Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hawse mount works great if you are running a winch. I modified mine so I could remove with no tools for off-roading/winch use.
Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount IMG_3130
Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount IMG_3129
Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount IMG_3131
Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount IMG_3133
Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount IMG_3086 1
Sponsored

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The radar unit is the rectangular plastic box mounted in the center of the FMIC cutout. It is utilized by the adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning systems. All broncos have forward collision warning, so all broncos have the radar transceiver.

It can't be in the exact location shown on the Ford document. That would place the transceiver behind metal on the capable and modular bumper. Radar generally doesn't work behind metal, and if it does, it works in a significantly compromised way. If the latter is closer to the truth, the car may not throw a warning, but it won't work to warn or slow the vehicle in an emergency situation.

Between the risk and the potential insurance liability, it's not worth covering it to me.

And that's before we talk about the way further covering the FMIC messes with your IATs. And how that makes a turbo motor run poorly.
The vehicle controls are probably going to derate based on a high IMT. Just my two cents :)