Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all,

I have a 2 door Basesquatch. I've added ARB summit bumper, rear bumper, skid plates, and just ordered Fab Fours rock sliders. This adds a fair amount of weight and you can certainly feel the difference when you drive. I've also added OME to account for the weight to the suspension.

I'm contemplating the Ford Performance 2.3 tune to assist in offsetting some of that weight. The Bronco is a second vehicle for me that will see ~5k miles per year and the longevity is paramount to me as I can wheel it for quite some time with as few miles as I put on it in a year.

I'm trying to determine what puts more strain on the engine; the added weight with no tune or adding the tune? I should add that while I don't love the shift points currently, even with the added weight, I'm not worried about the acceleration.

Thanks for any guidance.
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You probably aren’t much heavier (200-300# maybe) than my non SAS 2 door Badlands on 34” Toyo’s. It’s my opinion that the engine would operate better and with less strain in the mid range with the extra power on tap from the tune. The only extra strain provided by the tune is controllable by your right foot, if you drive foot to the floor all the time it will be harder on the engine.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The tune does not necessarily add any strain to the motor unless you are running it hard in the upper RPM range.
Sponsored