Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Niv
Thanks, ill have to go carbon hood and trunk and a passenger seat delete ;) ..How strained do you think the bronco will be at 4k lbs highway driving? Doable? I didnt think about the whole insurance thing until others mentioned it here, makes sense though how your screwed if you exceed the 3500 limit :rolleyes:. I'm also in SD, I'm headed to Button Willow at the end of the month :cool:
Nice! Extremespeed? I wanted to go but got reffed and went back to stock, I'm goin to streets on Sept 19th though
Sponsored

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These 2 engines can tow 7500+ pounds in the ranger and F150, so I doubt engine problems are something to worry bout. Also, ur not gona show to ford dealership and be like, ya I just towed 500# over, please void my warranty. Obviously not a good idea to go over and I'm still hopefull they increase capacity
I imagine there's more room in the engine compartment of the F series to accommodate a bigger radiator, better placement of the intercooler, oil cooler and trans cooler. Plus, the Bronco doesn't have a rear sway bar. Regardless, there's more than likely more than one reason the engineers have deemed the towing capacity to be what it is. Whether it's for reliability or safely (which I lean towards the latter).
Lawyers and bean counters have to do their jobs to save us from ourselves quite possibly.
Or save us from suing Ford when something bad happens when we tow beyond a vehicle's safe limits.

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I imagine there's more room in the engine compartment of the F series to accommodate a bigger radiator, better placement of the intercooler, oil cooler and trans cooler. Plus, the Bronco doesn't have a rear sway bar. Regardless, there's more than likely more than one reason the engineers have deemed the towing capacity to be what it is. Whether it's for reliability or safely (which I lean towards the latter).
Lawyers and bean counters have to do their jobs to save us from ourselves quite possibly.
Or save us from suing Ford when something bad happens when we tow beyond a vehicle's safe limits.
You definitely have a point and I would love to know the reasons why 2 & 4 door have the same towing capacity
Sponsored