First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Black Diamond order was in quite some time ago, and it is always the rig I had envisioned for my purpose. Was with my buddy yesterday as we were looking at wheels and tires for her JL sport. I started thinking one of the most fun vehicle changes, is the wheels.

Now I am thinking again, I don't care about the mid package, damn Bronco is impractical enough for me (should buy a Ranger Tremor), so maybe I need to save $10K and get the base, but some better wheels and tires on it and see if I actually can live with it.

I think the best thing that could happen is my dealer telling me they wont change my order, then I wouldnt have to worry about it!
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My guess is stick with BD because you said "Get the base and see if I (you) can live with it.

Obviously something in the BD is calling your name and I doubt it's the black steelies.

I had same meltdown yesterday with my BB Squatch build. Thought about changing to a Badlands soft top 2.3l to eliminate some of my deadly six I had. But I can't do the 2.3l and really don't want soft top. So I'm sticking with my BB Squatch build. Spending this much, I need to be happy with my purchase.

OP
OP

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My guess is stick with BD because you said "Get the base and see if I (you) can live with it.

Obviously something in the BD is calling your name and I doubt it's the black steelies.

I had same meltdown yesterday with my BB Squatch build. Thought about changing to a Badlands soft top 2.3l to eliminate some of my deadly six I had. But I can't do the 2.3l and really don't want soft top. So I'm sticking with my BB Squatch build. Spending this much, I need to be happy with my purchase.

Though I would get new wheels on the base, I do kind of at least for a while, like the steelies on the BD. No muss no fuss kind of thing. What called me to the BD, is the idea of more rugged terrain, but the fact is, I will use it just like my JKU, some Forest service roads and the like, and shuttling me back and forth to tennis.

Meltdown describes my yesterday with the Bronco too. My buddy told me buy the truck, you will be annoyed at the lack of space in the 2dr. So I have been all over the board again.

Only thing I am sure about is the BD looks cool to me, and the Base would likely make me just has happy for $10K less. gads, I thought I had gotten by this.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Though I would get new wheels on the base, I do kind of at least for a while, like the steelies on the BD. No muss no fuss kind of thing. What called me to the BD, is the idea of more rugged terrain, but the fact is, I will use it just like my JKU, some Forest service roads and the like, and shuttling me back and forth to tennis.

Meltdown describes my yesterday with the Bronco too. My buddy told me buy the truck, you will be annoyed at the lack of space in the 2dr. So I have been all over the board again.

Only thing I am sure about is the BD looks cool to me, and the Base would likely make me just has happy for $10K less. gads, I thought I had gotten by this.
Whether you need it or not is irrelevant. At the end of the day, it's your money (and quite a bit of that), so I say make sure you are happy with it.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want a manual Bronco, at least for a little while, as my daughter learns to drive. So that rules out Mid and Squatch. (Same as you , not waiting another 6+ months for ManSquatch)
Later on, I'm not that stuck on manuals.
The point being, with the No Mid with a Manual, I saw zero reason to jump up trim levels, especially with the $5k Big Bend tax for virtually NOTHING in return ... a leather steering wheel...ooo wow, .....not. I really like the MGV also, but again, that's A LOT of $$$ to get there from a Base. I REALLY like the value in the Base Bronco.

I ordered a Base, checked A LOT of the options and ended up at 32/33k msrp.
....and that price just dropped by the cost of the now free headliner!!!
Bumpers, skids, rails, brush guard, floor & cargo liners, aux switches, bikini top ...

Only things I would have liked, rear locker, tow, heated seats ( or cold climate package).

The economics of Squatch or Mid just didn't make sense and the $5k BB tax made everything seem super inflated.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
At this point now that we are past the 19th how would switching to Base make your delivery faster? Anything ordered past the 19th I thought would be a guaranteed 2022?

Me personally I went with the Base + Sasquatch. IMO it's the best set up for the money for Off-roading and also looking bad ass. I didn't need any interior creature comforts.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

with the $5k Big Bend tax for virtually NOTHING in return ... a leather steering wheel...ooo wow,
Uh Hellooooo... I like to think of that $5k Big Bend tax as Ford sticking it to me to get Race Red!!! Otherwise I probably would've gone Base Sqatch 😁

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B3395316-DA20-4FA8-9AA8-228472569CF2.png

@618TRVLWILD posted these in another thread. BD showing very well. You got MGV full plates, bumpers and a set of decent steelies to get started with. Keep the order!

Now- If only ford would pay to have those big ass lead weights painted black! And what is that 2 and a 1/2 ounces?😧)

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh Kevin, if you're like me when the words "if", and "most likely" are used I get a bit nervous. The only way to know in a situation like this is when it's all over. And, when it's over it may be too late. Think about this, do you think you might be saying "I wish" when you're driving that base Bronco down the road. If it's yes, then you have your answer. Those 2 little words "I wish" have cost me more money than necessary just because I didn't go with my first decision. Good luck, I hope you make the right one.

I.E. I was all set to order my OBX without the LUX package as I told myself that I could live without it on the Bronco (I have almost all those option on my Jeep). Thankfully I had this moment of indecision well before I had to order. I finally came to the realization that I surely would second guess myself every time I drove my Bronco. And, I can't have that. I want to be completely happy when I drive that thing off the lot. :)

Last edited:

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Old thread, but I'm feeling this today. At the beginning, when I thought I could use X-Plan, I was a BadLands buyer. X-Plan gets shot down and I moved to Black Diamond Sasquatch. Economy gets sketchy because of Covid, so I drop down again to Base Sasquatch. I get informed I'm not close enough to Day 1,2 so I'm getting a MY22. I think to myself "Great!! Man-Squach for me!!" Now, I see all the easy options for lifting the Bronco that I am considering just a plain Jane Base with a 2.3/Manual. I've saved over $23,000 this year alone thanks to Ford!!

OP
OP

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Old thread, but I'm feeling this today. At the beginning, when I thought I could use X-Plan, I was a BadLands buyer. X-Plan gets shot down and I moved to Black Diamond Sasquatch. Economy gets sketchy because of Covid, so I drop down again to Base Sasquatch. I get informed I'm not close enough to Day 1,2 so I'm getting a MY22. I think to myself "Great!! Man-Squach for me!!" Now, I see all the easy options for lifting the Bronco that I am considering just a plain Jane Base with a 2.3/Manual. I've saved over $23,000 this year alone thanks to Ford!!
The wait is paying off for you! I am hoping to hear this week about my build date, but if not, I think I no longer have the fortitude to change to Base. That and the fact my dealer would literally beat me to death, and I can't blame her!

I think your choice is outstanding!
Sponsored