BroncoWisco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not specifically 4X4's harness, but for mine I removed the skid, nestled it up under the rear bottom side of the radiator , on the radiator support/tray, ziptied it up neat, re-installed the skid.
Tucked away. Neat. Protected.
Thank you for the excellent advice. I'll remove the skid plate this weekend and give the wiring a permanent home.
Sponsored

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A question from a newbie to those who have installed these kits already. Where did you route your wiring harness from the driver's side pocket to the passenger side pocket? Currently I've got my wiring harness below everything and on top of the skid plate. But there isn't anything to secure it to down here. Makes me think there's a better way. Pic attached.
1.jpeg
Just throw the wire over the skid plate. A zip tie on each side keeps it secure. Really easy. I usually zip tie the harness to the bracket on either side

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check out the back-lighting on these Diode Dynamics lights. Installation is a piece of cake with our kits!

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 307014345_2258893057785463_2298286029693674664_n

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 306859718_1326693491199550_2865986119002572530_n

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 306802671_811374043378908_6219385540960885736_n

Umgolfer

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just a quick update for the thread. I’m a total newbie on installing things like this and it couldn’t be easier. 4x4LED walked me through what to buy and I love how it came out. The only negative is one of the weather packs fell off after the first week (I fixed by wiring directly) and the sheathing already started to separate. Some electrical tape and time and it is all better now. Great guys to work with!

810F26CF-D15E-42A0-8B4D-5F7BB0BEE893.jpeg

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just a quick update for the thread. I’m a total newbie on installing things like this and it couldn’t be easier. 4x4LED walked me through what to buy and I love how it came out. The only negative is one of the weather packs fell off after the first week (I fixed by wiring directly) and the sheathing already started to separate. Some electrical tape and time and it is all better now. Great guys to work with!

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 810F26CF-D15E-42A0-8B4D-5F7BB0BEE893
Could you elaborate on the weatherpack connector? Was it on the Baja Designs light or the harness? Any photos? I've never seen one of of the connectors just fall off or the sheeting coming back. In fact, whenever we do cut our harness for custom installs, we find there's a lot of glue on the heat shrinking that's difficult to remove so it's really durable.

We just upgraded our own demo truck with a complete back-lit solution from Diode Dynamics. So now our fog kit has back-lighting

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1667360316683

Sponsored

Umgolfer

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could you elaborate on the weatherpack connector? Was it on the Baja Designs light or the harness? Any photos? I've never seen one of of the connectors just fall off or the sheeting coming back. In fact, whenever we do cut our harness for custom installs, we find there's a lot of glue on the heat shrinking that's difficult to remove so it's really durable.

We just upgraded our own demo truck with a complete back-lit solution from Diode Dynamics. So now our fog kit has back-lighting

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1667360316683
No. I should've taken pictures. I noticed one light wasn't working and when I got down there, I just got to work on it. I don't recall if it was on the harness side or on the light side which part fell off. It was only on one wide cornering light. A couple of quick snips and wire nuts and it was back together. I then wrapped all of tightly in electrical tape.

The sheathing was surprising as it was only a week or two of it being installed and it was separating and coming apart along the length of the cable. Again some wrapping of the wiring with electrical tape and it is weather tight and set now.

I'll see if I can get a pic of it and post what I am talking about. You've been super helpful and I am very happy with my purchase.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. I should've taken pictures. I noticed one light wasn't working and when I got down there, I just got to work on it. I don't recall if it was on the harness side or on the light side which part fell off. It was only on one wide cornering light. A couple of quick snips and wire nuts and it was back together. I then wrapped all of tightly in electrical tape.

The sheathing was surprising as it was only a week or two of it being installed and it was separating and coming apart along the length of the cable. Again some wrapping of the wiring with electrical tape and it is weather tight and set now.

I'll see if I can get a pic of it and post what I am talking about. You've been super helpful and I am very happy with my purchase.
Wire nuts? You should never use wire nuts on a vehicle... they are not rated for vehicle use. You may want to fix that. But I'm still confused on how a weatherpack connector fell off... they are clamped onto the wire, on top of having little spider-leg style prongs that also hold it into the weatherpack connector. Sooo it's odd that they would just fall off...

Can you send a photo of what is currently going on with it as im curious to see.

Did you hire someone to install this for you by chance???

Umgolfer

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wire nuts? You should never use wire nuts on a vehicle... they are not rated for vehicle use. You may want to fix that. But I'm still confused on how a weatherpack connector fell off... they are clamped onto the wire, on top of having little spider-leg style prongs that also hold it into the weatherpack connector. Sooo it's odd that they would just fall off...

Can you send a photo of what is currently going on with it as im curious to see.

Did you hire someone to install this for you by chance???
No idea how it would’ve come off. One side the plastic housing was missing and the 2 leads remained. One had the red sheathing on it, the other did not.

Thanks for the advice on the wire nuts. I’ll solder them together.

I tried to hire someone to do it, but couldn’t find anyone, so I did it myself.
Pics show both sides current status.

30B00081-CE61-426C-A636-0F2F893FF833.jpeg

42B283DD-B078-456B-917D-BCAC57649A16.jpeg

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No idea how it would’ve come off. One side the plastic housing was missing and the 2 leads remained. One had the red sheathing on it, the other did not.

Thanks for the advice on the wire nuts. I’ll solder them together.

I tried to hire someone to do it, but couldn’t find anyone, so I did it myself.
Pics show both sides current status.

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 42B283DD-B078-456B-917D-BCAC57649A16

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 42B283DD-B078-456B-917D-BCAC57649A16
Could you let me know your order #?

Our harnesses don't have red sheething on them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah that's our kit. Did you drop this off to someone to attempt an installation at some point? I'm asking because maybe a harness got swapped out or something. Our harness looks like this:

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1667436964676

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1667436969765

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1667436975777

Umgolfer

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. I didn’t take it anywhere.
What was in my box was most like the middle pic, but there was no nylon sheathing over it.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. I didn’t take it anywhere.
What was in my box was most like the middle pic, but there was no nylon sheathing over it.
That's a bit weird. All of our harnesses have sheething over them. I mean it's a small thing, but as you can tell every little detail is important to me because I spent a lot of time designing every component of the kit. So if even ONE little wire is off or a connector is off it's important to me in figuring out what happened exactly.

I'd be happy to send you a completely new harness free of charge if you like.

Umgolfer

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's a bit weird. All of our harnesses have sheething over them. I mean it's a small thing, but as you can tell every little detail is important to me because I spent a lot of time designing every component of the kit. So if even ONE little wire is off or a connector is off it's important to me in figuring out what happened exactly.

I'd be happy to send you a completely new harness free of charge if you like.
You’re awesome! I only replied to the thread to let everyone know how happy I was with working with you and you are over delivering. Awesome to know businesses like yours still exist.
I’ll take the new harness and can send back the one I have so you can see it for yourself.
Can provide an additional weather pack that I can attach to the light?

Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You’re awesome! I only replied to the thread to let everyone know how happy I was with working with you and you are over delivering. Awesome to know businesses like yours still exist.
I’ll take the new harness and can send back the one I have so you can see it for yourself.
Can provide an additional weather pack that I can attach to the light?

Thanks for the help!
There should have been additional weatherpack connectors in your Baja Designs boxes. Each box comes with 2 WeatherPack connectors.

Why do you need additional connectors though? Did you cut the connector off the Baja Designs light????? Unless you have a WeatherPack crimping tool you won't be able to just put it back on the light.

Im glad you replied and im glad you are happy. As I said, even the smallest detail I keep my eye out for since we want our kits 100% perfect in every way/shape/form.
Sponsored