Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Turn Offroad, I'm patiently waiting for more details. I can say I would happily pay in the neighborhood of ~$7k for an option with these features:
  • A power sliding ragtop would be great, but even a manual one like this: (https://www.sunroofsource.com/) would be a great option.
  • Integrated rack rails or rain rails for basic racks for surfboards/paddleboards/kayaks/etc.
  • Removable Windows (All 3) in the back + Pop out for ventilation
  • Integrated interior lighting (front/back/middle)
  • Integrated brake light and rear lighting (reverse/flood)
  • Top mounted wiper
  • Integrated storage above visors (sunglasses, etc)
  • Primed for paint.
  • Slightly sloped back (not a full fastback, but not squared)
My dream is to be able to have a stack of surfboards on the roof and be able to open things up without having to pull off and store panels, remove the the rack to fold a top back, etc. I'm so much happier with my Bronco vs my old JKU, but I keep looking over at that Sky one-touch...
Sponsored

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys,

We are excited to announce that we have started the process of building our own hardtop at Turn Offroad. We started the R&D process by chopping our OEM hard top down for engineering on our molds and thought you guys would be interested in seeing what a cross section of the OEM top looks like!

IMG_8587.jpg

Our top had better resin penetration than what we've seen from other photos circulating around.

I'm also interested in hearing opinions on options not currently available in the aftermarket. We hope to have a prototype within the next few weeks and to begin production shortly thereafter. Stay tuned for more progress photos of the process and ultimately photos of a working prototype!

**We will not be taking preorders, we will only begin selling our tops when they are in stock ready to ship**
How are you manufacturing your tops? Resin infused, press mold, post bonding of pre cured skins?

woodsman44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can tell you we are investing considerable time and resources into getting this done as soon as possible without compromising on quality. We've made great progress so far and barring any unforseen issues we should have tops available in 4-6 months.
hey Turn , are you guys still onboard with this time frame?...looking forward to seeing these in production

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Turn Offroad, I'm patiently waiting for more details. I can say I would happily pay in the neighborhood of ~$7k for an option with these features:
  • A power sliding ragtop would be great, but even a manual one like this: (https://www.sunroofsource.com/) would be a great option.
  • Integrated rack rails or rain rails for basic racks for surfboards/paddleboards/kayaks/etc.
  • Removable Windows (All 3) in the back + Pop out for ventilation
  • Integrated interior lighting (front/back/middle)
  • Integrated brake light and rear lighting (reverse/flood)
  • Top mounted wiper
  • Integrated storage above visors (sunglasses, etc)
  • Primed for paint.
  • Slightly sloped back (not a full fastback, but not squared)
My dream is to be able to have a stack of surfboards on the roof and be able to open things up without having to pull off and store panels, remove the the rack to fold a top back, etc. I'm so much happier with my Bronco vs my old JKU, but I keep looking over at that Sky one-touch...
We've got some of your goody list in the works! Slight slant to the rear of the top. Integrated roof rack mounting system that can also accommodate racks for the OEM tops, wiper option etc. It's likely we will release the simplest version of the top first and then add more and more goodies as we go along. The sliding ragtop would be on that list but we will be spending more time in R&D on that after the initial launch.

How are you manufacturing your tops? Resin infused, press mold, post bonding of pre cured skins?
We've experimented with all of the above over the years.
We're planning to use resin infusion for its higher glass content, better consistency and better strength. It is a great process for building hard tops when done correctly.

hey Turn , are you guys still onboard with this time frame?...looking forward to seeing these in production
We're hoping for a late October/ early November release date. (Barring any unforeseen supply delays). The reason we're not doing any renderings for presales is because we don't want to take any money/ deposits until we have a working product that's been tested and is ready to be produced.

Since the original posting the decision has been made to build the tops totally in house rather than contracting out certain parts of the process which has added some complexities to the project, we should be finished with our molds by the end of this month. We will definitely be making a big splash when we have photography and video to show.

We're working hard every day to move this project forward. We're excited to share what we've come up with!

Sponsored

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

woodsman44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've got some of your goody list in the works! Slight slant to the rear of the top. Integrated roof rack mounting system that can also accommodate racks for the OEM tops, wiper option etc. It's likely we will release the simplest version of the top first and then add more and more goodies as we go along. The sliding ragtop would be on that list but we will be spending more time in R&D on that after the initial launch.

We're planning to use resin infusion for its higher glass content, better consistency and better strength. It is a great process for building hard tops when done correctly.

We're hoping for a late October/ early November release date. (Barring any unforeseen supply delays). The reason we're not doing any renderings for presales is because we don't want to take any money/ deposits until we have a working product that's been tested and is ready to be produced.

Since the original posting the decision has been made to build the tops totally in house rather than contracting out certain parts of the process which has added some complexities to the project, we should be finished with our molds by the end of this month. We will definitely be making a big splash when we have photography and video to show.

We're working hard every day to move this project forward. We're excited to share what we've come up with!
Turn, thanks for being transparent, that means a lot in today's business world and thanks for No pre-sales which That Other company is doing and enjoying peoples interest after failing to provide there product which has been years..

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

<~~ Manufacturing Engineer with 20 years aerospace composite experience, you got an open position there?? Lol

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im late to the party but heres what would get my $$$

Rain channels/gutters
Prepainted/colored - have no relationships with body and paint shops locally and thats another level of trust and additional $$$ and time to spend. (EDIT - Not talking color matched with the body)
Lots of other features I would "like" but it seems like you have most covered or already mentioned.

My fear is trying to be one of the first, and then realizing later that another one comes out that I should have waited on.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im late to the party but heres what would get my $$$

Rain channels/gutters
Prepainted/colored - have no relationships with body and paint shops locally and thats another level of trust and additional $$$ and time to spend
Lots of other features I would "like" but it seems like you have most covered or already mentioned.

My fear is trying to be one of the first, and then realizing later that another one comes out that I should have waited on.
Pre-painted would be a nightmare of mismatched shades at the panel line of the body .

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My suggestion is you make a top like the Sky One-Touch for the Jeep. As far as I can tell there are no patents that would preclude you from doing this and it would be the first to market for the Bronco. As you can see from the picture I attached, the Sky-One Touch is not an especially complicated design and if you incorporated it into your top you could even have 2 different roof section offerings that are swappable so the rear and side windows stay the same but the top could be solid or sky-one touch.

IMG_5682.jpeg
This would allow for easy shipping and different tops. I would buy this with solid right now, if price is right, and give you more money when the sky rider top came available.

I would have my hard top and eventually my open top!

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pre-painted would be a nightmare of mismatched shades at the panel line of the body .
Guess I should have been more clear, not color matched with body, but the gray or black of some sort. Color molded, painted, whatever the process is. I just wouldn't be interested in receiving it, mounting it to take it to a shop and taking that risk/hassle.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any update @Turn Offroad ?
Sponsored