Sponsored

Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback?

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I honestly haven't heard of you guys before today. Went to your page, liked several things. Just installed a RC rear bumper or I'd be getting one of yours.

I have the factory steps, looking for more ground clearance and clean look, like the stiders. Or some E-boards that are out there.
Nice, if you have any questions on the specifics of our products let me know! We offer a forum discount of 10% off with code Bronco6GForum in case you’re looking to purchase 👍🏻
Sponsored

OP
OP

Barny227

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am very sure that an adult would not be able to use these as a step. A little one might be able to. The sliders do fit pretty snug against the body. With the door open from the sill to the edge of the slider is only 2.5 inches.
Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? IMG_0306

OP
OP

Barny227

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
top picture is with the door open.
bottom picture is looking down from the door handle .
Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? IMG_0305
Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? IMG_0304

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally pulled the trigger on the 'Stiders' today. Looking forward to getting them installed before my next off roading trip!

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Finally pulled the trigger on the 'Stiders' today. Looking forward to getting them installed before my next off roading trip!
We've got the order ready to be shipped. It will go out today thank you for choosing us!

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the purchase and review! Sorry for the extra legwork on swapping those top panels. We will address that asap. Glad install went well and that you’re happy with the end result!
I ordered and installed my stiders last weekend and ran into the same issue with the top panels being mounted on the wrong sides. Luckily I read this thread and was aware of that potential issue so I checked and made that correction before I mounted them.

Other than that, everything went on smoothly and I'm really happy with how they look. I would've taken pictures but lighting was bad and the weather's been terrible.

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered and installed my stiders last weekend and ran into the same issue with the top panels being mounted on the wrong sides. Luckily I read this thread and was aware of that potential issue so I checked and made that correction before I mounted them.

Other than that, everything went on smoothly and I'm really happy with how they look. I would've taken pictures but lighting was bad and the weather's been terrible.
I got mine yesterday and noticed the same thanks to this thread. Swapped the panels last night and will do the install today.

@Turn Offroad I assume you haven't fixed the issue because these units were already packaged. I suggest you notify your customers that they may need to swap them while you work on correcting the issue with your supplier. BTW, packaging was awesome!

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine yesterday and noticed the same thanks to this thread. Swapped the panels last night and will do the install today.

@Turn Offroad I assume you haven't fixed the issue because these units were already packaged. I suggest you notify your customers that they may need to swap them while you work on correcting the issue with your supplier. BTW, packaging was awesome!
One more install pro tip, on the middle mounting bracket, make sure it's slid all the way to one side (towards the rear I think) to allow enough space for the backing washer to fit on there. The hole in the bracket for the stud is elongated, so there's plenty of room, I just had to slide it all the way to one side for everything to bolt together. Much easier to do when everything's loose.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry about that! All outgoing shipments now have a label saying to check the orientation of the plates.

Correct, since this was called to our attention we started to place labels on every outgoing package to notify customers. It's a small issue that takes 5 minutes to swap over but can be a big headache if you get finish with the install and then have to remove them to swap the plates.

Thanks for your input! And sorry for any inconvenience.

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my sliders installed yesterday. I absolutely love the look and can't wait to put them to good use! While my comments on the install below may seem negative, I am really happy with how things turned out.

I feel this is the best compromise of being high/tight to the body, strong enough for my needs, and a useful step for the wife and kids. The way these install remind me of the RTR sliders, but at a significant discount, and the quality seems really good.

As others have commented, the packaging was top notch and my sliders arrived nearly flawless. I only had a few light scuffs (not through powder coat), which is surprising given the fact that every FedEx package delivered to my house looks like it fell off the truck on the highway a few times.

I even noticed that they added what appears to be sealant in the nooks and crannies to help protect from moisture and direct water out. Drain holes seem a little small in the corners of the dimple plate, so I may need to drill those out depending on how much they hold water (mud will make it worse). The sealant is something I haven't seen other manufactures do and coming from aerospace where almost all parts are installed with sealant on faying surfaces and with fillet seals, I'm a big fan of this approach. It is something that I wish RCI would do on their crossmember skids that already have significant surface rust because the powder coat can't get into the seams that were left unwelded on the upper side.

