Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I regrettably did not.

The Jeep pushed me to build the Samurai instead of thrashing my poor Bronco. I'm making a 14 hour round trip tomorrow to pick up yota axles, e-lockers, and 38s on beadlocks.
Well, that escalated quickly 😆. Not a bad idea... I'm still building my 69 to be a dedicated crawler. The A/C in my 6G sure is nice for crawling in the 5 months we get heat indexes over 100, though!

Make sure you grease the tire tread because with 38s on a zuk the front tires might rub the rear ones 😜

Thanks for sharing the awesome pics! Other than the rock who's name shall not be spoken, it looks like a great adventure!

In light of the ABS/Computer controlled "goodness", you might want to look into splicing waterproof connectors to the two wires going to each locker and the pair that go to the swaybar disconnect.

Just run a few well places micro-toggle switches in the cab with whatever voltage the Can-Bus is sending to the lockers (measure voltage to each while engaged to find out) and sway-bar disconnects and then individually to each locker and the disconnect. They are just dongles near the splices with their own waterproof plug.

Next time the ABS/computer disables these, just unplug the waterproof connectors and and swap them out for the waterproof connectors fed from the toggle switches. It would at least give you the ability to manually engage when this inevitably happens again.

Disclaimer: For offroad use only ;)
Just be sure to not use TTA if you do this 😳
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dayummm. You said rock. That looks more like a Boulder.

Those 40’s make 35’s look so tiny. Nice pics.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, that escalated quickly 😆. Not a bad idea... I'm still building my 69 to be a dedicated crawler. The A/C in my 6G sure is nice for crawling in the 5 months we get heat indexes over 100, though!

Make sure you grease the tire tread because with 38s on a zuk the front tires might rub the rear ones 😜

Just be sure to not use TTA if you do this 😳
Ha! I'm looking to stretch it out to about 105" WB, that's +25". 10 in the back, 15 up front or so.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ha! I'm looking to stretch it out to about 105" WB, that's +25". 10 in the back, 15 up front or so.
Wow, you have some work to do! I assume that front stretch puts you into full hydro steering?

There was some debate in Hot Springs last week about what year Ultimate Adventure came to Hot Springs to christen their namesake trail and I knew we had the DVD from that year (2003) so I watched that part and guess what happened. Jeeps do it too 😁
Ford Bronco Two Broncos and a Jeep Run Compressor Trail vlcsnap-2022-05-22-21h54m07s476

Ford Bronco Two Broncos and a Jeep Run Compressor Trail vlcsnap-2022-05-22-21h53m57s265

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, you have some work to do! I assume that front stretch puts you into full hydro steering?

There was some debate in Hot Springs last week about what year Ultimate Adventure came to Hot Springs to christen their namesake trail and I knew we had the DVD from that year (2003) so I watched that part and guess what happened. Jeeps do it too 😁
Ford Bronco Two Broncos and a Jeep Run Compressor Trail vlcsnap-2022-05-22-21h53m57s265

I'm going to try to keep a steering box. Going links and C/Os up front so that helps. Still need a little frame extension I think.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.