First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope it's smaller than the Mustang key. The fob in my '17 it too big. It might be fine by itself but if you had a ring and a couple of other keys and it get unruly.
Sponsored

drugdealr

Wildtrak
First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was just coming here to post about it. I too, was hoping for a special key, something rugged, but I knew it would be a no go, considering the Raptor gets the same key as every other ford, just rebranded.

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why does the fob need a place to put it? Why wouldnt you just keep it in your pocket where it was before?
Preference. When I'm home, the fob stays in its dedicated holster. Contrast that with the wife's Lincoln and it's holsterless fob. She's digging in this purse and then that purse and shaking jeans in the laundry pile and, Oh! There it is! On the kitchen table.

Nate

NorthernBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335xi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's nothing wrong with that key fob.

Sponsored

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Preference. When I'm home, the fob stays in its dedicated holster. Contrast that with the wife's Lincoln and it's holsterless fob. She's digging in this purse and then that purse and shaking jeans in the laundry pile and, Oh! There it is! On the kitchen table.

Nate
I’m interested in this holster, never seen something like that. Is it on your belt? Got any pics?

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m interested in this holster, never seen something like that. Is it on your belt? Got any pics?
It's not really a holster, I was just using that term as a dedicated spot to put the key. The JL has a specific place to put your fob. It's in the center consol.

That said, I bet there IS a belt-mounted leather fob holding holster out there someplace. Etsy?

Nate

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please tell me at least those are real fasteners and not just black molded plastic bits ...
They’re real machine screws. I have this same fob body replacement for my JK key. It’s a harder/thicker plastic, with plastic buttons instead of the soft rubber of the oem key.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They do need a new buttonless fob that is just the transmitter and a key. Like @ChrisMeyers said, with a modern car, you never take it out of your pocket or purse. Yes, it could be shaped like a Bronco headlight. ?
Mini copper key fob?

s-l300.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kaldur_Ahm

Big Bend
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's nothing wrong with that key fob.
You're right, Its a nice fob in itself. I think Ford makes one of the better designed fobs compared to Toyota or other companies. Its just considering how many Easter eggs and references were made throughout the vehicle, i expected the key to be special or different from the rest of Fords fobs.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Key fobs pointless design these days. You never take it out of your pocket for anyone to see it. All the trims have standard keyless go. I can't remember the last time I took out my Mustang fob out of my pocket when out and about. I probably never have.
The only time I take the FOB to the brides Mustang out of my pocket is when the dang truck release decides not to work.......yeah, I gotta get it to the shop. :)

I do hope Ford didn't copy the FOB for the Jeep. The button for the emergency key is forever being pushed while in my pocket, and that damn key comes out like a switch blade knife.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kinda delicate looking for sure. Maybe they’ll offer a protective glove or something for it. It’ll have to be heat resistant though. You wouldn’t want it shrinking up and not fitting over the key.
Sponsored