Couple things to note on install:

• As I mentioned in a previous post above, I had to swap the top plates because mine were swapped. Luckily I caught it before install.
  • The install video recommends to torque down the center bracket to help get it aligned. However, this method resulted in my bracket sitting too low, making it impossible to get the slider to line up on both ends.
    • I strongly suggest you wait to position the center bracket until you position the forward and aft brackets and slider. Once everything is hand tightened on the other brackets and slider, you can slide the center bracket into place.
    • What I discovered upon positioning the center bracket was that the slot is off for the lower body mount on both sliders. See photo below. Looks to be off by 1/8" or so. Just enough to not be able to thread the fastener. This explains why I had the issues I did. I'm hoping to get replacement brackets that align properly, but will handle it on my own by routing out the slots if need be.
  • Careful you don't lose any washers or nuts when installing on the pinch rail studs. I had a nut fall between the bracket and slider and it was a pain to get out without removing the slider.
  • You may need to drill out your pinch rail holes for clearance. I managed to ram my sliders in place, but the sound wasn't pleasant LOL.
  • Take your time positioning the slider. I got a little too carried a way and tapped the rocker panel with the slider enough to give it a slight dent.

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? PXL_20231019_202716325

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? PXL_20231020_133655668

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? PXL_20231020_133631802

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? PXL_20231020_133724269

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? PXL_20231020_133748521

Sponsored

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got my sliders installed yesterday. I absolutely love the look and can't wait to put them to good use! While my comments on the install below may seem negative, I am really happy with how things turned out.

I feel this is the best compromise of being high/tight to the body, strong enough for my needs, and a useful step for the wife and kids. The way these install remind me of the RTR sliders, but at a significant discount, and the quality seems really good.

As others have commented, the packaging was top notch and my sliders arrived nearly flawless. I only had a few light scuffs (not through powder coat), which is surprising given the fact that every FedEx package delivered to my house looks like it fell off the truck on the highway a few times.

I even noticed that they added what appears to be sealant in the nooks and crannies to help protect from moisture and direct water out. Drain holes seem a little small in the corners of the dimple plate, so I may need to drill those out depending on how much they hold water (mud will make it worse). The sealant is something I haven't seen other manufactures do and coming from aerospace where almost all parts are installed with sealant on faying surfaces and with fillet seals, I'm a big fan of this approach. It is something that I wish RCI would do on their crossmember skids that already have significant surface rust because the powder coat can't get into the seams that were left unwelded on the upper side.

Couple things to note on install:

• As I mentioned in a previous post above, I had to swap the top plates because mine were swapped. Luckily I caught it before install.
  • The install video recommends to torque down the center bracket to help get it aligned. However, this method resulted in my bracket sitting too low, making it impossible to get the slider to line up on both ends.
    • I strongly suggest you wait to position the center bracket until you position the forward and aft brackets and slider. Once everything is hand tightened on the other brackets and slider, you can slide the center bracket into place.
    • What I discovered upon positioning the center bracket was that the slot is off for the lower body mount on both sliders. See photo below. Looks to be off by 1/8" or so. Just enough to not be able to thread the fastener. This explains why I had the issues I did. I'm hoping to get replacement brackets that align properly, but will handle it on my own by routing out the slots if need be.
  • Careful you don't lose any washers or nuts when installing on the pinch rail studs. I had a nut fall between the bracket and slider and it was a pain to get out without removing the slider.
  • You may need to drill out your pinch rail holes for clearance. I managed to ram my sliders in place, but the sound wasn't pleasant LOL.
  • Take your time positioning the slider. I got a little too carried a way and tapped the rocker panel with the slider enough to give it a slight dent.

Could you please measure the total width? I'd like to know how far they stick out.
Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1698349217212

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here you go!

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? PXL_20231027_013159424
Thanks, bud!
Turn offroad had sent me the dimensions. I just finished installing mine. Fast shipping – I ordered them on Thursday, and FedEx delivered the package on Sunday morning. The install went very smoothly – no alignment issues and no need to drill out any holes in the pinch rail. The rails are very robust and the width is perfect for using them as side steps. I would definitely recommend them!

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1698647286070

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1698647313271

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1698647322162

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's been almost 4 months since I installed the TOR rock sliders on my 2 door, and here are my thoughts about them.

