Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4 door, 2.7 litre, cactus grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First was in Texas. I'd like to do a second, preferably in Moab. If you've done a second, is it basically the same experience, only in a different location, and a lot more expensive? $2K is a lot of money for a day. Granted, my first offrodeo cost $58K but I got a free Bronco out of the deal.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you really like the experience & are still uncomfortable with the Bronco, or just want to get a sticker from another location, it's a bit of a rip off. And if you want to bring a guest really break out the wallet.

As @PSUTE said, get know know members in the community & gain real experience on real trails.
$.02 🤠

(Edit) if you want to go to MOAB, come out during the Bronco Safari in April 30- May 4th. You'll meet a lot of good people and get to run trails with experienced people. It's a good time.

https://www.broncosafari.com/WP/

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since we are a multiple Bronco family we will probably go to another. I was actually screwing around on the Off-Rodeo website early this week checking out dates and filled out most the registration info without checking out or emptying my cart. Got an email a couple days later for $100 off the guest fee. With the $250 guest/swag credit figured in it would only cost me $150 for the wife and I. We already went to the Vegas location and we live in Texas so we plan on going there next. Probably make an extended weekend out of it and also visit TX wine country which is right next door.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Couldn’t you go as a plus one with someone?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ozbronco

Ozbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you really like the experience & are still uncomfortable with the Bronco, or just want to get a sticker from another location, it's a bit of a rip off. And if you want to bring a guest really break out the wallet.

As @PSUTE said, get know know members in the community & gain real experience on real trails.
$.02 🤠

(Edit) if you want to go to MOAB, come out during the Bronco Safari in April 30- May 4th. You'll meet a lot of good people and get to run trails with experienced people. It's a good time.

https://www.broncosafari.com/WP/
I'll be in Moab soon, which is why I was thinking of the offrodeo. But I can use that $2K a lot of other ways. I'll just do some driving around and take pictures. The scenery is amazing, I'll keep that safari in mind. Thanks.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Having heard from several people that all are similar, but have unique elements, I'm not sure that hitting another is that worthwhile. Like @Felix808 said, hit other 4x4 events - they're all over and probably cheaper.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a lot of dough. If you know when you're going to be in Moab, go around to the clubs and Facebook etc. and see if you can put together a group.

There may also be tours you can join (Merus in Amarillo lets you go out in ad hoc groups). It seems like some of the Jeep groups are more organized, so you might look at that as an option, too.

At worst, maybe show up early and just approach some groups that are gearing up and see if they'll let you join. Unless I can find some folks to ride out to the Alpine Loop Oct 1/2, that's what I'll be doing. 👀 😁

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
First was in Texas. I'd like to do a second, preferably in Moab. If you've done a second, is it basically the same experience, only in a different location, and a lot more expensive? $2K is a lot of money for a day. Granted, my first offrodeo cost $58K but I got a free Bronco out of the deal.
Why not just go find some trails and start off-roading, are classes really necessary? Leastways that's how we did it starting out back in the stone age (1990's). :)

OP
OP
Ozbronco

Ozbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There may also be tours you can join (Merus in Amarillo lets you go out in ad hoc groups).
I was wondering about that. A guide or something to take you around based on your skills and rig capability.

OP
OP
Ozbronco

Ozbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are classes really necessary?
Im pretty new to the game. Learned a lot at the first one. A refresher in a different local would be good if it wasnt so expensive.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering about that. A guide or something to take you around based on your skills and rig capability.
I have to believe a place like Moab's got private guides you can hire. Just doing a cursory search (not at all affiliated), I found this company (see the U Drive tours):

https://epic4x4adventures.com/you-drive-tours/

Edit: Nevermind, just realized that's side-by-side only. However, you might call and see if they can help find what you're looking for.

I'm sure there's others. There are also some forum members that live out there, some of them might take you out if you ask nicely.

Note that the tour guides you hire are going to be more conservative and try to guide you around damage. I'm sure it's an insurance thing. So most of them I would gather do more off road touring. You'd probably need to find a one-on-one guide if you really want to build skills. And skills are best learned when you're spotting others as well as driving. Listening is a skill in off roading.

In other words, if you're just getting started and gaining experience, the tours are probably fine (and try to join the intermediate ones). Learning to listen to spotters and not panic is a big part of the early learning experience.

Last edited:

buckhorn_cortez

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, SHO, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, 2K is absurd to have to pay to go to the Off-Rodeo. The experience is definitely not worth that and I can do a lot of mods for that kind of money.
Really? So, do you know the cost for Ford to supply the facilities, instructors, vehicles, insurance, and other direct costs? They also may want to make the price high enough to discourage people from doing the event multiple times so that new owners are not prevented from the event by people who have done the event previously taking up places.

There are a lot of reasons for the costs other than your personal opinion.
Sponsored