Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How many of you that have ordered / planning to order already have an OEM MIC hard top? And how much are you planning to sell your OEM MIC hard top for? I'm in this scenario and on the fence whether I want to get the Turn hard top. Essentially, if I sell my MIC top for $3,000 it will only be a $2,000 upgrade for the Turn hard top. I'm just tired of dealing with the MIC top issues and I'm on my 4th hard top already (cracking, delaminating, leaking, etc.). In the long run, I'm going to spend an extra $2,000 one way or another. What do you plan on doing?:

-Option 1: Sell OEM MIC top for $3,000 and buy Turn Offroad top for $5,000. Net of $2,000 out of pocket.
- Option 2: $2,000 to paint the MIC top and hope the extra layers of primer and paint help hold it together more and not crack
- Option 3: $2,000 to Line-X smooth the top and hope this helps hold the MIC top together more and not crack.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many of you that have ordered / planning to order already have an OEM MIC hard top? And how much are you planning to sell your OEM MIC hard top for? I'm in this scenario and on the fence whether I want to get the Turn hard top. Essentially, if I sell my MIC top for $3,000 it will only be a $2,000 upgrade for the Turn hard top. I'm just tired of dealing with the MIC top issues and I'm on my 4th hard top already (cracking, delaminating, leaking, etc.). In the long run, I'm going to spend an extra $2,000 one way or another. What do you plan on doing?:

-Option 1: Sell OEM MIC top for $3,000 and buy Turn Offroad top for $5,000. Net of $2,000 out of pocket.
- Option 2: $2,000 to paint the MIC top and hope the extra layers of primer and paint help hold it together more and not crack
- Option 3: $2,000 to Line-X smooth the top and hope this helps hold the MIC top together more and not crack.
I can't imagine too many MIC top holders are the ones buying here. Its probably mostly those of us who switched tops to get our Broncos sooner and were promised an OEM solution that has yet to appear. It's bonkers to me that the fastest way to get a MIC top is to order another vehicle. Most of the MIC tops seem to be holding together alright, I guess time will tell right?

Option 1: I would not sell a MIC top for $3000, thats just giving money away, $4000-4500 seems more reasonable. I'm blown away at folks who have sucked it up and snagged them on the marketplace for $6500-7000 just to solve this issue.

Option 2&3 are pretty much the same, bet on the general idea of the MIC design, but reinforce the finish. We just don't know right now what year 5-7 will look like with these things.

Here I am deciding if I'm going to keep the soft top after the fact, probably not. I have absolutely nowhere to store a hard top if I take it off.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shouldn't cost you $2k to paint or Line-X. I realize you were trying to set one common denominator in the three options. Not sure how far along you are in the warranty window, but once you opt for paint or Line-X, your warranty on the MIC ends.

I would opt for option 2. If it is done correctly, it should alleviate any of the micro-cracking issues. Selling a painted MIC top, of course, limits potential buyers. But if you do opt for selling it later on and buy the TO top, the asking price for a painted MIC top will be higher than other MIC tops on the market.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TURN Todd : can you describe how the roof rack mounts/reinforcements work in regards to how OEM compatible roof racks that would mount? I'd like to assume any OEM compatible rack would also work with your hard top.

I do like the look of the Turn roof rack just fine as well, but I will very likely want those side mounts for pax so if those are in queue as add-ons to your roof rack that would be great to know. Seems like you have new bits being added every day right now.

EDIT: I see now on the deeper product page, it states compatibility with any OEM accessories. That's fantastic, but I'm not in a hurry. So I'm still curious what kinds of add-ons you have in store for your roof rack.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Option 1: I would not sell a MIC top for $3000, thats just giving money away, $4000-4500 seems more reasonable. I'm blown away at folks who have sucked it up and snagged them on the marketplace for $6500-7000 just to solve this issue.
When there were no aftermarket hardtop options, I think this would be correct. But now that this is available for $4,500, why would anyone pay that for a used inferior top?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When there were no aftermarket hardtop options, I think this would be correct. But now that this is available for $4,500, why would anyone pay that for a used inferior top?
That’s a valid point, however, what are OEM soft tops selling for? You’re kind of in a similar situation, where the Bestop is “more superior” (I assume) yet some folks prefer the OEM soft top.

Maybe it’s apples to oranges with this as I think the Bestop lacks some functionality, but it looks better. 🤷‍♂️

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not everyone is in tune with the aftermarket options and there is a ripe audience on FB Marketplace and others where dudes will do anything to appease their wives to find them a hardtop. Plus, some folks prefer OEM.

Once Turn has their full offerings available - I’ll likely flip my MIC. But, I have zero problems with my top. It’s quiet (enough), doesn’t leak and has zero finish flaws.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the help everyone on options regarding my current MIC top. I’m in Lot 7 for delivery from Turn, so have until mid-Feb to figure out what to do. I think those getting their tops in January from Turn and providing reviews will ultimately help me make my decision.

Happy New Year!

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just saying don't leave money on the table by pricing it absurdly low. There is demand.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just saying don't leave money on the table by pricing it absurdly low. There is demand.
I think that ship has sailed. I would think the only people willing to buy the OEM HT at 5~6k are people who HAVE to have the exact OEM top or people who want it NOW and will not wait.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that ship has sailed. I would think the only people willing to buy the OEM HT at 5~6k are people who HAVE to have the exact OEM top or people who want it NOW and will not wait.
Good point - There's always the group of people who want it yesterday, and are willing to pay "ADM" on a used MIC top for the ability to get it immediately.

Last edited: