Sponsored

Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback?

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered, thanks for the discount!
What version did you order!? Looking to get feedback on the body mounted step slider option before I pull the trigger.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What version did you order!? Looking to get feedback on the body mounted step slider option before I pull the trigger.
I went with the base slider, no step. Will post feedback once I receive/install.

OP
OP

Barny227

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK Everyone sorry for the delay but I did get them installed today.
Installation was a breeze, maybe took 30 to 40 minutes even with doing a little trimming on the rear fender plastic piece. Each slider weighs about 20 pounds. The metal isn't the thickest so there is a little concern there. They don't stick out very far from the side of the Bronco which is nice and what I wanted. You do lose a little ground clearance compared to my Jeep sliders but they are still above the frame. All in all I am very happy with them and very pleased with Turn's customer service.

20230723_151100.jpg

20230723_151145.jpg

20230723_152024.jpg

20230723_152039.jpg

20230723_163247.jpg

20230723_163610.jpg

20230723_163634.jpg

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Installation was a breeze, maybe took 30 to 40 minutes even with doing a little trimming on the rear fender plastic piece. Each slider weighs about 20 pounds. The metal isn't the thickest so there is a little concern there. They don't stick out very far from the side of the Bronco which is nice and what I wanted. You do lose a little ground clearance compared to my Jeep sliders but they are still above the frame. All in all I am very happy with them and very pleased with Turn's customer service.

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230723_163634

Looks great! Thanks for posting your feedback!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the base slider, no step. Will post feedback once I receive/install.
Received my set of sliders. As others have mentioned, packaging was great. Install was a breeze, about 30 minutes per side remove/install. Overall quality/finish is good and they fit like a glove. I do like the connection points to the body mounts w/ frame connection bracket in the center...no connections to the body. I lost about 1 inch of clearance compared to the OEM rails. IMO the protrusion beyond the sill is about perfect for protecting the sill and doors from both rocks and the inevitable parking lot door ding. Only issue was one missing spacer for the center bracket and TURN was on it sending out to me ASAP. Camera on my goofy Pixel phone crapped out so no pics but will post up pics when I get the new phone.

For those on the fence I'm happy to answer any questions.

Sponsored

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Received my set of sliders. As others have mentioned, packaging was great. Install was a breeze, about 30 minutes per side remove/install. Overall quality/finish is good and they fit like a glove. I do like the connection points to the body mounts w/ frame connection bracket in the center...no connections to the body. I lost about 1 inch of clearance compared to the OEM rails. IMO the protrusion beyond the sill is about perfect for protecting the sill and doors from both rocks and the inevitable parking lot door ding. Only issue was one missing spacer for the center bracket and TURN was on it sending out to me ASAP. Camera on my goofy Pixel phone crapped out so no pics but will post up pics when I get the new phone.

For those on the fence I'm happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for the purchase and the review! I really appreciate it!

dvogel

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI...Long post with photos.

I believe some folks here were looking for feedback/info on the step/slider combo, or as @Turn Offroad calls them, The Stider. Ordered a set for my 4dr Badlands with Sasquatch. Shipping was super quick since Turn is in SoCal and I am in NorCal. Packaging was pretty good, despite what the FedEx gorillas did. Really thick cardboard and contents are wrapped in this spongy, thick padding.
Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230802_123256

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230802_123901

After unwrapping, nothing was damaged other than two small scratches to one of the brackets, which a little rustoleum fixed.
First impressions are that these 'Stiders' are beefy....really thick...built like a tank. I wondered how much heavier they are compared to the OEM rock sliders that come with a Badlands. Answer: a lot heavier! OEM slider is ~26.5 pounds each. Each of Turn's Stider is ~56lbs (weighed on a bathroom scale).
The brackets are also heavy duty. Double the thickness of the factory brackets. Bottom line is that the 'Stider' and its brackets inspire confidence.
While the box does not come with instructions, once you lay out the contents and take a look, it is really super obvious where things go. One area that might take a little trial and error is the bracket mounting. One of the brackets is uniquely shaped and only goes in one spot. The other two are very, very similar looking but when installed only fit and align with the pinch weld mounting holes.
Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230804_145421

BTW. That paint flaking near the pinch weld holes is a sign of soft paint. Look at the impressions the old slider left in the paint. Seems like FoMoCo needs to adjust the curing lamps. Anyway, this area is 100% covered by the Stider, once installed.
During the installation, I noticed things did not line up. Reason was that the top step plate was not assembled to the right Stider base....the left plate was on the right Stider and vice-versa. @Turn Offroad please contact your manufacturer and have them add a QA step when putting these together.
Anyway, the step plate can be removed and re-attached, so only thing lost is time. Again, easy to do but if you have sausage fingers, it might take some time, as some of the backing nuts are in a tight spot.
Installing the brackets is easy. The Stider's are heavy and will go on easier if you have two people doing or use jack stands to support the weight. They are, after all, heavy and beefy.
Once installed, they look nice. They stick out enough and should protect from door dings. They also offer a nice foothold for those folks who are vertically challenged, like my wife who found these perfect. Lastly, they will provide some protection from rocks flung by the tires.
Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230804_171333

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230804_171313

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230804_171342

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230804_171352

All in all, happy with these Stiders. Prior to installing them, my OEM sliders provided roughly 17.25 inches of clearance from my garage floor to the slider bracket. After installing the Stider, I measure around 16.75in of clearance, so only lost about half inch, so not bad.
Also, the video mentions the need to remove that plastic molding piece. I think that piece is only used on non-Sasquatch vehicles, as mine did not have it. Lastly, these do not interfere at all with my Rokblokz XL flaps, so between the two of those, I should be fine driving the crappy highways up here in the Bay Area.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FYI...Long post with photos.

