Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Plastic roof panels do not rust in the traditional sense. The stain-less (not stainproof) fasteners might and the MIC 1.0 is being replaced partly due to environmental exposure (meaning they were only meant for indoor use, lol). When's the last time you saw rust on a 'vette or Avanti, or Fiero?

Now, to that 72 top on a 76, if there are any date codes on either piece your customer will lose concours points
My point was we dont know how the MIC tops will hold up in 45 -50 years, I
Plastic roof panels do not rust in the traditional sense. The stain-less (not stainproof) fasteners might and the MIC 1.0 is being replaced partly due to environmental exposure (meaning they were only meant for indoor use, lol). When's the last time you saw rust on a 'vette or Avanti, or Fiero?

Now, to that 72 top on a 76, if there are any date codes on either piece your customer will lose concours points
I understand that the MIC tops are plastic and not metal, my point was we dont know how the plastic is going to hold up in 45-50 years due to the environment, plastic cracks, fades, scratch, ect ... what I'm saying is if you were going to restore your 2021 bronco in say 50 years you will more then likely need to replace or repair the top unless you Ethier find one that's been in storage for 50 years and it's in great shape, but really if you're wanting the value to increase on your bronco then just park in in the garage and let your grandchildren enjoy it,
In my opinion, I still do not believe that a 21 top will bring in more value unless it's in pristine shape, and I'm going on the assumption that this bronco will be driven alot and with the California sun beating down on that top, it will more than likely will start fading in due time.
Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My point was we dont know how the MIC tops will hold up in 45 -50 years, I

I understand that the MIC tops are plastic and not metal, my point was we dont know how the plastic is going to hold up in 45-50 years due to the environment, plastic cracks, fades, scratch, ect ... what I'm saying is if you were going to restore your 2021 bronco in say 50 years you will more then likely need to replace or repair the top unless you Ethier find one that's been in storage for 50 years and it's in great shape, but really if you're wanting the value to increase on your bronco then just park in in the garage and let your grandchildren enjoy it,
In my opinion, I still do not believe that a 21 top will bring in more value unless it's in pristine shape, and I'm going on the assumption that this bronco will be driven alot and with the California sun beating down on that top, it will more than likely will start fading in due time.
Sorry had a weird glitch on this post. Didn't mean to repeat myself.

OP
OP
Blue's B6G

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The fact you’re even asking this question shows how stupid collectors are. Wtf would you want with a recalled, leaky ass top?
I don’t think they’re fixing the airbag beam leak with MIC 2.0. And I bet you’d feel differently if you had one.

OP
OP
Blue's B6G

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if you're wanting the value to increase on your bronco then just park in in the garage and let your grandchildren enjoy it
I’m not trying to increase the value of it necessarily, just trying to keep it original because I love it that much and also because everyone else is modding theirs.

CooterBrownATX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the original top is "stolen", you can't turn it in when you get a new one.

Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m not trying to increase the value of it necessarily, just trying to keep it original because I love it that much and also because everyone else is modding theirs.
Didn't mean you specifically, just anybody who feels that there 2021 broncos will shoot up in value like the 66-77 have in the recent years.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is not a single person on this planet who will pay more for an original MIC, but it would be cool to hang onto one to experiment with, beat on, turn into a coffee table whatever. Not to mention they probably won’t hold up for 40 years anyway 😂

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think they’re fixing the airbag beam leak with MIC 2.0. And I bet you’d feel differently if you had one.
No, I wouldn’t. I’d want that shitty ass top gone ASAP. If some millionaire wants a 21’ “original” Bronco in 30 years complete with a fucked up top it just goes to show you people have more money than brains.

OP
OP
Blue's B6G

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, I wouldn’t. I’d want that shitty ass top gone ASAP. If some millionaire wants a 21’ “original” Bronco in 30 years complete with a fucked up top it just goes to show you people have more money than brains.
It’s really not about the resell. The “value” in keeping it original is personal.

And this particular “shitty ass top” is probably better than most MIC 2.0’s will turn out.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This isn’t a “mod”. That’s like when Jeep recalled the steering boxes because of wandering if some people were like NAH, keep it original, I don’t want it to steer better. It’s a defective part. Nothing more to it than that. If it got in a wreck would you refuse to replace the destroyed front end because it’s original to the car and everyone else’s has normal sheet metal?

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People pay lucrative amounts of $$ on misprinted sports cards and such…sooo 🤷‍♂️

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People are paying good $$ on obsolete items…typewriters, payphone sand such so I’m with the OP on this…whether you sell it or not, having an original top will have its upside as far as being special. And if you’re worried about the issues it has, get a separate top and keep the original. I’ll be going after market on both soft and hard top, but would definitely would love to get my hands on a MIC 1.0…

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here's another question... For those taking the replacement, when is the right time to do it? Now, as they become available, or months down the line when they are churning them out by the thousands? Personally Im thinking about waiting a little bit to make sure the production and replacement process go smoothly.

I don't want a tech doing this for the first time and "learning" on my Bronco...But I also imagine it could be awhile until they have done multiple replacements.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting idea. I asked my dealer if I might be able to keep my existing top as a backup and still get the replacement, and he said no. Ford will require you to turn in the old one if you want to get the new one. The reason being, the whole point is to get the poor quality ones off the street, which makes sense.
While it is true, Ford does ask for warranty parts back, its mostly for engineering purposes so new recalls or tsbs can be created when a known product defect is found. In this particular case, I am willing to be Ford will tell the dealers to just dispose of the hardtops as I doubt Ford will want to pay the shipping of each individual top.
Sponsored