SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
My installer told me I could use rain x in a couple weeks. Not so! Very foggy, had to remove it. Anyone try the one for plastics? I wonder if it works...
Wow, that sucks. I had ceramic pro put on top of mine (along with the rest of the car) and it turned out fine.
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Right after delivery, I had a broken windshield. It was stressful, the replacement was slow to arrive, it cost a lot, etc. I live in a state where windshields aren't covered under insurance. That probably isn't a coincidence, since a lot of people get broken windshields here, lots of busy traffic at highway speeds and the roads are constantly being repaired.

Since I used to have a wrangler, I knew about a film that protects windshields on JLs. I checked and they have a kit for our broncos as well. It took me about 45 minutes to install, it went on no problem. It's been a few months and so far I'm happy with it. I was afraid it might scratch from the wipers, but that's not been a problem. They did sent a sealant of some kind that they said to put onto the film to help prevent scratches. I guess it must work.

I've had a few rocks hit my windshield already that I thought would break it, but didn't, so I'm happy about that.

I bought it from these guys:

https://www.grab-gard.com/products/ford-bronco-windshield-protection-kit
That looks like a good price for the kit. If you price out 3M for that much material you're there.

I'm mostly highway so my issue is getting sandblasted over time in my other vehicles. Insurance doesn't care so thinking of doing.

OP
OP

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
That looks like a good price for the kit. If you price out 3M for that much material you're there.

I'm mostly highway so my issue is getting sandblasted over time in my other vehicles. Insurance doesn't care so thinking of doing.
Yeah, dirty highways here in california. No summer rain means all that stuff just accumulates and is constantly being kicked up and hitting windshields and the front of vehicles.

OP
OP

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took a hard hit from a rock this morning. It was big enough that I could see the thing fly off the other side of the highway. It hit hard into the middle of the windshield, I thought the windshield would be toast. But the film did its job, the windshield didn't break. It left a very small ding in the film. I'm convinced that without it, I'd be calling to replace my insurance right now.

OP
OP

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm at about 6 months now and an still really happy with this film. I'd definitely buy it again.

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not getting grooved / scratched by wipers?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took a hard hit from a rock this morning. It was big enough that I could see the thing fly off the other side of the highway. It hit hard into the middle of the windshield, I thought the windshield would be toast. But the film did its job, the windshield didn't break. It left a very small ding in the film. I'm convinced that without it, I'd be calling to replace my insurance right now.
That's the thing about films like this...going in, you never can be sure if it's going to really help. I mean, at some point, there's going to be a rock that's too big even for a windshield film, so if a rock takes out my windshield, how would I know if film would have saved it?

Part of my decision to get the film (I had STEK put on when I did PPF) was based on the Bronco having a unique windshield, and that QR code is my Bronco's conception date and I don't want to lose that with replacement glass😁. But a bigger reason is that cracking is only part of the issue. Smaller rocks create little micro pits, and after a few years, driving into the son looks like glitter all over the windshield. You get to a point where you'd want to replace the glass even if it wasn't cracked.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don’t realize how bad a sandblasted windshield is until you get it replaced and it’s like wow, I can see driving into the sun again.

OP
OP

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone tried the Gorilla Glass windshields? I know some of the Jeep guys have them, but never had them myself.

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

AFAIK, they don’t make one for the Bronco. But you can go on the website and send them a message. Maybe if a bunch of us keep sending them requests every week they’ll make one. 🤣

OP
OP

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
AFAIK, they don’t make one for the Bronco. But you can go on the website and send them a message. Maybe if a bunch of us keep sending them requests every week they’ll make one. 🤣
That's a good idea, can't hurt for us to ask. Although with the price increase for gorilla glass on the wranglers, I'm afraid to guess what it might cost on our broncos.
Sponsored