Sponsored

Tracking My Order (Non-Reservation Holder)

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not one of the original 2020 Reservation holders who converted their reservation into an official order. Instead, I walked into a dealership and placed an order for a MY22 Bronco Badlands (non-SAS) on 22 December 2021 with my local small-town dealership in Maryland. I then signed up with the two main forums (Bronco6G and Bronco Nation) to learn what I could from the many people going thru the order/build/delivery process for their trucks.

What I have learned is that "Order Tracking" is one of the messiest threads in both forums. Lots of well-intentioned people trying to answer other people's questions but their advice either no longer applies (because Ford has changed the process) or because the steps they are following to track their ordered vehicle as a Reservation Holder doesn't apply to a person who just walked into a dealership and placed an order.

Reading these forums, I saw many posts citing "order numbers" and "confirmation numbers" and how people should check their online Ford account for their order's confirmation number. While I had papers from my order, there was no order number that I could find. I'd check my online Ford account and see nothing in the "My Reservations" tab.

Finally, I called the Ford helpline (800-392-3673 in the U.S.) and spoke with a friendly call taker who calmly broke it down for me. Here's what I learned...

Order tracking for me - the non-reservation holder who walked into a dealership and ordered a truck - produces just two pieces of information:
  • When I placed my order at the dealership, I should have received a document that Ford calls a "Preview Order". It contains details about the dealership, dealer rep name, customer name, vehicle ordered, description and MSRP of all the options/extras on the vehicle ordered, the Order Code, Priority Code and Sales Code. [Me: Yep, got that piece of paper.]
  • I should have received an email from Ford Motor Company (FMC) confirming the order had been placed. [Me: Yep, got that email the same day after leaving the dealership.]
And that's it. She told me that this info is all I will get until FMC emails me months from now and provides me the new truck's VIN number. Once I get that VIN number, then I can go back to my online Ford account, access the "My Reservations, Orders and Purchases" tab, input the VIN number and then I will see additional info for me there. After that (in the weeks/months to follow,) I will also receive more info about dates for build, blend, delivery, etc.

My lesson learned: When in doubt, call.
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Food for thought, not everyone receives an email. If you do not receive an email the day of ordering but have a preview sheet(or dealer lingo a DORA/WBDO sheet) call the number that was posted in the OPs original post and see if the order was actually pushed through... if they do not have your information... that means your dealer just saved the order and never submitted it or they never did the COVP(name match program) through the system to verify that order to be built

sphaller

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Food for thought, not everyone receives an email. If you do not receive an email the day of ordering but have a preview sheet(or dealer lingo a DORA/WBDO sheet) call the number that was posted in the OPs original post and see if the order was actually pushed through... if they do not have your information... that means your dealer just saved the order and never submitted it or they never did the COVP(name match program) through the system to verify that order to be built
The emails can definitely be wonky. I never received an updated email, but called and was told I had a production date and VIN. It pulled up and showed my vehicle on the Order Tracking site for about a week, but since a few days ago, now the site errors out and just refreshes when I try and put in my info. Not sure if that's on the backend and the site is down or something else funky has happened.

That said, the original point, the emails can definitely not show up. If I could get a confirmation of order, and then radio silence, it's an email system I wouldn't put much stock in.
Sponsored