Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My super simple solution. A piece of angled aluminum drilled to fit the existing holes in the bumper and painted black.
Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount 017D127F-97EA-4370-9980-E1143C587055
Sponsored

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been pulled over for no front plate in Texas before. It was in my Charger and I had no choice but to drill into the bumper as there were no other options.
I live in the DFW Metroplex and had an "Arrest Me Red" CTX without a front license plate. Went years without an issue. Sold the CTX to a police officer. She lectured me about Texas motor vehicle laws and the $200 fine. Hey Sub, are saying the sole reason for being pulled over was the missing front plate or did something else cause the stop (a demonstration of performance driving)? And what I understand here in Texas they can fine you but they can't force you to drill holes in your bumper. Next time put $200 in an envelope and just roll the dice. Back in the 80's, Texas had a motorcycle helmet law. A friend paid dozens of citations. He considered it a cost of riding free.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do any states really enforce their front plate law? I’m not suggesting anyone do anything but I know for sure that in NV a high percentage of cars don’t have front plates although there’s a requirement for one.
Oh yeah. Once got stopped in New York State near Fort Drum for not having my Texas front plate mounted. Police officer was nice about it and gave me a warning.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live in the DFW Metroplex and had an "Arrest Me Red" CTX without a front license plate. Went years without an issue. Sold the CTX to a police officer. She lectured me about Texas motor vehicle laws and the $200 fine. Hey Sub, are saying the sole reason for being pulled over was the missing front plate or did something else cause the stop (a demonstration of performance driving)? And what I understand here in Texas they can fine you but they can't force you to drill holes in your bumper. Next time put $200 in an envelope and just roll the dice. Back in the 80's, Texas had a motorcycle helmet law. A friend paid dozens of citations. He considered it a cost of riding free.
Yep. He was opposite me at a stop sign, no aggressive driving etc, his sole purpose was because of the lack of front plate. It was extremely annoying as I was trying to get a function my daughter was competing in. Like it or not, it’s the law and I got busted. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My super simple solution. A piece of angled aluminum drilled to fit the existing holes in the bumper and painted black.
Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount 017D127F-97EA-4370-9980-E1143C587055
Good idea and can be easily removed when you get off-road. For those not as handy making their own, this is sold by KR Off-Road on Amazon. (Source/ KR Off-Road Front License Plate Bracket Compatible with 2021-2022 Ford Bronco (USA Made) https://a.co/d/d2RAWiQ)

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
The sensor is in the windshield, in that plastic box by the rear view mirror. When I had a new windshield put in we had to drive a few miles to recalibrate it with some electronic thingy attached.
That's the camera. The radar unit is the black plastic rectangle in the FMIC cutout.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's the camera. The radar unit is the black plastic rectangle in the FMIC cutout.
Well my Base Bronco only has one camera, poking out of the spare tire, and no radar, but it still gives me warnings if I'm approaching someone too quickly when they're about to turn out of my way. How does it detect a potential forward collision if there is no additional stuff in the grill?

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well my Base Bronco only has one camera, poking out of the spare tire, and no radar, but it still gives me warnings if I'm approaching someone too quickly when they're about to turn out of my way. How does it detect a potential forward collision if there is no additional stuff in the grill?
I'm going off what Ford documentation says and a google search of base bronco front ends to confirm the radar unit is there. Neither is in the grill and you can see the camera in the basesquatch shot.

You got a shot of your front end?

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, so the radar is inside the "plastic box", or whatever the flat plastic piece is above the license plate there? What happens to all of those people who put their license plate in the higher mount position? Can it still see out?

I'm learning something new with this, so thanks for clarifying.
Yeah that black plastic rectangle in there is the housing for the radar. And I think we're safe to assume that it can't see out if you put a plate there, radar readily reflects off metals.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount XShA26w copy

Had a blast wheeling in the North Dakota badlands today. 37’s, and skid plates are next on my agenda, not much paint left on the gas tank skid. And, the license plate has seen better days! Still impressed with what this thing can do, running the smallest tires in our group, and it did pretty well. Heres a
Ford Bronco Time to rethink my front plate mount XShA26w copy
bonus pic.
Why move it, all that effort to get it form fitted to your bumper would be wasted!

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought every bronco had the sensor?

Are you logging IATs?
In a lot of states it will be an add-on ticket if you get pulled over for something else, or given to you in a parking lot by meter maids.

The only time I've ever gotten a front plate ticket on it's own while driving was on Staten Island.

Yeah I just double checked, all broncos have the sensor because all broncos have forward collision warning.
I thought you were talking about the cruise control thing up there, I don't have that.

So this collision warning sensor, what does it look like. If it was faulty due to my license plate blocking it, wouldn't my Bronco be yelling at me???

Edit to add: That black box in front of the IC, isn't that only for adaptive cruise control. I don't have that but a empty plastic housing is there on mine...

Edit to add more: If you click on your link, the radar is "If equipped" and not centered, it is more to the drivers side! Not all Broncos have it!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: