First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st gen 4runner, 1990 Toyota xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Base
learning What I can about the Bronco transfercase, have some questions.

-Is the T-Case Coming from another Ford vehicle already in use, such as the Ranger?

-Is the Part Time 4x4 transfercase the same as the Advanced 4x4 transfercase, only without the option to enable the “clutch” system in the transfercase?

My thought is that I would prefer a transfercase without a clutch system inside, for simplicity and longevity. In researching transfercases, it appears that there is a wet clutch used in the Advanced 4x4 systems to enable a computer to modulate the distribution of torque between front and rear differentials. That’s all and well, I just prefer a straight forward t-case without the extra complexity if it’s an option. Thanks.
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
-Is the T-Case Coming from another Ford vehicle already in use, such as the Ranger?
I don't think they've released a model or part number for the TC yet.

-Is the Part Time 4x4 transfercase the same as the Advanced 4x4 transfercase, only without the option to enable the “clutch” system in the transfercase?
On the F150, the standard and "Torque-on-demand" transfer cases are physically similar on the outside and share the same overall dimensions and driveshafts. However, the low range ratio for both TCs is identical.

The Bronco's 4A TC has a higher numerical low ratio for better crawling speeds.

My thought is that I would prefer a transfercase without a clutch system inside, for simplicity and longevity. In researching transfercases, it appears that there is a wet clutch used in the Advanced 4x4 systems to enable a computer to modulate the distribution of torque between front and rear differentials. That’s all and well, I just prefer a straight forward t-case without the extra complexity if it’s an option. Thanks.
The 4A transfer cases in the F-150 haven't been shown to be any less reliable than the standard TCs. If crawl ratio is important to you or if you drive on a lot of partial snow/ice/slush-covered pavement, the advanced 4x4 transfer case is the way to go.

OP
OP
N2AK

N2AK

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st gen 4runner, 1990 Toyota xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think they've released a model or part number for the TC yet.

On the F150, the standard and "Torque-on-demand" transfer cases are physically similar on the outside and share the same overall dimensions and driveshafts. However, the low range ratio for both TCs is identical.

The Bronco's 4A TC has a higher numerical low ratio for better crawling speeds.

The 4A transfer cases in the F-150 haven't been shown to be any less reliable than the standard TCs. If crawl ratio is important to you or if you drive on a lot of partial snow/ice/slush-covered pavement, the advanced 4x4 transfer case is the way to go.
Thanks For the info

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what its worth, Ford has been using this wet clutch auto t case for decades now. They'll handle abuse just fine.

gmille

Black Diamond
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello just a question for this, if you push the button for front and or rear locker, does that over ride the goat and transfer case (hi, low) modes? and if so it stays that way till you push the button again? I searched and read what i found but not understanding this. thanks for any help.

gmille

Black Diamond
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
okay yeah just wondering is all. retiring next summer and we are moving to colorado so thought i would get something that could handle this instead of a muscle car. i am ready now lol.
Sponsored