First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1931 Ford Model A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just returned from the Vegas event, held on Saturday. A great experience and learned a lot about Bronco off road features. This is an amazing vehicle.
Interesting trail layout with many challenges.
Hot lunch and dinner provided.
Even though this is a desert location, it is high altitude and chilly in the morning and late afternoon this time of year. Hat, jacket and layers are needed.
The entrance to the Mt Potosi Road doesn't have a Bronco sign so just press on for a couple of miles and there the directional signs start.
Stayed in Red Rock hotel, location good but I hate those resort fees.
Great experience, will likely sign up for another one.
Sponsored

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. The poster above is mis-informed. The $250 voucher was given to early-reservation holders. It can be applied to store merchandise or towards the guest fee. No one has clarified in my other thread, but I believe the voucher expires at the end of the year. I went ahead and booked for December just to "use it or lose it". My other verified build does not have the voucher and I plan to use that one in the spring.
I asked about this and was told it would stay active as long as the Offroadeo program is still active and as of right now, there is a contract for 2 more years.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attended Austin over a year ago and loved it. Returned recently for a photo op. I heard they were going to eventually open up for repeat/public, but have never seen anything on it. Would definitely go back and try a different site if they did!
Ford Bronco Things I wish I knew before going to a Bronco Off-Roadeo - add yours IMG_3403

ManInDYellowHat

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They did have coffee in NH when I went in September, and it was good. Not amazing, but not worthy of a complaint.
What didn’t you like about the NH location? That’s where I’ve signed up to go.

NewToBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo S60, 2012 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If in Vegas - had great experience with renting a car through Turo - actually rented a Wrangler for the irony.

Do not rely on ride-sharing. They will hate taking you out there and getting cell coverage at Mt. Potosi is sparse.

Also - do it with a friend. You can both drive and it is fun having someone in the car with you.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to my first this weekend so I don't have a lot to add at this time. But wanted to start the thread so that others can share their wisdom about off-rodeo.

What do you wish somebody would have told you beforehand? Good or bad.

My first bit of intel I'd like to christen this thread with is: where to stay.

The events all have a "preferred host" hotel they recommend, but I'm learning this don't mean shit. Yes, you get a bit of a discounted rate. Not a lot, however. And the places tend to be pricey to begin with. Also - I assumed that the reason the hotel was "preferred" was because they would provide transportation to the event from that hotel. Not so. You'll need to rent a car or arrange a cab to get you there and back to your hotel.

The reason I wish somebody would have told me this ahead of time is: I would have picked a cheaper hotel. LOL Since there really is zero advantage to staying at the preferred place a motel 6 would have suited me just fine.

Anybody else have something to add? Something you brought that you didn't need? Something you needed but didn't bring? Whatever
I think you may be distrusting the experience Ford has put together, but you don't need to. My Austin experience was quite nice, and I stayed at Horsrshoe Bay, a nice resort. Ford, Bronco Nation and the Resort seem to be developing a long term package relationship, and they are already talking about what's next in the next year or two, like (1) being able to return to the same event for a repeat with more family members, and (2) adding a dedicated rescue or extraction training course to increase skill level of off-roaders, (3) and other experiences as demand for the original, "free" course wanes.

At our course last week, a third of us stayed at Horseshoe Bay, a third lived in the area and drove in that day, and a few stayed in other accommodations nearby, one in a motor home, another in a different hotel.

Ford has put together a high-quality off-road training course. I learned alot of little things about how to use my Bronco better, even though I've had it for a year. I hope you enjoy your Off-Roadeo.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went to Austin last February. The only issue I had was that GPS didn't take me to the main entrance but instead to a secondary entrance for a house on the same property. After talking to someone who works there and driving down one of the paths a ways I was able to find the facility. Otherwise, my son and I really enjoyed Austin Off-Roadeo
Ford Bronco Things I wish I knew before going to a Bronco Off-Roadeo - add yours IMG_3403
I'm driving into the TX event in 3 weeks. I'd love to know what address you wound up at that was the correct one, or at least which one was the wrong one so I don't have the same problem you did. Thanks