I love how they look, the built quality, and how beefy they are. There are some things that I think @Turn Offroad might improve though. One of them is the coating – it scratches pretty easily by the small rocks and sand that gets stuck in the shoes. I had GoRhino side steps on my Bronco before swapping them out for the TOR sliders, and the coating on those steps was more scratch resistant.

There's one design flaw that I'd like to focus on specifically. These rock sliders are prone to collect sand, rocks, and water inside of them due to the semi-open structure. The cutout logo in the step surface also adds its share of dirt to this problem.

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708930648131

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708930671657

I definitely didn't want to carry that ballast – it would eventually lead to corrosion. After some ideation, I came up with a solution on how to protect the internals from dirt, and here's what I did. I purchased two 60" x 3" x 0.75" 18ga stainless steel corner guards and made covers out of them. I coated them with the Rust-Oleum primer and textured spray paint.

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708930737432

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708931710129

When I bought these rock sliders, I liked that all the seams were covered with sealant, but later I came to the conclusion that it would have been better if TOR had made some cutouts along the bottom edge instead, so the water and dirt could find its way out. Even though I closed the top opening with the sheet metal, I drilled 5 small drain holes along the bottom edge, so that the water from a pressure washer could drain out and not sit there for days.

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708930955956

I covered the TOR logos with the Bronco badges. I made them using two keychains I had bought on Amazon. I'm sorry, TOR, – your cutout logo looked good, but the tires liked to play cornhole game with it. I can only wonder how much more ballast these rock sliders would have collected if my Bronco didn't have mudflaps.

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708931771994

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708930851930

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708932537356

I replaced the regular nuts with U-nuts. They will make the unscrewing process much easier in case I want to inspect the internals.

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708930763259

Even though the covers were not going to be much visible after the rock sliders have been installed, I was glad that the Rust-Oleum paint's texture turned out to be very close to the texture on the rock sliders.

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708930800617

Ford Bronco Turn Off-road sliders - reviews / feedback? 1708930824766

Before this project, I had almost zero experience in metalworking, so it was quite a challenge for me, but can say that I'm pretty happy with the final result.

Reactions: cgv

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been almost 4 months since I installed the TOR rock sliders on my 2 door, and here are my thoughts about them.

I love how they look, the built quality, and how beefy they are. There are some things that I think @Turn Offroad might improve though. One of them is the coating – it scratches pretty easily by the small rocks and sand that gets stuck in the shoes. I had GoRhino side steps on my Bronco before swapping them out for the TOR sliders, and the coating on those steps was more scratch resistant.

There's one design flaw that I'd like to focus on specifically. These rock sliders are prone to collect sand, rocks, and water inside of them due to the semi-open structure. The cutout logo in the step surface also adds its share of dirt to this problem.

I definitely didn't want to carry that ballast – it would eventually lead to corrosion. After some ideation, I came up with a solution on how to protect the internals from dirt, and here's what I did. I purchased two 60" x 3" x 0.75" 18ga stainless steel corner guards and made covers out of them. I coated them with the Rust-Oleum primer and textured spray paint.

When I bought these rock sliders, I liked that all the seams were covered with sealant, but later I came to the conclusion that it would have been better if TOR had made some cutouts along the bottom edge instead, so the water and dirt could find its way out. Even though I closed the top opening with the sheet metal, I drilled 5 small drain holes along the bottom edge, so that the water from a pressure washer could drain out and not sit there for days.

I covered the TOR logos with the Bronco badges. I made them using two keychains I had bought on Amazon. I'm sorry, TOR, – your cutout logo looked good, but the tires liked to play cornhole game with it. I can only wonder how much more ballast these rock sliders would have collected if my Bronco didn't have mudflaps.

I replaced the regular nuts with U-nuts. They will make the unscrewing process much easier in case I want to inspect the internals.

Even though the covers were not going to be much visible after the rock sliders have been installed, I was glad that the Rust-Oleum paint's texture turned out to be very close to the texture on the rock sliders.

Before this project, I had almost zero experience in metalworking, so it was quite a challenge for me, but can say that I'm pretty happy with the final result.
Love the modifications! I'll be stealing your idea on the u nuts and drain holes after my next off road trip.
Sponsored