Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can take an impact of a car, but not being used as a step?
Sponsored

OP
OP
seashell

seashell

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, thanks to everyone on here I've learned a few things and revise my original post....a hitch can help in a MINOR accident like mine but can also cause some major damage. Always good to expand your knowledge.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, thanks to everyone on here I've learned a few things and revise my original post....a hitch can help in a MINOR accident like mine but can also cause some major damage. Always good to expand your knowledge.
Glad you got it all checked out and it is good to hear there was no actual damage. I just see this trope so often.

For anyone else reading this, if your hitch ever gets bumped in even a minor accident make sure to get their insurance and have your frame checked out. With the bronco hitch bolting directly to the frame, there is significant risk of kinking the frame crossmember even in a soft inpact.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I vote leave drawbar on. Been smacked in the back with other vehicles a couple times and the standoff the drawbar created was enough to keep the other vehicles from getting into the bumper. If they hit you hard enough to bend the rear cross member, they likely got the bumper, frame and into the body too. I love seeing the perfect punch hole a 2" ball makes in a plastic bumper.
Sponsored