Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup! Maine checking in here.

Winter driving is veeery loud. Lots of squeaks and crackles. I'll try to keep it garaged more in case water is getting and expanding. But I guess it's not really different than I expected. Instead of a roof I have a Rubbermaid tub. Wouldn't trade my removable roof for a quiet one I can't take off 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Born2Drive

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had sub-freezing temperatures the end of last week. Not as cold as the rest of the country. I also noticed the whistling sound from the hard top. I wonder if the seals are not as air tight when the temperature drops.

splytsecond

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mines been at the dealer for a hvac howl for the last 4-5 days, hoping to hear back soon and will report back if their fix actually worked.

i'm referring to the tea kettle howl coming from the lower vents that some are getting

i also get a whistle from where the top meets the roof halo but that definitely seems pressure related as it doesn't seem to happen with the hvac off, and only in the really colder days/months.

i get that its an incredibly capable off-road vehicle and how modular it is, but for how long ford took with this nonsense i would've hoped for a better build quality

Jason519

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its really cold in Michigan right now and I am amazed at the whistling coming I think from the heating system and maybe the hard top. But also the creaking going on it sounds like a worn out car I drove in the late 70s. Must be the temperature range of all these plastics. Anyone else experiencing this.
Yep I don’t deal with it as much being in Alabama but this past week sounds like some moving around in back all the popping lol