First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The long wait and sketchy customer reviews so far, have me working on 2nd options.
So today I built and ordered a Maverick. Definitely not a substitute for the Bronco. And a completely different vehicle.
I was excited to see that I could build a loaded maverick for much less than a base + sas bronco.

Who knows which one will get here first.

carb gray/saddle brown leather
2.0T
AWD
Lariat
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Doing the same. going hybrid as I won't need it fore more than light hauling and running errands, but had to have cruise control. Since that forced the desert brown interior in the Lariat. I went rapid red which is it's one late availability sin and tripped the First Edition package there. So pretty much loaded in the Hybrid FWD drivetrain in the end.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was building one of those today

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Doing the same. going hybrid as I won't need it fore more than light hauling and running errands, but had to have cruise control. Since that forced the desert brown interior in the Lariat. I went rapid red which is it's one late availability sin and tripped the First Edition package there. So pretty much loaded in the Hybrid FWD drivetrain in the end.
AWD was a must for me. The 2.0 with a tune and AWD should be a good little combo.

Sponsored

Roadeyes

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered an XL hybrid back in June for $21,260 delivered to accompany my alleged 2.3 MT BD. Was easy to make the case to my wife that a 40mpg pickup was a smart purchase. She agreed and then informed me that she will be driving the Bronco full time and I can have the Maverick all to myself. I never saw it coming.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cruise isn't standard? 😬

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered a hybrid one back in June to swap with my 2013 F150 FX4. Always was going to keep my truck as a DD, but Ford surprised me with a truck and 40mpg. With OBX SAS on the way I don’t need 2 vehicles that get 16/17mpg.

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IIRC the tow package gets larger coolers and a trailer brake controller. For the minimal added cost I think its worth adding even if you never tow.
Edit: double checked. The tow package gets you a transmission cooler, larger radiator, larger cooling fan, and deeper gear ratios. For $750 I'd say its mandatory. Those upgrades ought to improve transmission life and make the vehicle more enjoyable to drive. The trailer hitch, brake controller, and trailer wiring will get you that money back just in resale value.

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
IIRC the tow package gets larger coolers and a trailer brake controller. For the minimal added cost I think its worth adding even if you never tow.
And it looks like the tow package is standard on the lariat

Sponsored

gmille

Black Diamond
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered an XL hybrid back in June for $21,260 delivered to accompany my alleged 2.3 MT BD. Was easy to make the case to my wife that a 40mpg pickup was a smart purchase. She agreed and then informed me that she will be driving the Bronco full time and I can have the Maverick all to myself. I never saw it coming.
Toooo funny!

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know Ford's build and price is umm not accurate lol but I dont see where it says it's included. I'd clarify with the dealer that you do in fact have the 4k trailer tow option. Enjoy the ride, I think Ford did a great job with the Maverick.

gwrjones

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I too have a Maverick on order. Alto Blue XLT, 2.0, FX4, AWD, 4K tow. I'm looking forward to it. Will be nice to pair it with the Bronco.

Also, getting a Maverick allowed me to take the tow package off the Bronco to hopefully get it sooner...right? RiGhT?!

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Lariat Lux package comes with a 4-pin connection but the 4k tow package is what gives you the 7-pin, trailer brake controller etc.

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too have a Maverick on order. Alto Blue XLT, 2.0, FX4, AWD. I'm looking forward to it. Will be nice to pair it with the Bronco.

Also, getting a Maverick allowed me to take the tow package off the Bronco to hopefully get it sooner...right? RiGhT?!
The Maverick can tow more than the Bronco which is funny
Sponsored