First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3/F-150 XL eco beast
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m seeing about a 3.5L/100km increase this winter.. approx 5-6MPG difference. On par with some others.

2.3 MT. Aka No Remote Start but plugged in outdoors. -30°C this week, warmed on idle for approx 90 seconds to get the 0w-30 and gear oils moving and gently/slowly off we go bringing the hubs, hydraulics and electronics up to temp
Oh man that cold! I was reading this thinking it has been really cold in So Cal this year (high 30's (F) low 40's). I guess i shouldn't complain!
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man that cold! I was reading this thinking it has been really cold in So Cal this year (high 30's (F) low 40's). I guess i shouldn't complain!
-40 to +40(105F) swing year round! High 30’s, that’s T shirt weather 😜

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m blaming my winter mpg’s (16.5 2.7 Squatch, brand new) on starting the Bronco from my desk in the morning so it’s running while I make the trek outside. Also, air drag etc. what does my Bronco look like in the daytime? Not sure. <— Only partially true; There’s weekends and my morning drive home.
My best mpg on my last vehicle was always the week or two in Spring/fall when the weather is nice enough to not require heat or A/C on full blast just to not die.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was blaming my increased consumption on warming the truck in the morning. After I finished my move to my new house though (with attached garage, I never warm up anymore) my consumption did not change.

I went from getting almost 400 miles per tank in the summer but am now down to 330. This is 2.3L Manual with lift and heavy accessories (rockslides, full slide out drawer, etc).

That being said, I graduated from a 2010 Tacoma with no fuel monitoring... So I may never have noticed the same effect happening with the old taco.

Also, and ironically, I have gained PSI on all my tires this winter. Starting to question the accuracy of the TPMS. Lol.

There are plenty of threads on MPG, but I can argue against those saying premium doesn't help. For whatever reason, my MPG takes a noticeable drop if I don't use the expensive stuff.
Sponsored