JetMech

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Badlands Sasquatch (2), Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Off-Roadeo, what is it and is it worth it?
The Bronco Off-Roadeo is an event put on by Ford for those who have purchased a new or ordered a new Gen 6 Ford Bronco. You don’t even have to have taken delivery of your Bronco yet to attend. You actually drive their Broncos at the event so it doesn’t matter if you bring yours or not, you won’t get to use it at the event.
What exactly is it all about anyway? Ford knew that there would be a lot of people new to the Bronco brand and that a lot of those people may have never been off road before. They created a purpose built course where you would get to understand the capabilities of the Bronco and learn first hand how to put those capabilities to use. Even if you never plan to take your Bronco off roading I highly recommend attending one of these events. Just getting to experience the capabilities of these marvelous machines truly helps you appreciate them even more. You never know when you might need your lockers to get that blocked spot at the mall
1f609.png

What if I’ve been four wheeling for a while and I’m comfortable four wheeling, should I attend? Absolutely, I’ve been four wheeling for 40 years now (man I sound old). When we attended our first Off-Roadeo in Austin I had not yet received my Bronco so I had no practical experience with one. I was truly blown away with all the tech that is built into the New Bronco. Having a course built to highlight the different features of the Bronco truly brought it all to light.
Which Off-Roadeo should I attend? There are four locations spread throughout the United States. There is Austin Texas, Las Vegas Nevada, Moab Utah and Gilford New Hampshire. Having attended three of the four I can share my thoughts on this. Logistics and costs aside, this is how I would recommend them. First, determine your level of experience at off roading.
If you are a newbie to off roading I would highly recommend choosing an area that closely matches the type area you most likely will be doing your own wheeling. If you are in an area with lots of trees and mud, I wouldn’t choose Nevada. With that said, if your wheeling is mostly desert trails then New Hampshire wouldn’t be my first choice. Being a newbie, you’re going to be so overwhelmed with not only off roading itself but all the features of the Bronco that you won’t have the time to actually appreciate the scenery around you.
If you are a seasoned off roader then I’d choose somewhere you’d like to see. You already have the basics of four wheeling down so you can focus your attention on the tech. Although there is a lot of it to learn, they teach it in small bites during the day so you really get a chance to experience the area you are wheeling in.
So, what are the facilities like? I’ll share my thoughts on the three that I have attended as they are all unique in what they have to offer.
Austin TX: We attended in November and you couldn’t ask for better weather. The facility is new and was purpose built just for this event and the quality of the facility is top notch. You have a wide variety of features that you must navigate throughout the day and your skills build one on the other. At lunch you head back to the facility where a catered meal is waiting. The food was top notch quality. After lunch, you head out for more time wheeling. Since you’ve been exposed to most all the features by this time it’s truly a 4-hour wheeling adventure. Afterwards it’s another catered meal with live music and a campfire for those interested. Austin is on private property and the only way to wheel here is to attend the Off-Roadeo.
Las Vegas NV: February is when we attended here and the morning was brisk but by the afternoon it was quite warm. The facility is an old boy scout camp that was converted for the Off-Roadeo. There is a mix of new and older buildings but you’re not there for a resort experience. Being from Arizona this location had the most similar type of terrain to what is in our local area. My feeling is that Vegas is probably the most technically challenging of the three locations that I have attended. After the morning instruction and four wheeling we returned to base camp for a catered lunch. The food was good and like Texas we had 4 hours of wheeling afterwards to test our new found skills. Afterwards it was back to camp and another catered meal and live music. Being we were all tired and dusty after the day, I can’t say whether they had a campfire available afterwards or not. Vegas is on private property and the only way to wheel here is to attend the Off-Roadeo.
Moab UT: We attended Moab over Memorial Day weekend. You couldn’t ask for nicer weather and the facility is very nice. The Bronco Off-Roadeo is at the host lodge so if you stay there, you are ready to go the morning of your Off-Roadeo. Either way the actual instruction portion is held on public lands rather than private lands so you may experience other traffic on the trails. Being they choose trails further from town this wasn’t really a problem. After leaving the facility we traveled about 14 miles on the highway before turning off the pavement. Once on the trail there are no facilities so be sure to use them before heading out. The trail we went on was Dome Plateau. This trail offers plenty of opportunities to utilize the different features of the Bronco. After the usual morning instruction, it was time for lunch. Being were out in the middle of nowhere there isn’t a gourmet catered lunch. There are coolers in the back of a few Broncos and lunch was set up and we certainly enjoyed the offerings. Afterwards there is another 4 hours of wheeling and more difficult portions to conquer. Afterwards you head back to the facility for a nice catered meal with live music. There is a campfire afterwards for those interested in hanging out and talking to others about your new found skills. Moab is conducted on public trails so there is plenty of opportunity to wheel around here. You can even take your own Bronco on the trail that you just learned on if so inclined.
So, which one would you attend if you could only choose one? If I was only going to attend the Off-Roadeo and nothing else then there is no clear winner. All of the locations are top notch. Being that Texas and Nevada are private property so you have to do a little research of the area if you want to do additional wheeling outside of the event itself. Both locations have wheeling available but you have to look. Moab on the other hand is on public land and there are literally hundreds of trails in the area to go explore on your own. So, to answer your question if I had to choose one destination for an Off-Roadeo event I would choose Moab. Not because it is better that the other, but because I would make it my destination and tie in additional days like I did this trip exploring other trails.
Whatever you choose, make attending a Bronco Off-Roadeo a priority. You won’t regret it. So, for those of you wondering how I got to attend three Off-Roadeos, it’s simple, I bought three Broncos. I’m not planning on buying a fourth Bronco so I’m hoping my dealer or someone will comp me a ticket to attend the New Hampshire location.
Happy Wheeling!

