Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nostalgia aside the turning radius is what I miss the most about my 86 Bronco. For such a large vehicle it was a cinch to parallel park or do u turns
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know OP is asking for standard turning radius but immediately got me thinking about the trail turn assist. YMMV based on where you use this but if on deep sand... I don't think there is anything stock that comes anywhere near as close as this... at least not that I've ever seen.

bronco-trail-turn-gif.gif

I've also seen some videos from the offrodeo where they made a very tight turn on a trail using the feature.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having a gimmecky "trail turn assist" feature seems like it might not be as good as a Wrangler unfortunately...
Trail turn assist is a game changer.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My speculation: the Rubicon gets a Jeep version of trail turn assist in the next 3 years.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having a gimmecky "trail turn assist" feature seems like it might not be as good as a Wrangler unfortunately...
Seems quite a few Jeep owners are forced to modify this gimmick into their Jeep’s themselves because their vehicles don’t have an adequate turning radius.

Sponsored

goodolboydws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 LTD CV/'87 Cntry SQ/'86 B2 4WD/MF135/FORD2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unfortunately wont be available with the manual trans. I believe that turning feature was inspired by tractors with dual brake pedals. one pedal for the brake on the corresponding side. If you have driven one and held one brake pedal to the floor it would easily cut turning radius in half being able to drag that rear inside tire.
That's where they got the idea from and kept it going. Went to the first tracked tractors turning the same way, latest incarnation is a skid steer's steering.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately wont be available with the manual trans. I believe that turning feature was inspired by tractors with dual brake pedals. one pedal for the brake on the corresponding side. If you have driven one and held one brake pedal to the floor it would easily cut turning radius in half being able to drag that rear inside tire.
This is Only By Choice, as FoMoCo could implement it on MT equipped Broncos.
(all tractors were MT up until fairly recently.... and they could do it because it's a Braking Function and Not a Transmission Function...)

FoMoCo (as far as I can smize) is ONLY doing this to get buyers to Not Buy a Bronco with a MT.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello Forum. I "ordered" an Outer Banks about a month ago, and have been lurking a bit here. Searching the forum and other places, I still don't see the original question answered anywhere. Turning circle anyone?
Sponsored