Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a Ford guy, but have had a 2013 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited for 7 1/2 years. It's not my daily driver anymore, but I have lots of friends that use their Jeeps as daily drivers. I live in Nebraska and when I was using my Jeep as a daily driver I used the soft top all summer. It really is a quick up / down process and really easy to do by yourself. I could even go through the car wash without leaks. Not once was there an issue.

The Hardtop is great for winter. You can really tell how much more structurally rigid it makes the Jeep. Now that it's a weekend / nice weather vehicle, I take the doors and top off in the spring and leave them off until the winter. I have an aftermarket temporary soft top that I store in the back just in case weather changes unexpectedly. (which wouldn't help when being door-less, but...)

If FCA can make a soft top that doesn't leak and a hardtop that doesn't rattle, I'm sure Ford can do better. In my opinion, Ford is going after what 97% of Jeep Wrangler owners use their Jeeps for, not rock crawling, but slight off roading on easy - moderate trails. Also nothing an IFS wouldn't handle.

Again, just my opinion and based on my experiences over the last 7 1/2 years, but I think that Ford is hitting the nail on the head. The new Bronco will more than likely have much better on road manners than a Wrangler and do what the vast majority of Wrangler owners do off-road. Being able to take the top and doors off, just makes this a more attractive alternative to your regular SUV.
Bingo!

I'm the 97%, and really only done trails twice tbh. Never really drove an SFA, but I know with my Ram, tossing it around since I've done my RSB/End Links, so I assume with good mods, I can make it handle.

Ford doesn't fuck around, they're #1 for a reason (And also a reason Government Motors is dropping like a rock while FCA is getting better), and so yeah, taken a while to get here, but you can't rush quality
Sponsored

Hautian

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bingo!

I'm the 97%, and really only done trails twice tbh. Never really drove an SFA, but I know with my Ram, tossing it around since I've done my RSB/End Links, so I assume with good mods, I can make it handle.

Ford doesn't fuck around, they're #1 for a reason (And also a reason Government Motors is dropping like a rock while FCA is getting better), and so yeah, taken a while to get here, but you can't rush quality
Are you taking truck sales in reference to calling Ford #1?

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you taking truck sales in reference to calling Ford #1?
So many people conflate volume with quality.

I don't think WalMart is the best shop in town because of the volume they sell. I don't think McDonalds has the best sandwiches because they moved a large volume of burgers. Similarly I don't consider a model of vehicle best because they sold the most units either.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think WalMart is the best shop in town because of the volume they sell. I don't think McDonalds has the best sandwiches because they moved a large volume of burgers. Similarly I don't consider a model of vehicle best because they sold the most units either.
True true, except in the case of Ford, I'd get a Raptor instead of my Rebel if I could have afforded it, just as if I were looking for another Muscle car, I'd get a Mustang over a Camaro and only over a Challenger as I could get it in a Convertible

Hautian

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I agree with you. I was just curious what he meant by Ford being #1.

I hope that Fords quality on the Bronco is good. The only thing that worries me is that the transfer cases on our F150s at work look like they are corroding from the salt they put on the roads. Spraying them with fluid film does seem to stop it.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with you. I was just curious what he meant by Ford being #1.

I hope that Fords quality on the Bronco is good. The only thing that worries me is that the transfer cases on our F150s at work look like they are corroding from the salt they put on the roads. Spraying them with fluid film does seem to stop it.
Oh snap, crackle and pop, really??

Hautian

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh snap, crackle and pop, really??
I don’t want to blow it out of proportion we haven’t had any issues with it as far as function. Just a build up of white around the bolts that looks like corrosion. It’s hard to tell if the case actually lost any metal. But it is happening on 3 or 4 f150s we have.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t want to blow it out of proportion we haven’t had any issues with it as far as function. Just a build up of white around the bolts that looks like corrosion. It’s hard to tell if the case actually lost any metal. But it is happening on 3 or 4 f150s we have.
Now I'm going to check my Truck, just to be safe

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hence why I get a cheaper (compared to many $50K+ trucks these days) AWD car for winter.

My 15 year old diesel is mint, body and framewise, and only has 52K miles due to not DDing it
(and it's pre DEF). Not sure I would ever outlay what the new one's cost.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
Imagine if Ford does this:

+110%

If Ford can pull this off, they will get a ton of Mustang convertible owners. I know personally if they did this, I would trade in my Mustang immediately. Sick and tired of getting plowed in and not being able to drive over it from lack of ground clearance and AWD/4WD

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bingo!

Exactly thank you, saddly I wish they never told is it was coming so early, only as people are impatient, it's gonna be amazing

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly thank you, saddly I wish they never told is it was coming so early, only as people are impatient, it's gonna be amazing
I swing back and forth between do I want more debt (aka car payments) or a cheap little tuner.

I just need a bit more info to solidify my choice, and at this rate, we'll get it
Sponsored