Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a blast wheeling in the North Dakota badlands today. 37’s, and skid plates are next on my agenda, not much paint left on the gas tank skid. And, the license plate has seen better days! Still impressed with what this thing can do, running the smallest tires in our group, and it did pretty well.

Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount F0A453B0-6B86-4E93-876B-4AF0011AF295

Here's a bonus pic.

Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount 8ECD028B-2BC3-4603-AA5E-F4F9896E41A1
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's what I did, flipped stock plate holder upside down and zip tied top to bumper and the bottom kinda clips in too bumper...

Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount 20220425_152020

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's what I did, flipped stock plate holder upside down and zip tied top to bumper and the bottom kinda clips in too bumper...

Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount 20220425_152020
idk man. This fully blocks the forward collision sensor and partially blocks the FMIC.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought all Broncos had the sensor too.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do any states really enforce their front plate law? I’m not suggesting anyone do anything but I know for sure that in NV a high percentage of cars don’t have front plates although there’s a requirement for one.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do any states really enforce their front plate law? I’m not suggesting anyone do anything but I know for sure that in NV a high percentage of cars don’t have front plates although there’s a requirement for one.
In a lot of states it will be an add-on ticket if you get pulled over for something else, or given to you in a parking lot by meter maids.

The only time I've ever gotten a front plate ticket on it's own while driving was on Staten Island.

I thought all Broncos had the sensor too.
Yeah I just double checked, all broncos have the sensor because all broncos have forward collision warning.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve been pulled over for no front plate in Texas before. It was in my Charger and I had no choice but to drill into the bumper as there were no other options. Putting it on the dash is technically illegal, but a lot of people do it anyway (also very dangerous as it becomes a projectile in a crash)

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been pulled over for no front plate in Texas before. It was in my Charger and I had no choice but to drill into the bumper as there were no other options. Putting it on the dash is technically illegal, but a lot of people do it anyway (also very dangerous as it becomes a projectile in a crash)
Damn that sucks man. I got lucky with my BMW, I could buy a bracket that mounts to the front tow hook.

Still trying to think about what to do when my Bronco shows up. Been thinking of building something that bolts through one of the front shackle points on the mod bumper since I don't wheel and have only needed recovery once in my life.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Damn that sucks man. I got lucky with my BMW, I could buy a bracket that mounts to the front tow hook.

Still trying to think about what to do when my Bronco shows up. Been thinking of building something that bolts through one of the front shackle points on the mod bumper since I don't wheel and have only needed recovery once in my life.
I use a mount from Built Right Industries. There’s a couple others out there too. But I liked the ease and appearance of the one I got.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never had a issue in Colorado….I usually just keep the front plate in the truck somewhere in case some gives me a hard time but I have never had a issue.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use a mount from Built Right Industries. There’s a couple others out there too. But I liked the ease and appearance of the one I got.
Yeah I looked at that, but I want to add foglights and all the mounts that use those mounts block the pockets where they would go. I also end up on dirt roads at night, so I was looking to add additional lights to the front bumper.

Too many needs and not enough space. haha
Sponsored