Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone with a Jeep used a motorcycle carrier? That will probably be pretty close.
Sponsored

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys, I am an owner of 2015 Bonneville SE. I recently picked up motorcycling in the past year and love it. I have been fortunate to be able to use the bed of my dads pick up truck when I needed to transport my bike any long distance.
For the Bronco, I really want to be able to tow the 500lb bike but here's where the problem is. I live in a building with an under garage so I cant have a trailer. I have looked into getting a motorcycle carrier to place on the tail of the Bronco, but needed more help on the subject.

1.) Can the bronco support a 500lb tounge weight?
2.) What class receiver would I need?
3.) Does the optional tow package help with any of this.?
I have a Harbor Freight hitch mount motorcycle carrier rack like the one you showed, and it works great for my WR250R dirt bike (around 300 lbs wet). It wobbles around quite a bit, though. I wouldn't go above 300 lbs.

For my new Bronco (with aftermarket Curt hitch) I bought a very unique tow hitch trailer from Mo-Tow. It tows the motorcycle backwards, so no strain on the drive train. It can handle a much bigger bike, since only half the weight is on the tongue.

Ford Bronco Towing a motorcycle? 1647108530308

https://motowus.com/product/fixed-tow/

I bought the fixed version, which exactly matches the trailer hitch height of my 2021 Bronco Black Diamond with 33" tires. I specified a custom distance of 12" from pin hole to outside of spare.

For Hitch Heights 16″ to 17″ – Travels 12″ – Weighs 35 lbs. Rear Wheel Tow Hitch Safe for Drive Shaft 600 lb. capacity – Pivots 150 degrees.

ProductQuantityPrice
MoTow Motorcycle Tow Hitch Fixed
  • Rear Tire Size (required):
    120/80-18
  • Modify receiver length if > 4-1/2” from pin hole to outside edge of bumper / spare ($27.00):
    Modify Receiver
  • Enter Distance for modified receiver (required):
    12" from pin hole to outside edge of spare (2021 Ford Bronco)
1$726.00
Subtotal:$726.00
Shipping:FREE GROUND SHIP US 48

waveform55

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eagerly following this thread -- I'm looking at a PCS from Tucson to Shreveport in a couple months and I'm going to be towing my 2020 Harley Iron 1200 with my squatched Black Diamond...

I was really curious about one of the above posts with the link to the Walmart product.

I'm thinking out loud:
- Bronco tow package is rated for Class II
- This (and similar products) are rated Class II/III
- My Harley is 591 pounds
- It's a manual transmission (so no need to mess with the transmission)

So TECHNICALLY...I shouldn't have any issues with a hitch like that, with the front wheel in the cradle, in Neutral...I'm well within the parameters of both weight of the motorcycle and the tow package class/weight limitations.

Right?

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've owned a closed trailer before and between keeping the registration and inspection up to date and using it maybe once or twice in 5 years, besides storing junk inside, found it a big inconvenience. I could possibly make room to store a trailer here at the house, but would probably be tripping over it all the time.

What I'm planning on doing for the occasional trip where we would want to take the bike to ride is to rent a Motorcycle trailer from U-Haul for $15 a day (plus odd fees). WAY cheaper than getting a $1700 trailer (plus annual registration, etc.) that I'd have to find room to store on my property someplace. I'll only need it at the most once or twice a year, so it's a huge savings. You just have to make sure that the rental place has a Motorcycle trailer when you need one. I have a large U-Haul place near me (and dozens within driving distance), so it's pretty assured that I'll be able to get one. The only exception would be during any Bike Week or Americade(Lake George), or Laconia when demand would be high. For the odd weekend away, though, this is a pretty good option.

Since I have a BIG Harley, trying to hoist it up on a rear carrier is not really an option. I've also seen a trailer hitch mounted gadget that you roll the front wheel into and then it raises up to drag the bike on the rear wheel (I know... extra miles on the rear tire). I think I'd rather put it up on a trailer. I can even pull a cover over it at night to keep it from getting trashed.

Nomadik

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a Harbor Freight hitch mount motorcycle carrier rack like the one you showed, and it works great for my WR250R dirt bike (around 300 lbs wet). It wobbles around quite a bit, though. I wouldn't go above 300 lbs.

For my new Bronco (with aftermarket Curt hitch) I bought a very unique tow hitch trailer from Mo-Tow. It tows the motorcycle backwards, so no strain on the drive train. It can handle a much bigger bike, since only half the weight is on the tongue.

I bought the fixed version, which exactly matches the trailer hitch height of my 2021 Bronco Black Diamond with 33" tires. I specified a custom distance of 12" from pin hole to outside of spare.

For Hitch Heights 16″ to 17″ – Travels 12″ – Weighs 35 lbs. Rear Wheel Tow Hitch Safe for Drive Shaft 600 lb. capacity – Pivots 150 degrees.

ProductQuantityPrice
MoTow Motorcycle Tow Hitch Fixed
  • Rear Tire Size (required):
    120/80-18
  • Modify receiver length if > 4-1/2” from pin hole to outside edge of bumper / spare ($27.00):
    Modify Receiver
  • Enter Distance for modified receiver (required):
    12" from pin hole to outside edge of spare (2021 Ford Bronco)
1$726.00
Subtotal:$726.00
Shipping:FREE GROUND SHIP US 48
Have you tried out this carrier yet? Did it work well? Did you think it would work with a sas package bronco?

Fingers crossed on positive answers as this would answer a lot of my needs

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys, I am an owner of 2015 Bonneville SE. I recently picked up motorcycling in the past year and love it. I have been fortunate to be able to use the bed of my dads pick up truck when I needed to transport my bike any long distance.
For the Bronco, I really want to be able to tow the 500lb bike but here's where the problem is. I live in a building with an under garage so I cant have a trailer. I have looked into getting a motorcycle carrier to place on the tail of the Bronco, but needed more help on the subject.

1.) Can the bronco support a 500lb tounge weight?
2.) What class receiver would I need?
3.) Does the optional tow package help with any of this.?

I got this and love it.
Ford Bronco Towing a motorcycle? F1FC4B84-FEEC-47B8-9815-B692147255CB
Ford Bronco Towing a motorcycle? 10FBB98A-3752-46A3-859D-B6E691FBB709

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you tried out this carrier yet? Did it work well? Did you think it would work with a sas package bronco?

Fingers crossed on positive answers as this would answer a lot of my needs
I got the fixed version for my BD with 1" level and 33" tires. I measured first and it is perfect. They have version with more adjustment (for an RV) that can handle more height. Sasquatch probably an inch or two over mine, but might still work with fixed. Adjustable can handle any height!

You also have to measure extension beyond spare tire but they customize.

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
U-Haul is probably the right answer for you. They rent a fantastic trailer that's super cheap for local/daily type use. Don't know the long-term or long-distance rates, but there motorcycle trailer has a super low load height that makes one person loading a cinch. Plus it's aluminum and therefore very light weight. I'd strongly recommend you look into this option before buying or storing something that results in recurring costs. I think I paid like $20 the last time I rented one.

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I may not know much........but this is how I'd tow a motorcycle. They make three rail versions of this single rail (folding and stand up) trailer.

Ford Bronco Towing a motorcycle? IMG_5753

Ford Bronco Towing a motorcycle? IMG_0020

Personally, I looking into a hitch trailer and unless you do a rear wheel carrier delete you're going to be at the limit for just about anything (even with a sub 300lbs Moto). Yeah, I'm sure the experts on here will tell you otherwise but I've been witness to several trailer and tongue hitch disasters.

Choose your own adventure.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs