Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who's received their TOR top and washed it yet? Just curious how difficult it was to get the "greasy film" off the top? Any special tricks to get it off easily?

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone who's received their TOR top and washed it yet? Just curious how difficult it was to get the "greasy film" off the top? Any special tricks to get it off easily?
Dawn dish soap takes the shine off and is safe to use on the top 👍🏻.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nickyp1020

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: 12/22/23 Turn Offroad Hard tops are now available for sale!

Click Here to view on our website!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,

We are thrilled to announce a monumental milestone for Turn Offroad – the unveiling of our highly anticipated hard top prototype for the 2021+ Ford Bronco! Your enthusiasm and patience have been instrumental in this journey, and we are delighted to share this exciting news with our incredible community.

Please note: The images we're revealing today depict an early version of our hard top, lacking the final coating, hardware, hinges, and other refinements. Despite this, our prototype is already proving to be a game-changer in the industry!

Let me highlight the exceptional features that make our hard top stand out:

1. Superior Fitment and Reduced Road Noise: Our meticulously crafted 2-piece hard top ensures a seamless integration with your Ford Bronco, offering an unparalleled fitment. Bid farewell to bothersome road noise, thanks to a comprehensive sound deadening interior liner that covers the entire cabin, not just select spots like the OEM deadener.

2. Billet Aluminum Rack Mounts: The OEM design essentially uses two glued together panels as a rack mounting point. Our hard top boasts inset 6061 anodized aluminum anchor points at the OEM locations. This innovative approach enhances strength significantly, allowing you to mount any roof rack designed for the OEM hard top. It paves the way for future accessories and the option to reinforce mounting points internally with a "high load" kit, ensuring maximum stability.

3. Slant Back Design: The sleek slant back design not only adds a touch of style to the rear but also incorporates a spoiler, reinforcing the rear portion of the top for added strength and rigidity.

4. Unmatched Strength and Longevity: Our hard top is approximately 1.5 times heavier than the OEM version, enhancing its robustness and durability. Built using time-tested methods and materials from our product engineering background with Jeep hard tops, our design ensures enduring strength, with 25-year-old tops in perfect condition serving as a testament.

5. Future-Ready Accessories: We are committed to expanding your off-roading experience. Our hard top is designed to accommodate a variety of future accessories, including racks, vented/openable windows, a panoramic moon roof, dome lights, overhead consoles, and more!

In addition to groundbreaking performance, we understand the significance of affordability. Based on extensive research and costing analysis, we have set the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for our hard top at $4499. We anticipate commencing product shipments in mid to late December.

We express our deepest gratitude for your support and patience throughout this journey. Your passion drives our pursuit of excellence.

Stay tuned for updates as we refine the prototype to meet Turn Offroad's renowned standards. We are dedicated to delivering a superior product that exceeds your expectations.

If you'd like to check subscribe to our mailing list for updates please click here.

1-jpg.jpg

2-0-jpg.jpg

2-1-jpg.jpg

3-jpg.jpg

7-jpg.jpg

4-jpg.jpg

5-jpg.jpg

6-jpg.jpg

We're sure there will be a lot of questions! We will try to answer everyone here on the forum but feel free to email us at [email protected] and we will definitely get back to you.

2-1-jpg.jpg

3-jpg.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original 1st Post

Hey guys,

We are excited to announce that we have started the process of building our own hardtop at Turn Offroad. We started the R&D process by chopping our OEM hard top down for engineering on our molds and thought you guys would be interested in seeing what a cross section of the OEM top looks like!

IMG_8587.jpg

Our top had better resin penetration than what we've seen from other photos circulating around.

I'm also interested in hearing opinions on options not currently available in the aftermarket. We hope to have a prototype within the next few weeks and to begin production shortly thereafter. Stay tuned for more progress photos of the process and ultimately photos of a working prototype!

**We will not be taking preorders, we will only begin selling our tops when they are in stock ready to ship**
what are the dimensions of the larger rear piece?

Sponsored

rodmf

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Question about removing the top.

If I want to feel the wind, I'll take off that front top.

I was also planning on take the whole thing off on some special days. Is the back section meant to be taken off and put back on? I know that part will require more work--but how much?

Or is the back part pretty much supposed to stay on and then you just remove the front top if you want to go open air?

Thanks.

Looking forward to some white top pics, etc. I'm in line for one.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question about removing the top.

If I want to feel the wind, I'll take off that front top.

I was also planning on take the whole thing off on some special days. Is the back section meant to be taken off and put back on? I know that part will require more work--but how much?

Or is the back part pretty much supposed to stay on and then you just remove the front top if you want to go open air?

Thanks.

Looking forward to some white top pics, etc. I'm in line for one.
It’s definitely a removable hard top. However, it is heavier than the MIC top. But 3 bolts on each side of the cargo area and one bolt on the top brackets on each side, and you’re good to remove it. I actually think it’d be quicker than fully retracting the OEM soft top and removing all the windows.

2A_Actuary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the detail walk around and

Outstanding .
Thank you.
WE are about a month out from shipment and this is most appreciated.
What is/was your overall wait time? I'm a 2.5 Advance Fiberglass Concept guy that is at wits end.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is/was your overall wait time? I'm a 2.5 Advance Fiberglass Concept guy that is at wits end.
I waited almost a year with them, and ended up cancelling my order in the Fall. I put my name on the TOR waitlist, and it was about a month or so before they reached out and started taking formal orders, shipping out shortly after that.

Now the waitlist sounds like it's into early Summer time, however @Turn Offroad has mentioned they are working on additional molds, which should decrease that wait time/increase production.

Ultimately, TOR is a fantastic company with outstanding customer service. Their tops are "top" notch and I would reach out to them to get on their list ASAP.

Sponsored

Jander76

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll add I was early on the list and should be one of the early adopters, they have had some delays with customs that put me back a few weeks but the big win for them to me is that Todd communicates with me on the delay, with next expected update shipping date. They don't try to hide what is happening, it feels genuine and like they really are working on a known issue.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited almost a year with them, and ended up cancelling my order in the Fall. I put my name on the TOR waitlist, and it was about a month or so before they reached out and started taking formal orders, shipping out shortly after that.

Now the waitlist sounds like it's into early Summer time, however @Turn Offroad has mentioned they are working on additional molds, which should decrease that wait time/increase production.

Ultimately, TOR is a fantastic company with outstanding customer service. Their tops are "top" notch and I would reach out to them to get on their list ASAP.
I would say to those in a hurry, if you’re able to find a TOR dealer in your region to work with, they have a separate order system they’re running on. I used this method. I still got stuck in the delay, but they’ve done reasonably well at communicating and my local TOR dealer is on top of it. It’s hard to say exactly, but at the time I decided to go this route it saved me 4-6 weeks on an order directly with TOR. Just offering another option if folks are turned off by the wait.
Good Luck.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get your money back and go with TOR.

jakebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies if this was answered already, but do we know if the top will work with side window mounted accessories such as the TrailRax Pak Rax? Curious if this top allows for mounting a rack under the side windows. Thanks! @Turn Offroad @TURN Todd
Sponsored