I believe some folks here were looking for feedback/info on the step/slider combo, or as @Turn Offroad calls them, The Stider. Ordered a set for my 4dr Badlands with Sasquatch. Shipping was super quick since Turn is in SoCal and I am in NorCal. Packaging was pretty good, despite what the FedEx gorillas did. Really thick cardboard and contents are wrapped in this spongy, thick padding.

After unwrapping, nothing was damaged other than two small scratches to one of the brackets, which a little rustoleum fixed.
First impressions are that these 'Stiders' are beefy....really thick...built like a tank. I wondered how much heavier they are compared to the OEM rock sliders that come with a Badlands. Answer: a lot heavier! OEM slider is ~26.5 pounds each. Each of Turn's Stider is ~56lbs (weighed on a bathroom scale).
The brackets are also heavy duty. Double the thickness of the factory brackets. Bottom line is that the 'Stider' and its brackets inspire confidence.
While the box does not come with instructions, once you lay out the contents and take a look, it is really super obvious where things go. One area that might take a little trial and error is the bracket mounting. One of the brackets is uniquely shaped and only goes in one spot. The other two are very, very similar looking but when installed only fit and align with the pinch weld mounting holes.

BTW. That paint flaking near the pinch weld holes is a sign of soft paint. Look at the impressions the old slider left in the paint. Seems like FoMoCo needs to adjust the curing lamps. Anyway, this area is 100% covered by the Stider, once installed.
During the installation, I noticed things did not line up. Reason was that the top step plate was not assembled to the right Stider base....the left plate was on the right Stider and vice-versa. @Turn Offroad please contact your manufacturer and have them add a QA step when putting these together.
Anyway, the step plate can be removed and re-attached, so only thing lost is time. Again, easy to do but if you have sausage fingers, it might take some time, as some of the backing nuts are in a tight spot.
Installing the brackets is easy. The Stider's are heavy and will go on easier if you have two people doing or use jack stands to support the weight. They are, after all, heavy and beefy.
Once installed, they look nice. They stick out enough and should protect from door dings. They also offer a nice foothold for those folks who are vertically challenged, like my wife who found these perfect. Lastly, they will provide some protection from rocks flung by the tires.

All in all, happy with these Stiders. Prior to installing them, my OEM sliders provided roughly 17.25 inches of clearance from my garage floor to the slider bracket. After installing the Stider, I measure around 16.75in of clearance, so only lost about half inch, so not bad.
Also, the video mentions the need to remove that plastic molding piece. I think that piece is only used on non-Sasquatch vehicles, as mine did not have it. Lastly, these do not interfere at all with my Rokblokz XL flaps, so between the two of those, I should be fine driving the crappy highways up here in the Bay Area.
Thanks for the purchase and review! Sorry for the extra legwork on swapping those top panels. We will address that asap. Glad install went well and that you’re happy with the end result!

dvogel

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@dvogel can you get a few pictures of the front of the slider showing how much clearance? Like a nice side shot? I want to see if there is enough clearance for 37s?
[/QH
Here you go. Hope this helps.

With flap installed:
Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230806_151909

Removed the flap and measured to the leading corner of The Stider (~5in):
Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230806_151544

The rear is closer:
Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 20230806_151654

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

20230723_151100.jpg

20230723_151145.jpg

20230723_152024.jpg

20230723_152039.jpg

20230723_163247.jpg

20230723_163610.jpg

20230723_163634.jpg
Is it possible for you to post a picture with the door open from above? Is there enough to use it as a step? Have a 6 year old, and worried about there not being enough of a step for him. Mine is lifted 2" so maybe a bit too tall for him to get in easily.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is it possible for you to post a picture with the door open from above? Is there enough to use it as a step? Have a 6 year old, and worried about there not being enough of a step for him. Mine is lifted 2" so maybe a bit too tall for him to get in easily.
Im not sure if you’ve ever seen our Stider but it was designed to be a slider and a step. The rock sliders sit pretty tight to the body for use as a step.

https://turnoffroad.com/collections/bronco-rock-sliders/products/2021-ford-bronco-4-door-step-slider

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im not sure if you’ve ever seen our Stider but it was designed to be a slider and a step. The rock sliders sit pretty tight to the body for use as a step.

https://turnoffroad.com/collections/bronco-rock-sliders/products/2021-ford-bronco-4-door-step-slider
I honestly haven't heard of you guys before today. Went to your page, liked several things. Just installed a RC rear bumper or I'd be getting one of yours.

I have the factory steps, looking for more ground clearance and clean look, like the stiders. Or some E-boards that are out there.
Sponsored