First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its really cold in Michigan right now and I am amazed at the whistling coming I think from the heating system and maybe the hard top. But also the creaking going on it sounds like a worn out car I drove in the late 70s. Must be the temperature range of all these plastics. Anyone else experiencing this.
Sponsored

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That whistle is driving me insane. Gets worse with vehicle speed and air speed. I removed the glove box and the passenger footwell duct to try to find it. I think it’s a leaking blend door—right behind the HVAC controls.

OP
OP
Machinepirate

Machinepirate

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That whistle is driving me insane. Gets worse with vehicle speed and air speed. I removed the glove box and the passenger footwell duct to try to find it. I think it’s a leaking blend door—right behind the HVAC controls.
we should take back to the dealer.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have increased wind noise in cold weather, but the hardtop creaks worse than my senior-aged knees when going over road irregularities and speed bumps. I thought it was the cold causing the roof panels to "contract" a bit and that these "gaps" were causing the creaks, but I took off the roof panels and re-seated them, but I still have creaks. It isn't a constant rattle, it is definitely a panel creak when I encounter bumps in the road.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its really cold in Michigan right now and I am amazed at the whistling coming I think from the heating system and maybe the hard top. But also the creaking going on it sounds like a worn out car I drove in the late 70s. Must be the temperature range of all these plastics. Anyone else experiencing this.
I notice a difference in wind noise from the top as the temperature changes. The colder it is the more noise I get.

My HVAC on high is always load.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2023 2Door has increased whistling above the windshield in cold weather. Defiantly related to internal pressure or the HVAC as the bong rip bird whistle sound increases when the heat is on above 40 MPH.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My hardtop had been making some creaking noise in the cold. That noise and other stuff that bother some people doesn't bother me much though. I bought the Bronco because it's basically a new version of my 70's Land Rover and it's got the essentials.

Zero Options

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When it got cold I had creaking coming from the rear of my 2 door that was driving me nuts. Somewhere on here it was recommended to lubricate the rubber seals around the tailgate and rear window. I tried it and the creaking completely went away. Maybe something to consider. I used Nextzett Gummi Pflege Stift (German I think?) rubber care stick that I got on Amazon.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been single digits and below zero here in MN. I get the bird chirping sound as well. Noticed it starts roughly when temps get to about 10F. Gets worse as it gets colder. It’s right above the visor. Drives me nuts!!!

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree that the heat whistle issue sounds like the blend door, because it only occurs when air is directed to the lower vents / leg area.

Also, anytime it is set to lower only (even manually) it also seems to shoot air out the defrost vents.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
No problem in Arizona. Coldest I've had is 16.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, it’s cold in the winter here too.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, been having this issue in cold weather since I got it. Annoying AF and there doesn't seem to be a fix yet. The whistle on mine sounds like it's coming from the passenger window. I figured it was due to the cheap, flimsy windows.

williamshafer

Black Diamond
First Name
William Shafer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Getting wind noise and a little creaking from my hardtop. Don't notice anything from HVAC system though. Had two Wranglers and similar experience at these temps (near or below zero). These tops are removable and if you have moved them, then this isn't uncommon. I'm not surprised by it and it's not an issue for me. Off-road suv with removable top-this is par for the course.
Sponsored