First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure this has been covered but can changes be made with FORScan after the Ford Performance Tune has been installed? I have a Badlands and I’d like to add sport mode and tow/haul mode if possible.
Sponsored

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure this has been covered but can changes be made with FORScan after the Ford Performance Tune has been installed? I have a Badlands and I’d like to add sport mode and tow/haul mode if possible.
Yes

bionicbigfoot

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made several Forscan changes BEFORE getting this Roush Bronco 2.7L Performance Pac - Level 1, which includes a cold air intake, a Ford approved ECU update for 40 more HP and Start/Stop elimination.

Everything worked great. All previous Forscan changes stayed intact. However, Forscan no longer recognizes the car model, so I can no longer make any changes. I have tried several techniques from different threads here and can't figure out out.

Be warned. But also if anyone knows a fix, please point us to it.

OP
OP
SHANUT

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to be clear, I have already installed the Ford performance tune. Now I would like to turn on sport mode and tow/haul mode and just want to make sure it’s not going to cause issues since the tune is already installed.

Sponsored

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
FYI, there's no tow/haul mode for non raptor models. I understand that it's shown in forscan but it's not going to do anything and give you an error.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just to be clear, I have already installed the Ford performance tune. Now I would like to turn on sport mode and tow/haul mode and just want to make sure it’s not going to cause issues since the tune is already installed.
Yes, you can still make changes with no issues.

OP
OP
SHANUT

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, there's no tow/haul mode for non raptor models. I understand that it's shown in forscan but it's not going to do anything and give you an error.
Bummer

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you’re referring to enabling towing capability and not flat towing the Bronco itself, there is an FDRS step to enable it IF you’re installing the tow package after the fact with OEM components. I literally just went through this and installed the components myself. After reading on this forum that some folks didn’t have to get anything programmed I was hoping for the same, but I did end up having to get the dealer to activate the module or whatever it was. Even the install instructions for the OEM Lumen towing harness called for that FDRS step at the end. So I guess in the end, there is some sort of “tow” mode to be enabled, of you’re going with OEM parts.

OP
OP
SHANUT

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’re referring to enabling towing capability and not flat towing the Bronco itself, there is an FDRS step to enable it IF you’re installing the tow package after the fact with OEM components. I literally just went through this and installed the components myself. After reading on this forum that some folks didn’t have to get anything programmed I was hoping for the same, but I did end up having to get the dealer to activate the module or whatever it was. Even the install instructions for the OEM Lumen towing harness called for that FDRS step at the end. So I guess in the end, there is some sort of “tow” mode to be enabled, of you’re going with OEM parts.
I already have all the towing parts from the factory, but unfortunately badlands doesn’t come with tow mode. I have that on my Ford trucks and the bronco really needs it so that you can lock out gears to save the transmission from self-destructing due to too much shifting in and out of the overdrive gears. I know it’s not a tow vehicle per se, but when I pull a trailer, it would be nice if it had that capability

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hear you. I have yet to test mine to see if FDRS made a difference in the shifting, etc.
Sponsored