First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No noises in my soft top. This is my third winter with it and aside from an odd creak here and there in the back when it is well below zero I haven't heard anything. HVAC is fine without any odd noises. Windows still don't like to the auto up/down when opening the doors though.
Sponsored

SteveF

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - two door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2-door hardtop joined the whistling top club with this cold snap. Let's see what happens when the temps rise into the teens later this week.

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let it get below 10 degrees and you jump on my back , I'll show ya more than a little creeking and cracking.............

Sponsored

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend, 22 Volvo xc60
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FORD REP ON HERE NEEDED>
I too have the chirping sound below 25 degrees F. It sounds as if it is coming from the top of driver side windshield. This is definitely a pressurization problem. When the window opens it stops. I've not tried changing recirculation. Not sure if I'm in recirc or not. Everything is auto. I will check today. It was dark and Icey last night. In my older grand Cherokee when I put it in recirc i would get whistling. So just need to make sure i can turn recirc off. This is a hard top BB, Non Sas. 2.3. Hope this problem gets figured out. I'm not putting insulation or extra seals to stop this. In todays world this should not happen. Hope there is a Ford rep out here that can Help.

Archedamian

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands, Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 door hardtop is also whistling. On a 2 hour trip this weekend with the temps at -9 F, I noticed that it only whistled when I had a crosswind. As soon as I was driving into or with the wind, the whistling stopped. And the whistling occurred at speeds over 45 mph.

NorthTexasBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outerbanks 4 Door, 2023 Wildtrack 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last edited:

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe an update?
Found that the cowl is loose at the clips and maybe causing a chirping with the wind. Taped it down and there was no chirping. Update to follow. It was 30 degrees F at testing. Update to follow..

20240118_162816.jpg

20240118_162703.jpg

20240118_162728.jpg

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FORD REP ON HERE NEEDED>
I too have the chirping sound below 25 degrees F. It sounds as if it is coming from the top of driver side windshield. This is definitely a pressurization problem. When the window opens it stops. I've not tried changing recirculation. Not sure if I'm in recirc or not. Everything is auto. I will check today. It was dark and Icey last night. In my older grand Cherokee when I put it in recirc i would get whistling. So just need to make sure i can turn recirc off. This is a hard top BB, Non Sas. 2.3. Hope this problem gets figured out. I'm not putting insulation or extra seals to stop this. In todays world this should not happen. Hope there is a Ford rep out here that can Help.
Recirc door isn't closing all the way. In ye olde days you just adjusted the cable or slapped the lever harder. Now? Not so much.

Sponsored

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Recirc door isn't closing all the way. In ye olde days you just adjusted the cable or slapped the lever harder. Now? Not so much.
Recirc was open. Or At least the light wasn't on on the recirc button(switch).

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Recirc was open. Or At least the light wasn't on on the recirc button(switch).
Recirc doors seal both ways. One direction to keep indoor air inside. The other direction is to let outside air in. In older vehicles you could partially open for close the door. Newer vehicles are binary. Fully open and sealed or fully closed and sealed. In either direction they may not seal properly. It's unusual but it happens. An easy check is to just open you glove box and drop it down like you were going to change the cabin air filter. Any noise involving the recirc door or fan, etc should be more noticeable. Don't have our Bronco yet but this design is common in many cars and has been for years. Recirc off is when the leak would be more obvious. Which is the condition you stated you were in.
That said it looks like you may have found your issue and fixed it. Grats(y)

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you getting a lot of creaking from your hardtops, prior to the onset of winter, I lubricated all of my rubber weather stripping on my Bronco with a Silicone spray. When I say all, I mean ever piece of rubber weather stripping on your hard top, around your doors (including rear door) and the ones supporting your hood in the engine compartment.

Silicone will keep ice from bonding to the rubber. That will keep your rubber throughout your hard top pliable, and eliminate all of the creaking you are presently hearing.

It will also make your doors open smoother and it will also help prevent tears in the weather stripping which prevents water, snow, and cold air from entering the cabin. By applying a silicone lubricant, you will keep the weather stripping flexible and in good condition, ensuring a tight seal and preventing any unwanted drafts or moisture from entering the vehicle.

Unless you have a heated garage, you will unfortunately have to wait to spring to be able to do this, but regardless, ensure you reapply come fall. You will be amazed at how quiet your hard top will be.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those of you getting a lot of creaking from your hardtops, prior to the onset of winter, I lubricated all of my rubber weather stripping on my Bronco with a Silicone spray. When I say all, I mean ever piece of rubber weather stripping on your hard top, around your doors (including rear door) and the ones supporting your hood in the engine compartment.

Silicone will keep ice from bonding to the rubber. That will keep your rubber throughout your hard top pliable, and eliminate all of the creaking you are presently hearing.

It will also make your doors open smoother and it will also help prevent tears in the weather stripping which prevents water, snow, and cold air from entering the cabin. By applying a silicone lubricant, you will keep the weather stripping flexible and in good condition, ensuring a tight seal and preventing any unwanted drafts or moisture from entering the vehicle.

Unless you have a heated garage, you will unfortunately have to wait to spring to be able to do this, but regardless, ensure you reapply come fall. You will be amazed at how quiet your hard top will be.
Interesting. Do you have a specific product you’d recommend? I just reinstalled my hard top today and used my 303 rubber seal conditioner and was wondering if there is a better solution? thank you!

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Interesting. Do you have a specific product you’d recommend? I just reinstalled my hard top today and used my 303 rubber seal conditioner and was wondering if there is a better solution? thank you!
303 Aerospace Protectant is probably excellent for the gaskets. That’s great stuff. Probably apply it to a rag so you don’t get overspray all over wherever you don’t want it.

another person suggested this and said this solved all sounds on his MIC

nextzett 91480615 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick - 3.4 fl. oz https://a.co/d/fH5zU9x
Sponsored