Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It just doesn't seem right without being topless
e9174022904c54430b1ac22274eac32e.jpg
u9ejy3yh.jpg
Exactly my dream bronco is an old roadster like shown, and my goal with the new generation is to make a modern day version of it, a base model with no doors and no roof
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my wife has her way, the top will be off from mid May to late September. Not sure I would mind at all.
Her's or the Bronco's?

Exactly my dream bronco is an old roadster like shown, and my goal with the new generation is to make a modern day version of it, a base model with no doors and no roof
Actually been thinking of that myself, except I'd just store the parts in my garage

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It just doesn't seem right without being topless
e9174022904c54430b1ac22274eac32e.jpg
u9ejy3yh.jpg
Nice. Yep there are already SUVs having fixed tops. I'm not interested in another SUV having some Bronco styling cues. Hoping Ford comes through with something more substantial to compete in the open top rugged utility 4x4 category, currently only inhabited by Wrangler. That open top photo oozes fun, in more ways than one. :)

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If my wife has her way, the top will be off from mid May to late September. Not sure I would mind at all.
Due to the unseasonable warm weather we had here in Chicago over Christmas, my son insisted on taking the top off our '98 Wrangler for a holiday "sleigh ride".
Ford Bronco Topless JeepSledRide

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice. Yep there are already SUVs having fixed tops. I'm not interested in another SUV having some Bronco styling cues. Hoping Ford comes through with something more substantial to compete in the open top rugged utility 4x4 category, currently only inhabited by Wrangler. That open top photo oozes fun, in more ways than one. :)
Some people might say the Nissan Moronic (Murano) and the Land Rover Evoque Convertible as topless SUV's, but there's the thing, they're SUV's that flopped, not offroaders.

Remember, Toyota brought back the FJ, but went for the Xterra and thus had a fixed top with no bodystyle configurations; no removable top, no 4dr, no proper 2dr

Range Rover's "brought back" the Defender, but again, only 2dr or 4dr with a fixed top, and also, no manual at all.

Hell, it's been a mild winter, so many days I wish I could of gone topless, and opening the sunroof and windows just ain't the same thing.

At this rate, we know the Bronco can go topless, I just wanna see the powertrain options now before I make a move. They could offer it solely barebones options wise for all I care, just wanna drive topless while shifting gears and embarrassing everyone with a FBO 2.7

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Due to the unseasonable warm weather we had here in Chicago over Christmas, my son insisted on taking the top off our '98 Wrangler for a holiday "sleigh ride".
Ford Bronco Topless JeepSledRide
Reminds me of a Christmas 4 years ago

Only time it's acceptable to post a selfie is when it's relevant to the point, right?

Wasn't the only one either
Ford Bronco Topless 20151225_003610
Ford Bronco Topless 20151225_003344

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reminds me of a Christmas 4 years ago

Only time it's acceptable to post a selfie is when it's relevant to the point, right?

Wasn't the only one either
I had the top down on the T-bird Friday.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to roll my windows down the other day. Actually had to open my windows at -36C cause my van gets too hot haha

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do these recent photos really show us anything other than a verification that the roof comes off? In the context of the 'quick' removable ROPS patents, is it likely that the entire ROPS in this prototype is just some fabricobbled placeholder? What we can see in this pic does look a lot like what we see in this patent, at least the top part we can see lines up.

There appear to be some round tube ROPS below the camouflage pillowtop framework, and I certainly like the appearance of round tubing over what Jeep has done recently -- but if everything here is just filler then these handpicked Ford "spy" shots don't really tell us much. In pic '23' we can see the rear passenger gets a grab/entry handle in the B-pillar but I can't quite make out what its attached to.

Sadly the front seating positions don't get a handle, but you can see quite a lot of the standard bulky plastic nonsense on the A-pillar unfortunately, which has a large vertical slot in it up to the mirror height (is that the window/side vent?).

The forward dome light is part of a rather large panel considering this one doesn't appear to contain any switching. I suppose this could be a lower trim without cool bits that just happens to be the same size and shape as one with an off road or upfitter package of some kind that could use that space.
The slot you're seeing on the A-pillar likely is the window defrost vents.

Ford's latest sets are pretty flat, though. The back part could be a sunglasses holder.

Ford Bronco Topless 1580157026576

Deleted member 2346

Not sure anyone else posted this BUT the Wrangler also offers a "fixed" roof option. Its a power roof. The rear side windows pop out and the the very top is a power sliding canvas top. It's a $3k option.

Is it a "fixed" roof, I dunno. But technically jeep said it cannot be removed. Could this be the "fixed roof" option on the Bronco as well?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure anyone else posted this BUT the Wrangler also offers a "fixed" roof option. Its a power roof. The rear side windows pop out and the the very top is a power sliding canvas top. It's a $3k option.

Is it a "fixed" roof, I dunno. But technically jeep said it cannot be removed. Could this be the "fixed roof" option on the Bronco as well?
Heard they did something similar one one of the Jeeplettes (Patriot, Compass, some shit) and then they don't have parts for it or something

Makes you wonder, why bother?

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking a fixed hard roof back to the corner posts, removable side and possibly rear panels would be nice. Here in the mountains, we'd rarely remove the roof. You'd either be cooked, covered in dust or frozen. Dust is a huge problem out here to the point where people fit engine snorkels just to reduce dust intake. I even gasketed my pickup's tailgate to help mitigate dust.

Plus I need room for the rack mount points, fly rod vault, and overland awning....

The removable panels might be unwieldy unless you engineered some sort of composite panel frame/eisenglass window setup.

Oh and a sunroof is useless for us.

Last edited:

EJHF150

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST / 20 Aviator / 20 Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a Ford guy, but have had a 2013 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited for 7 1/2 years. It's not my daily driver anymore, but I have lots of friends that use their Jeeps as daily drivers. I live in Nebraska and when I was using my Jeep as a daily driver I used the soft top all summer. It really is a quick up / down process and really easy to do by yourself. I could even go through the car wash without leaks. Not once was there an issue.

The Hardtop is great for winter. You can really tell how much more structurally rigid it makes the Jeep. Now that it's a weekend / nice weather vehicle, I take the doors and top off in the spring and leave them off until the winter. I have an aftermarket temporary soft top that I store in the back just in case weather changes unexpectedly. (which wouldn't help when being door-less, but...)

If FCA can make a soft top that doesn't leak and a hardtop that doesn't rattle, I'm sure Ford can do better. In my opinion, Ford is going after what 97% of Jeep Wrangler owners use their Jeeps for, not rock crawling, but slight off roading on easy - moderate trails. Also nothing an IFS wouldn't handle.

Again, just my opinion and based on my experiences over the last 7 1/2 years, but I think that Ford is hitting the nail on the head. The new Bronco will more than likely have much better on road manners than a Wrangler and do what the vast majority of Wrangler owners do off-road. Being able to take the top and doors off, just makes this a more attractive alternative to your regular SUV.
Sponsored