Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Turn Offroad why are those rubber feet needed on the tailgate? I have an ADV hardtop ordered (yes I know I may never get it lol) and was considering switching to this one. However I have a diabolical slip stream that would theoretically be compatible with ADV and was compatible with the OEM, these rubber feet seem like they’d cause issues.
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can we get some more pics of the interior please? I think we're good on exterior and the latches, but maybe a focus around some of the detailing at the windows (side windows and rear windows)? Thank you!
Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review IMG_8935

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Turn Offroad why are those rubber feet needed on the tailgate? I have an ADV hardtop ordered (yes I know I may never get it lol) and was considering switching to this one. However I have a diabolical slip stream that would theoretically be compatible with ADV and was compatible with the OEM, these rubber feet seem like they’d cause issues.
I just looked at some photos of the Diabolical product that you have and the rubber bumper WILL NOT interfere with that setup at all.

We found during R&D that the best way to create an air tight seal on the tailgate without adding seals to the window assembly which would hang lower than the window and negatively influence usability (you'd have to open the tailgate further to open the window) was to improve the bumpers with a different design.

They sit up against the tailgate seal and close up the area nicely.

Thanks for your feedback!

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we get some more pics of the interior please? I think we're good on exterior and the latches, but maybe a focus around some of the detailing at the windows (side windows and rear window)? Thank you!
Sorry, these aren't awesome pictures, but hopefully they help:

Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review tempImagePCsYPr

Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review tempImageT3xf31

Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review tempImageVGEae6

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the fabric

easy to put a whole crew of patches up there
The carpeted roof was actually better than I expected. It looks good!

If only I had some patches to put up there - I feel like I could stick a bunch up there!! :love:

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The carpeted roof was actually better than I expected. It looks good!

If only I had some patches to put up there - I feel like I could stick a bunch up there!! :love:
It is so dark without a flashlight or camera flash you really can't see detail closely. Another reason why I could care less about latch appearance.

On another note, for those who want a more dressed up look you could buy something like Hot Head Headliners (or do something custom on your own) and use velcro to easily attach to the ceiling. You would get the look you want plus additional sound deadening, heat retention in winter, and insulation from the sun in summer. Product idea someone :unsure:

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just looked at some photos of the Diabolical product that you have and the rubber bumper WILL NOT interfere with that setup at all.

We found during R&D that the best way to create an air tight seal on the tailgate without adding seals to the window assembly which would hang lower than the window and negatively influence usability (you'd have to open the tailgate further to open the window) was to improve the bumpers with a different design.

They sit up against the tailgate seal and close up the area nicely.

Thanks for your feedback!
Appreciate the quick response and research!

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this doesn't highlight it perfectly, but you can clearly see in the picture where the door is rubbing harder near the corner and will eventually rip the rubber. The video looks better than it is, but trust me, with the right conditions of opening/closing the hatch and then the cargo door, it catches in the rubber in certain situations. Also you cannot physically open the rear hatch unless you swing the door open past 90 degrees - Otherwise it will hit the corner of the cargo door.

Again, this is a very minor concern and TOR is already addressing it with a solution. As with everything they have done, they've been open and honest and quick to address. Just wanted to be open and honest with my feedback to everyone. :)

Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review tempImageVGEae6

I don’t think it will tear any time soon. Especially if kept lubed a little.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think it will tear any time soon. Especially if kept lubed a little.
I hope you're right, but it was literally grabbing the rubber and wanting to rip it last night when I was opening/closing the cargo door. It's only under certain situations - My video doesn't outline it very well.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This hard top is significantly quieter than my OEM soft top. It’s so peaceful!
That's a very low bar to measure against :D. I almost did not buy a Bronco because I rented a SAS BL with a soft top from Turo and found the wind and road nosie at highway speeds to be close to unbearable.

For comparisons to the MIC I would also be interested in mechanical robustness. In their desire to make the top as easy to remove as possible, Ford made an unacceptable compromise between weight and mechanical integrity. The whole laminated egg carton stuff is poorly thought out, especially in comparison to the jeeps where you can drive the hardtop into a branch and drive away with just a minor surface scuff.

My working assumption is that around the 5 year mark many actively used MICs will start failing and some of us will have to choose between a) class action lawsuit and waiting years for resolution or b) biting the bullet and buying an aftermarket solution.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you're right, but it was literally grabbing the rubber and wanting to rip it last night when I was opening/closing the cargo door. It's only under certain situations - My video doesn't outline it very well.
I have not noticed it being an issue. Even with freezing snowmelt it was fine. I'm so used to dealing with the soft top that I've barely opened the window anyhow.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a very low bar to measure against :D. I almost did not buy a Bronco because I rented a SAS BL with a soft top from Turo and found the wind and road nosie at highway speeds to be close to unbearable.

For comparisons to the MIC I would also be interested in mechanical robustness. In their desire to make the top as easy to remove as possible, Ford made an unacceptable compromise between weight and mechanical integrity. The whole laminated egg carton stuff is poorly thought out, especially in comparison to the jeeps where you can drive the hardtop into a branch and drive away with just a minor surface scuff.

My working assumption is that around the 5 year mark many actively used MICs will start failing and some of us will have to choose between a) class action lawsuit and waiting years for resolution or b) biting the bullet and buying an aftermarket solution.
Although I have seen a MIC top up close plenty of times, I have not really had much experience with it. The TOR hard top is much heavier, IMO. It took two of us to lift it onto the vehicle - There's no way I could remove this top on my own without assistance or a hoist or some sort of lifting apparatus.

For my case, I don't plan on taking off the top, except the targa top, so this isn't really much of a concern for me. I'd much rather have durability and longevity over a lighter top that has potentially different issues.
Sponsored