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll probably do Vegas just because my wife will want to hang back and do shows or whatever. I should have already booked it.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Attended Austin over a year ago and loved it. Returned recently for a photo op. I heard they were going to eventually open up for repeat/public, but have never seen anything on it. Would definitely go back and try a different site if they did!
Ford Bronco Things I wish I knew before going to a Bronco Off-Roadeo - add yours 1f609
It (Austin OffRoadeo) opened up for returns and the general public in July. I returned with my son in July. We were the first to go through the “open to the public” offering. It was good, just a shortened version (8-12 in the morning). We had a personal guide because we were the only ones participating. A little pricey, but I built memories with my son!

Sponsored

Red Devil's Rebel

Outer Banks
First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Green OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What didn’t you like about the NH location? That’s where I’ve signed up to go.
Also interested in the New Hampshire location.

Just got my vin & went to the website to check it out but New Hampshire is "greyed out" right now, I'm assuming it closes for the winter.

Does anyone know when it opens again/when the website will allow scheduling for 2023?

Thanks!

Hannaboy78

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm driving into the TX event in 3 weeks. I'd love to know what address you wound up at that was the correct one, or at least which one was the wrong one so I don't have the same problem you did. Thanks
I used the address for Bronco Off-Roadeo at Grey Wolf Ranch.
23501 State Hwy 71, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657

I was headed west out of Austin and Google took me to entrance #1 below. Which is the driveway to the house. Entrance #2 is where you should be, just a bit further west.
Ford Bronco Things I wish I knew before going to a Bronco Off-Roadeo - add yours Screenshot_20221107-221744

If you don't see the Bronco entryway below as your turning off the highway your at the wrong entrance.
Ford Bronco Things I wish I knew before going to a Bronco Off-Roadeo - add yours Screenshot_20221107-222336

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll be there December 3rd. :D

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to my first this weekend so I don't have a lot to add at this time. But wanted to start the thread so that others can share their wisdom about off-rodeo.

What do you wish somebody would have told you beforehand? Good or bad.

My first bit of intel I'd like to christen this thread with is: where to stay.

The events all have a "preferred host" hotel they recommend, but I'm learning this don't mean shit. Yes, you get a bit of a discounted rate. Not a lot, however. And the places tend to be pricey to begin with. Also - I assumed that the reason the hotel was "preferred" was because they would provide transportation to the event from that hotel. Not so. You'll need to rent a car or arrange a cab to get you there and back to your hotel.

The reason I wish somebody would have told me this ahead of time is: I would have picked a cheaper hotel. LOL Since there really is zero advantage to staying at the preferred place a motel 6 would have suited me just fine.

Anybody else have something to add? Something you brought that you didn't need? Something you needed but didn't bring? Whatever
Went to Moab, stayed at the host hotel (really nice) and only used my vehicle to get into town. I'd say being a friend and any specific dietary food you require. The lunch was pretty basic coldcuts and white bread.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used the address for Bronco Off-Roadeo at Grey Wolf Ranch.
23501 State Hwy 71, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657

I was headed west out of Austin and Google took me to entrance #1 below. Which is the driveway to the house. Entrance #2 is where you should be, just a bit further west.
Ford Bronco Things I wish I knew before going to a Bronco Off-Roadeo - add yours Screenshot_20221107-222336

If you don't see the Bronco entryway below as your turning off the highway your at the wrong entrance.
Awesome. Thanks.
Sponsored