Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using TOR's pad is a better idea : )

PaxRax may be a different story. I do want to know the fitting as well.
@Turn Offroad will be taking some pictures soon of their half rack installed on their hard top. They're super busy right now, but they let me know they'd get it installed shortly.
Sponsored

Demon4x4

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
demon4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here you are. This is a Trailrax roof rack. I will say it is overhang slightly
20240226_092824.jpg

Another problem with the one-piece front panel, is, as expected, you cannot take it off with the rack installed.
20240301_083511.jpg

Wind noise is acceptable with the rack.
Any interferance with the rear glass?

jakebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using TOR's pad is a better idea : )

PaxRax may be a different story. I do want to know the fitting as well.
Apologies if I am confused here but does this mean the TrailRax roof rack is still fully compatible/safe with the TOR hardtop? I was told earlier by TOR that all the mounting points will have the same capabilities as the OEM hardtop, but the messages above might tell a different story. I am 100% set on TrailRax with PackRax so if the TOR hardtop isnt compatible with roof racks other than TOR's own roof rack, it's a bit of a deal breaker for me.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies if I am confused here but does this mean the TrailRax roof rack is still fully compatible/safe with the TOR hardtop? I was told earlier by TOR that all the mounting points will have the same capabilities as the OEM hardtop, but the messages above might tell a different story. I am 100% set on TrailRax with PackRax so if the TOR hardtop isnt compatible with roof racks other than TOR's own roof rack, it's a bit of a deal breaker for me.
Sounds like the gap in the billet aluminum mounting point may be narrower than the OEM gap. I want to know how he addressed it. I'm not too worried about it myself, my plan would be use a box cutter to bevel the leading edge and then add some silicon lubricant to the pad to help slide it, im okay with it being tight.

Sponsored

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like the gap in the billet aluminum mounting point may be narrower than the OEM gap. I want to know how he addressed it. I'm not too worried about it myself, my plan would be use a box cutter to bevel the leading edge and then add some silicon lubricant to the pad to help slide it, im okay with it being tight.
Yes,sir. That is the right way. You can queeze it in. I Use a thin plastic trim removal tool to press the foam strip.

Last edited:

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry I cause the confusion.
I have the rack wo PaxRax. So I can say the rack is 100% compatible, not sure about the PaxRax because I dont have it.

Last edited:

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got it installed! First I know it has small tires and therefore not a "real" Bronco (even though "real" Broncos had even smaller tires 🤣 ), but I'm not an off roader and it got me out of ski area parking lots last winter when Subarus and other lesser SUVs had to be towed with a bulldozer. I agree with the other reviews on here, the top looks great and the quality is excellent. As you can see, the rubber seal between the rear window and swing gate fits perfectly. I didn't use the supplied rubber pads that get installed on top of the swing gate, the original ones seem to work great. I did have to reposition the OEM landing plates on top to get the holes to line up. It was not a problem, but something they may want to add to the install video. Note landing plates are supplied in case you don't have the hard top prep kit, I debated using these as they are smaller and lighter than the OEM plates. No reason to have extra weigth. Another very minor thing is the supplied washers are very small, little bigger than the bolt head. I plan on replacing with larger washers. While the mounting points seem plenty robust, remember it is fiberglass/composite material not steel. You don't want to over torque the bolts. For this reason I would do it by hand, not with a power driver like they show in the video. Overall great top, great company and outstanding customer service and communication.

IMG_20240306_085023733_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240306_085041839_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240306_085050166_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240306_085102983.jpg

IMG_20240306_085116158.jpg

IMG_20240306_085129963.jpg

IMG_20240306_085140700.jpg

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another very minor thing is the supplied washers are very small, little bigger than the bolt head. I plan on replacing with larger washers. While the mounting points seem plenty robust, remember it is fiberglass/composite material not steel. You don't want to over torque the bolts. For this reason I would do it by hand, not with a power driver like they show in the video.
I agree with you about the washers, however one correction. There is definitely a metal plate in the fiberglass where it bolts down in the rear. You will strip the mounting nuts before you hurt the top.

Not sure where else they reinforced and placed metal but it nice to know we have strong tops.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it installed! First I know it has small tires and therefore not a "real" Bronco (even though "real" Broncos had even smaller tires 🤣 ), but I'm not an off roader and it got me out of ski area parking lots last winter when Subarus and other lesser SUVs had to be towed with a bulldozer. I agree with the other reviews on here, the top looks great and the quality is excellent. As you can see, the rubber seal between the rear window and swing gate fits perfectly. I didn't use the supplied rubber pads that get installed on top of the swing gate, the original ones seem to work great. I did have to reposition the OEM landing plates on top to get the holes to line up. It was not a problem, but something they may want to add to the install video. Note landing plates are supplied in case you don't have the hard top prep kit, I debated using these as they are smaller and lighter than the OEM plates. No reason to have extra weigth. Another very minor thing is the supplied washers are very small, little bigger than the bolt head. I plan on replacing with larger washers. While the mounting points seem plenty robust, remember it is fiberglass/composite material not steel. You don't want to over torque the bolts. For this reason I would do it by hand, not with a power driver like they show in the video. Overall great top, great company and outstanding customer service and communication.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_20240306_085140700

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_20240306_085140700

Looks good on the gray!

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with you about the washers, however one correction. There is definitely a metal plate in the fiberglass where it bolts down in the rear. You will strip the mounting nuts before you hurt the top.

Not sure where else they reinforced and placed metal but it nice to know we have strong tops.
Thanks for the info, good to know.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope @Turn Offroad doesn’t mind me sharing these here, as I know other’s had similar inquiries as I did on how their half rack would fit/look on their new TOR hardtop.

The guys were awesome in installing it on their Bronco, and providing some pictures. I’m sold on this now - Looks amazing!

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_0138

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_0139

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_0140

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_0141
Sponsored