Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully, I should be getting notified this week of my anticaped batch 1 , 1 piece adv hardtop.
BUT, based on prior adherence to forecasts, I'm not gonna hold my breath
That’s a good way to pass out… :(
Sponsored

Granite Gorge

Big Bend
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 23 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hopefully, I should be getting notified this week of my anticaped batch 1 , 1 piece adv hardtop.
BUT, based on prior adherence to forecasts, I'm not gonna hold my breath
I know the feeling. Ordered one right at the beginning & gave up. Good Luck.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s a valid point, however, what are OEM soft tops selling for? You’re kind of in a similar situation, where the Bestop is “more superior” (I assume) yet some folks prefer the OEM soft top.

Maybe it’s apples to oranges with this as I think the Bestop lacks some functionality, but it looks better. 🤷‍♂️
I don't think the Bestop is necessarily considered superior. I have had the OEM soft for almost 2 years and it has been great, including lots of winter driving in snow and rain. It also looks to me the OEM has a stronger frame and mechanism than the Bestop. I admit the saggy windows don't look good, but I'm going to miss being able to go 70% open air on the fly like you can only do with a soft top. Nothing against Bestop -- it does look nicer but the OEM has been fine for me.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think the Bestop is necessarily considered superior. I have had the OEM soft for almost 2 years and it has been great, including lots of winter driving in snow and rain. It also looks to me the OEM has a stronger frame and mechanism than the Bestop. I admit the saggy windows don't look good, but I'm going to miss being able to go 70% open air on the fly like you can only do with a soft top. Nothing against Bestop -- it does look nicer but the OEM has been fine for me.
the material used on the OEm soft top is of the highest grade (expensive), I still have a cover for by CC which was custom made 35 years ago. IT WAS EXPENSIVE, it still is perfect today despite seeing 35 winters in CT. Same for the soft top travel cover for my 17 ft duckboat, its seen 20 yrs of CT winters and is perfect. the dame thing cost me a fortune to have made, the top installer said the material was over 1,000 (in 2002 dollars). all I do with both is every 3 yrs spray them with 303.
The OEM is a VERY VERY WELL MADE SOFT TOP.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the material used on the OEm soft top is of the highest grade (expensive), I still have a cover for by CC which was custom made 35 years ago. IT WAS EXPENSIVE, it still is perfect today despite seeing 35 winters in CT. Same for the soft top travel cover for my 17 ft duckboat, its seen 20 yrs of CT winters and is perfect. the dame thing cost me a fortune to have made, the top installer said the material was over 1,000 (in 2002 dollars). all I do with both is every 3 yrs spray them with 303.
The OEM is a VERY VERY WELL MADE SOFT TOP.
I agree that the soft top is well made. It exceeded my expectations actually.

That being said, my comments early about Bestop being "superior" is I think many folks have this viewpoint, even if it's just for aesthetics.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had both. I went with the Bestop because of aesthetics, wind noise, and strength in winter.I actually sold the OEM for more than I paid for the Bestop.

OEM - Came installed. Folds back farther. Can be completely removed in a minute or so. Flappy windows. Significantly louder. IMO ugly. Sagged enough under snow load to make me nervous and clear it every few hours during snowstorms.

Bestop- Much quieter at highway speeds. Material feels thicker/heavier duty. Better aesthetics IMO( though I would have liked less slant more like my highly anticipated TOR top). No flappy windows. Never worried about snow load (one storm put almost two feet in it overnight). Assembly was a PIA. Takes about 20 minutes to remove completely. The first time you take it all the way off will take even longer.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OEM - Sagged enough under snow load to make me nervous and clear it every few hours during snowstorms.
I had the opposite concerns on the snow load. I was quite impressed on how well it handled this. Keep in mind that the snow we get here is extremely wet and heavy too.

Held up awesome! This was from last year.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_0597

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the opposite concerns on the snow load. I was quite impressed on how well it handled this. Keep in mind that the snow we get here is extremely wet and heavy too.

IMG_0597.jpeg

Looking at that snow (as a Central Texan)
r9zd1obqfc9c4otsp3vjich&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE r9zd1obqfc9c4otsp3vjich&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w
They call it Sierra cement for reason out here lol

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s a valid point, however, what are OEM soft tops selling for? You’re kind of in a similar situation, where the Bestop is “more superior” (I assume) yet some folks prefer the OEM soft top.
If the BestTop folded all the way down to the top of the tailgate like the OEM does… I’d probably have one already.
Sponsored