First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So this motorcycle only thing is really putting a cramp in my lifestyle, as was the Focus I just got rid of to put myself in this predicament. I've always had a 4x4.

Since I'm a good 3-4 months out, I've been looking into a beater XJ for the summer. I found a 91 4.0 5spd 2dr 4x4 that has my attention.

I imagine there's quite a bit of XJ experience on this forum. They've gotten a little pricey for what it is but what hasn't over the last year?

Screenshot_20210619-110322~2.png
That ticks every box the new bronco does. It is perfect, buy it, wheel it, love it. When you get your bronco ship it to me on Maui. For real 4.0 5spd 2dr, with lift and tires. Cest' magnuphique!

I have 91 Comanche Eliminator, its got the dana44 rear. I drive it on top of a 4 ft tall pile of coconuts every day(with a bad auto trans) and regularly haul over 2000lbs of water, gravel, and blocks. They are beasts. Only thing you need to do is get a good fan on the radiator. But even still the older ones will live a long time even if they are run hot.
Ford Bronco Thinking about a Jeep XJ while I wait. 0309201357
Ford Bronco Thinking about a Jeep XJ while I wait. 0303211701
Ford Bronco Thinking about a Jeep XJ while I wait. 0303211722
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm gonna add my opinion of
Go4it
That engine is bullet proof and upgrading the cooling is not that expensive even if it has not already been done.
and of course I have to say........................2Dr FAWK YEA
:LOL:

When you finally get your Bronco you can slowly turn the XJ into a a beast of an off road rig and keep the Bronco all nice and party.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So this motorcycle only thing is really putting a cramp in my lifestyle, as was the Focus I just got rid of to put myself in this predicament. I've always had a 4x4.

Since I'm a good 3-4 months out, I've been looking into a beater XJ for the summer. I found a 91 4.0 5spd 2dr 4x4 that has my attention.

I imagine there's quite a bit of XJ experience on this forum. They've gotten a little pricey for what it is but what hasn't over the last year?

Ford Bronco Thinking about a Jeep XJ while I wait. 0303211722
Nice! Do it! 5spd will be fun to drive too. Will you keep it as is? Or are you thinking of restoring it a bit?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A couple years ago when I was thinking of getting in the off road scene, I went out and bought an XJ. It was a 93 Country (lux model) that had been bought new by an older couple and she was now 90+ and selling it. I had 50k original miles on it, super clean, garage kept.

Loved it...but man was it a money pit. Nothing major but always something. Every month almost, definitely every time we took it on a trip.

Just some examples, brake light switch went out the day I brought it home. Had power window motor go out, cruise control go out, horn, etc.. always something.

Hell the day I went to start it to go show it to the buyer it wouldnt start. Had to tear down and clean the neutral switch on the transmission.

Again, nothing that wasn't easily fixed (not necessarily cheap)..but it was just constant.

So just a couple of months after making my Bronco Reservation, I sold it before some bombshell happened.

I loved driving it...but I started telling people.. "I bought it so that I COULD work on it, not because I WANTED to work on it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.