First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think both look great! Best of luck with your new Raptor. Enjoy it to the fullest.

OP
OP

AlexInSD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LR3, '21 BadSquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is awesome !!! Congratulations and thanks for the information and pictures. Feel free to send more and let us know how it rides. I Haven’t been able to drive the Raptor. So I’m curious can you tell a huge difference in performance?
yes on the performance - but I am superstitious about breaking new motors in so not flogging it yet.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has done a fantastic job of creating a history and lore around this brand that never existed 3 years ago. Bronco was an obscure, primitive, and inconsistent car that was never very popular, capable, or well constructed. Now we're all acting like we've had some longstanding obsession with it as it its "roots" matter somehow. Everyone is a sucker for good marketing.
That is a mind boggling hot take.

Maybe you haven't been aware of any history or lore that existed before 3 years ago but if you had grown up in SoCal and hung out in the desert and baja you would have been aware. I could easily argue that Parnelli Jones and Bill Stroppe dramatically transformed all of off road racing with their wins in Big Oly.

I still actively use my Gen 2 Bronco. It has proven extremely reliable and consistent. A Bronco version that was so popular that they produced ~180,000 of them over the two year run. The V8, Dana 44 front axle, C6 tranny and off road measurables all in a full size body with luxury for the era made it a highly capable vehicle to wheel.

Bronco life sure didn't begin when you became aware of the Bronco in 2020 and starting reading marketing material. I, for one, have had a very longstanding obsession with the Bronco.

SmokeSaves

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC, Chevy, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At first glance I thought this was the new "Heritage Edition" Bronco, but quickly realized it didn't have the white stripe and white wheels!

MrParticular

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7 Bronco, 1989 5.0 25th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Both Area 51!!! You should have considered an Area 52 for the 2nd one... my ¢.02

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe you haven't been aware of any history or lore that existed before 3 years ago but if you had grown up in SoCal and hung out in the desert and baja you would have been aware. I could easily argue that Parnelli Jones and Bill Stroppe dramatically transformed all of off road racing with their wins in Big Oly.

I still actively use my Gen 2 Bronco. It has proven extremely reliable and consistent. A Bronco version that was so popular that they produced ~180,000 of them over the two year run. The V8, Dana 44 front axle, C6 tranny and off road measurables all in a full size body with luxury for the era made it a highly capable vehicle to wheel.

Bronco life sure didn't begin when you became aware of the Bronco in 2020 and starting reading marketing material. I, for one, have had a very longstanding obsession with the Bronco.
Ha I’m older than you think and not my first Bronco.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Initially, I liked the look of the 2 doors, but my opinion has changed and I think the 4-door is more attractive and proportionate. If I was to get a 2-door, I would not want the Sas package (for appearance reasons - 2-door Sas looks a little silly to me - but it doesn't matter what I think). I somewhat reject the notion that any of us have any say or credibility to call out what a real bronco is - times change and it's whatever Ford says it is, and our opinions are nothing more than opinions. Ford has done a fantastic job of creating a history and lore around this brand that never existed 3 years ago. Bronco was an obscure, primitive, and inconsistent car that was never very popular, capable, or well constructed. Now we're all acting like we've had some longstanding obsession with it as it its "roots" matter somehow. Everyone is a sucker for good marketing.
I am dating myself but the Bronco was well received at its inception in 1966, and sold thousands of vehicles to satisfied customers in various configurations. Then with some of the most famous names in racing, established multiple first place wins in a variety of world famous off road races such as the Baja 1000. Contrary to your assertion about quality, my 1989 was an outstanding example of a great vehicle. The Bronco, regardless of year and era, occupied a unique, cherished niche in American motoring. Thousands of prospective buyers waited for years for the return of the Bronco and the ordering process which eventually arrived in 2020 exhausted Ford's production capacity, and 2023 is not far behind. I am not sure where you got your perception of the legacy of the Bronco and its place in the hearts of America, but you have much to learn about it to say the least.

Sponsored

bronco_boy

Big Bend
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
yes on the performance - but I am superstitious about breaking new motors in so not flogging it yet.
Some feel better not to drive hard for 500km, some the opposite. From what I've come to learn, once my bronco arrives, I'll be driving that truck through ALL the paces right away! Gotta seat those rings......

Roostracing

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1964 F100, 1997 F250 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I drive a F150 Raptor and have a Warthog on order. So it is much easier to say I have in my garage a Raptor and Warthog as oppose to F150 Raptor and Bronco Raptor.
I thought it was going to be called warthog but got canned last minute by Ford. In theory there isn't a warthog. I do like the name better but its a Braptor for me.

UtahGreg

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ram 1500 ecodiesel and ‘18 VW Atlas SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your A51 Raptor looks great. And don't worry about the redundant color theme. My wife and I have matching Rapid Red vehicles and we love it:

Ford Bronco Took delivery of my Area 51 Bronco Raptor - 80/20 on looks but 100% on performance 010CB441-0600-4ECD-B5DB-CCA6CB15C565

Ford Bronco Took delivery of my Area 51 Bronco Raptor - 80/20 on looks but 100% on performance 010CB441-0600-4ECD-B5DB-CCA6CB15C565
what rock rails?steps do you have on your rig?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford wants to make "Raptor" a brand. Once, the Ranger Raptor is released in the U.S., there will be 3 Raptors.

Look at BMW, they made the "M" a brand. If you go to their BMW's website, M cars is a trim onto itself.

I thought it was going to be called warthog but got canned last minute by Ford. In theory there isn't a warthog. I do like the name better but its a Braptor for me.

Last edited:

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First of all this is not my first Bronco - you you can step down off your little soap box. "Growing up in SoCal hanging out in the desert in the late 70s..." that's your proof point that the Bronco was a global automotive icon??? Thanks for playing but you proved my point perfectly. It was an obscure car, with low production. They made over 600,000 Mustangs in 1965, and even more in 1966. And calling the current Bronco Gen "6" is a major stretch. This doesn't have near the history of Jeep, Mustang, Porsche 911, Corvette, or even Camaro. Your Gen 2 Bronco was barely different than the Chevy Blazer, which outsold the Bronco 5:1. I love my new Bronco and I loved my 1988 Bronco. But from 40,000 feet, there just isn't that much history to the Bronco. Good marketing though. Have a good day.
Sponsored