Sponsored

Touchscreen Not Responding - Anybody Else Had This Issue?

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yesterday the touchscreen on my 2021 Wildtrak randomly stopped responding to any kind of touch. I thought that letting it sit overnight might help, but I woke up today and it's still not responding to touch. The screen turns on fine and you can see that it's working (reverse cam and front cam up, volume adjusts etc), but if I try to touch the screen nothing happens.

I've tried restarting the system by holding down the power button and fast forward button, screen restarts but still doesn't respond to touch. I've also disconnected anything that's plugged in, and also completely disabled CarPlay on my iPhone (recently updated to ios15.2 donā€™t think that should affect anything though) There is no damage to the screen at all, the car is still practically brand new. Also tried disconnecting the battery, still no luck. Highly doubt if it's the screen itself, I'm hoping it's just some type of software issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry to hear that. I have/had sporadic issues, but it seems to be tied to my Android Auto. Once I turn off the wifi connection, screen is back to normal.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yesterday the touchscreen on my 2021 Wildtrak randomly stopped responding to any kind of touch. I thought that letting it sit overnight might help, but I woke up today and it's still not responding to touch. The screen turns on fine and you can see that it's working (reverse cam and front cam up, volume adjusts etc), but if I try to touch the screen nothing happens.

I've tried restarting the system by holding down the power button and fast forward button, screen restarts but still doesn't respond to touch. I've also disconnected anything that's plugged in, and also completely disabled CarPlay on my iPhone (recently updated to ios15.2 donā€™t think that should affect anything though) There is no damage to the screen at all, the car is still practically brand new. Also tried disconnecting the battery, still no luck. Highly doubt if it's the screen itself, I'm hoping it's just some type of software issue.
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a similar issue but my screen is totally dead. Radio still works but the screen is blank with no camera or any display. My dealer has been working with Ford engineering for a few days now. Please post updates.

OP
OP
TheGrizzyBronco
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Thank you for looking into this, it would be so greatly appreciated. I've sent a message with my VIN and Dealer Info

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheGrizzyBronco
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a similar issue but my screen is totally dead. Radio still works but the screen is blank with no camera or any display. My dealer has been working with Ford engineering for a few days now. Please post updates.
Sorry to hear that! I'll make sure to post any updates in this thread

EPIC1O1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all,
I got in my 2021 OBX today and the touch screen was not functioning, completely dead, no radio, no rear camera view, nothing, nada. Spoke to the dealership, asked me to disconnect the battery for a minute then reconnect to see if it would reset. No dice! Want to see if anyone else has had this issue.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello all,
I got in my 2021 OBX today and the touch screen was not functioning, completely dead, no radio, no rear camera view, nothing, nada. Spoke to the dealership, asked me to disconnect the battery for a minute then reconnect to see if it would reset. No dice! Want to see if anyone else has had this issue.
Try this fix.

I would start with checking the battery terminals are on good and tight, all fuses are pushed in completely, and the fuse block bolts are tight. All of these are known issues that can cause electrical gremlins like your seeing.

The window glass thing, eh the Bronco just has horribly designed windows. Garbage. Yours looks out of alignment Though.

51169826-C83F-4E6E-929D-46B9F6CB0853.jpeg
9FD5CB63-96A0-4D88-A736-CA9C6C22610C.jpeg

Sponsored

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've similar issues....screen went black and wouldn't ever come back. Took it to the dealer (with less than 300 miles) and was told I need a new APIM. Dealer has no idea when they'll get the part. In the meantime, no radio, no cameras, etc. Really disappointing, especially since I can't get any help or answers. Ford replied to me twice via this site and still nothing.

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kim_Rn

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've similar issues....screen went black and wouldn't ever come back. Took it to the dealer (with less than 300 miles) and was told I need a new APIM. Dealer has no idea when they'll get the part. In the meantime, no radio, no cameras, etc. Really disappointing, especially since I can't get any help or answers. Ford replied to me twice via this site and still nothing.
Same thing happened to me this morning. No resets have fixed itā€¦ šŸ˜‘

J.C.

Big Bend
First Name
J.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Most likely another failed APIM. Mine failed 3 hours after I took delivery of it in November. Still no ETA on a replacement from Ford. The only update that I have seen is that the list of backorders continues to grow.

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finally got my black screen fixed. Service receipt mentions APIM and says they replaced FCDIM and LVDS cable. Hope this info helps.
Sponsored