Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d love a non-removable fixed roof option. Hopefully cheaper. Almost certainly quieter. Likely better for roof rack options.
Same I don't see the benefits of having it ve removable. More stuff to loosen over time or break. I don't have much experience in jeeps on sunny days tho to sway my opinion maybe someone else can explain why it's worth it?

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same I don't see the benefits of having it ve removable. More stuff to loosen over time or break. I don't have much experience in jeeps on sunny days tho to sway my opinion maybe someone else can explain why it's worth it?
Like a motorcycle the open top, doors off etc. adds to the visceral sensation of the driving experience. Wind in your hair, roar of the engine, and all that.

I get it. I still don't want it on a vehicle this large or for daily use.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't live somewhere with shitty weather (i.e. the southwest) people leave their tops off the majority of the year. Hell, I have Jeep buddies who ditched their tops entirely. By the way, I have never really had any rattle or leakage issues with Jeep or Bronco tops in the past.

No top and doors greatly improves visibility on the trail, in addition to decreasing weight and reducing the area vulnerable to damage. On the street, it is truly a unique experience and probably about as close as you can get to the Motorcycle experience on four wheels.
That’s what I’m looking forward too! West Coast is the best coast!

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, having 50-100°F temperature swings in a day or randomly going from sunny and warm to blizzard and back again kind of puts a damper on the desire for casual toplessness for large portions of the year.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love going topless, never owned a coupe before because of the feeling convertible's offer

Turbo noises just make everything better :)

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do these recent photos really show us anything other than a verification that the roof comes off? In the context of the 'quick' removable ROPS patents, is it likely that the entire ROPS in this prototype is just some fabricobbled placeholder? What we can see in this pic does look a lot like what we see in this patent, at least the top part we can see lines up.

Ford Bronco Topless ROPS BroncoRoofPatentfig1

Ford Bronco Topless 2021_FordBronco.ext21

Ford Bronco Topless ROPS BroncoRoofPatentfig7

Ford Bronco Topless 2021_FordBronco.ext16

Ford Bronco Topless 2021_FordBronco.ext23

Ford Bronco Topless 2021_FordBronco.ext24

There appear to be some round tube ROPS below the camouflage pillowtop framework, and I certainly like the appearance of round tubing over what Jeep has done recently -- but if everything here is just filler then these handpicked Ford "spy" shots don't really tell us much. In pic '23' we can see the rear passenger gets a grab/entry handle in the B-pillar but I can't quite make out what its attached to.

Sadly the front seating positions don't get a handle, but you can see quite a lot of the standard bulky plastic nonsense on the A-pillar unfortunately, which has a large vertical slot in it up to the mirror height (is that the window/side vent?).

The forward dome light is part of a rather large panel considering this one doesn't appear to contain any switching. I suppose this could be a lower trim without cool bits that just happens to be the same size and shape as one with an off road or upfitter package of some kind that could use that space.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I personally would prefer a solid, non removable top. I want it simple. Less moving parts. Less possible leak points. I'll choose whatever option is closest to that

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally would prefer a solid, non removable top. I want it simple. Less moving parts. Less possible leak points. I'll choose whatever option is closest to that
Hardtop then

Doubt they'd make a fixed option, probably have to diy

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am shocked a lot people would prefer a fixed roof, personally the idea of having no doors and no roof, gives me beach buggy vibes and that's amazing to me, when I saw that the spy photos basically confirming that it's going to have a true removable top, well like the great Jeremy Clarkson I am nursing a semi

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am shocked a lot people would prefer a fixed roof, personally the idea of having no doors and no roof, gives me beach buggy vibes and that's amazing to me ...
I used to own an old school buggy, '68 VW bug shortened with a topless fiberglass body, it was a lot of fun at lowish speed when I could use it and surprisingly capable off road for a 2-wheel drive, but I rarely drove it because the opportunity just wasn't there often enough.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to own an old school buggy, '68 VW bug shortened with a topless fiberglass body, it was a lot of fun at lowish speed when I could use it and surprisingly capable off road for a 2-wheel drive, but I rarely drove it because the opportunity just wasn't there often enough.
A lot of it depends on the climate. Where its generally nice weather, its a fun option. In michigan, only using it 3-4 months out of the year, its less of an appeal. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely take it off from time to time. But I would suspect it would be on 90+% of the time .

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A lot of it depends on the climate. Where its generally nice weather, its a fun option. In michigan, only using it 3-4 months out of the year, its less of an appeal. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely take it off from time to time. But I would suspect it would be on 90+% of the time .
Oh definitely, I live in southern Utah where it's either blazing hot or frozen waste land with very little in between so from spring to early fall I would he able to just have it topless all the time, an aspect I rather find intriguing

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm all in on removable top and doors being in the south. Every year when spring rolls around, I miss my old TJ and the feeling of freedom driving that thing around town with no top or doors.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am shocked a lot people would prefer a fixed roof, personally the idea of having no doors and no roof, gives me beach buggy vibes and that's amazing to me, when I saw that the spy photos basically confirming that it's going to have a true removable top, well like the great Jeremy Clarkson I am nursing a semi
It just doesn't seem right without being topless
Ford Bronco Topless e9174022904c54430b1ac22274eac32e
Ford Bronco Topless u9ejy3yh
Sponsored