CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$75 and you are still responsible for the first $3500 in damage?
Yes, so unless you do $3,576 dollars or more in damage, the $75 is a waste.

If you do $2,800 in damage, you are on the hook for all of it - plus the $75 you already spent.

For me, it was an easy pass.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I had read that there was a winching and recovery session. Is that not the case?

OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So during all the excitement of the last 2 days I totally forgot to ask one very very important question that I hope that anyone who's going to the off rodeo will ask and hopefully get an answer I don't know if anyone else noticed this but every time I got into the Bronco I was driving the auto start was always off but the button was not lit up which means it was programmed some way to never come on and the little indicator on the dashboard showed it off but like I said the button was not lit up. So anyone who's still going to the off rodeo Let's start asking those questions and find out if they will tell us how they did it so we can all permanently turn off the auto start if you want to which I know you want to!!!!

Edit*
So someone in another post said that as soon as you put it in a GOAT mode it turns off the auto stop. Would like to confirm and qonder if just puttinf in 4 h or 4 a will do that as well.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought I had read that there was a winching and recovery session. Is that not the case?
At our group it was a conversation not a demo per say, still informative for most if they never did any recover

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So during all the excitement of the last 2 days I totally forgot to ask one very very important question that I hope that anyone who's going to the off rodeo will ask and hopefully get an answer I don't know if anyone else noticed this but every time I got into the Bronco I was driving the auto start was always off but the button was not lit up which means it was programmed some way to never come on and the little indicator on the dashboard showed it off but like I said the button was not lit up. So anyone who's still going to the off rodeo Let's start asking those questions and find out if they will tell us how they did it so we can all permanently turn off the auto start if you want to which I know you want to!!!!
I'll be sure to ask on Friday. Question for you - how dirty do you actually get? Was wondering if I needed a change of clothes for the hour drive home lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll be sure to ask on Friday. Question for you - how dirty do you actually get? Was wondering if I needed a change of clothes for the hour drive home lol.
Not at all, but it was dry and not that dusty
If it rained you will walk through dirt/mud

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, so unless you do $3,576 dollars or more in damage, the $75 is a waste.

If you do $2,800 in damage, you are on the hook for all of it - plus the $75 you already spent.

For me, it was an easy pass.
Um you seemed to have read that wrong, this just means the most you will pay is $3575 vice up to the replacement cost of the vehicle But yes this would not be my first "rodeo" so I would pass as well. ;)

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was a great day. The Bronco is super capable in just 4L. Completely lived up to the hype. You feel like you really can go over all terrain. Then lock the rear diff and take it to another level.

would you say that having just a rear locker is enough for most trails? front locker and sta-disconnect is just for expert type trails?

RBJBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLE 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

would you say that having just a rear locker is enough for most trails? front locker and sta-disconnect is just for expert type trails?
I would say that I ran the entire 2nd day with no swaybar disconnect feature and had no issue crawling up everything. However, It is cool to disconnect it under load. Some would argue with me it’s a must have. So if you actually hit 7-10 difficulty trails just manually disconnect like the Jeep guys have been doing for years. I am not changing my Wildtrak order

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes just having a rear locker would probably have been enough for the trails there. I will say there was no obstacle that the Bronco couldn't just crawl up with both locker and the sta-disconnect. With just the rear locker I think you would have definitely had to work at it a lot more (picking perfect lines and bumping over certain things).

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Day 2 Report:

So, day two.

All I have to say is AWESOME, it was better than day one.
We started with a brief meeting than right back in the bronco's to hit the trail.
It was pretty amazing how the bronco just ate up the trail, hills, rock climbs, and through the water. We did the whole trail in 4 low with only a few times engaging the lockers. I was talking to a Guide and realized that the Hero switch's are just for getting you out of a situation, whether you took the wrong line or just some wheel slip. The sta bar disconnect was awesome and I never realized what a difference it would make on the trail. Like I said, with 4 low and the sta bar disconnected was all we needed for most obstacles!!! But it was nice to know if you needed it the lockers were right at our finger tips. One thing I would like to bring up after the trail rides was that is was so awesome that you could just hit the hero switch's on the fly and get what you need to engage or disengage without stopping. That and just the basic ability of the the bronco in 4 low were the two big things I took away from the ride.

I would also like to shout out to the guides, especially Cory and Blake. They both were professional, informative, safe and just plain fun to be with. They both made both days even better!!!!

I also want to shout our to Lindsey(sp), who was the Ford rep on site getting feed back. She had conversations with AJ the first day and we all were able to talk to her today about everything. It was great to know that Ford is listening to all of us. Hope fully our comments will help with future Off rodeo and information going out to the public. Hope fully we were not to rough on her!!!!

I hope that the other members will post there experience, I am not the greatest at this!!!! We all talked about sharing pictures and videos, and one member (Jason!!!) talked about putting together a montage with all the footage.

So, if you where at the rodeo, let share those stories and pictures and videos to all who can't or haven't gone.

I will leave with this message. It is defiantly worth it in my eyes. The people I was with today, members and non members all agreed. It was beyond what we thought it would be in a great way, So if you have a chance, take it and go for it!!!!

20210629_093405-jpg.jpg

20210629_080938-jpg.jpg

20210629_080935-jpg.jpg

20210628_215104-jpg.jpg

20210628_215052-jpg.jpg

Day 1 Report:

Today was the first day of the off rodeo and I must say, it was a blast. The staff was first rate with the guides very knowledgeable. About the Broncos and the terain. Shout out to Corey and the other guides, made the day very fun. I was lucky enough to drive the 2 door badlands in race red. Absolutely loved the two door. It should ve called a billy goat nit a bronco how easy the vehicle and tech made the trail.
I have included a couple of pics. Can not wait till tomorrow! They said we would go on more difficult trails and learn how to use more of the tech.

20210628_152910.jpg

20210628_144654.jpg
20210628_143056.jpg
@Tor148 , I've finally recovered from my 10 hour drive home (got home after midnight) so I'm working on adding my content now.... I'm going to do a write-up on the manual transmission and I'll throw my pics up in a minute.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
July 10th, the wife, son and I will be there.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes just having a rear locker would probably have been enough for the trails there. I will say there was no obstacle that the Bronco couldn't just crawl up with both locker and the sta-disconnect. With just the rear locker I think you would have definitely had to work at it a lot more (picking perfect lines and bumping over certain things).
thats good to know. really want manual and mid package. but ford is being difficult with that. thinking base sasquatch to watch the budget. lots of time to figure it out. lol
Sponsored