First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guys in the national guard were somehow medically restricted. Don't ask me how that works.
The biggest open secret in the military is guys telling each other how to raise their disability rating to the magic number .

I was recently sent instructions on how to join the burn pit registry even after telling the sender I was never near a burn pit.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My dad got screwed by the Aerospace Workers Union and after a lengthy court battle received $65K in back pension (less uncle sams cut) and the lawyer made even more as they were forced to pay legal fees.

I am working a 6 figure job, drawing (and still paying, as is my employer) SSN and receive a $256 per month union pension. Had I stayed with the union for 30 years I would have received a whopping $1,200 something per month pension. Thanks, but my 401K is a lot nicer.

The funny part is, our local president ended up in the state pen where his father and grandfather (both past local presidents) spent a huge portion of their lives for embezzlement.

But they did not hold a candle to these ass-hats:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/28/united-auto-workers-blew-one-million-cigars-golf-restaurants/

Best of all, its good to be a donor to the right political party:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2021/09/10/corr-s10.html

Last edited:

Justb211

Raptor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The biggest open secret in the military is guys telling each other how to raise their disability rating to the magic number .

I was recently sent instructions on how to join the burn pit registry even after telling the sender I was never near a burn pit.
There are people 100% sc that never deployed and was on desk duty and others with multiple deployments that are struggling to get a higher sc. then the 100% day they can’t work but work out every day in the gym and live a very active life style.

Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The UAW will eventually destroy the remaining US Auto companies. They're just as greedy as most on here think the auto companies are. I have an uncle that worked for GM for 25 years and retired in this 40's with a fat UAW negotiated pension. It made me sick to hear all the benefits he received for doing no more than people in similar production jobs.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m sorry Mr. Smith, but your position has been replaced by AI and advanced robotics. Who, may I mention, will happily work 168 hours per week with no pay, OT or DT, don’t require benefits, never call in sick, are never late, don’t take lunches, don’t file worker comp claims, and are consistent and 100% accurate all day, every day. Oh, since they’re not part of any union, our shareholders are ecstatic because our profit margins just skyrocketed. Our customers (hopefully there’s still a few who can afford our products), are celebrating as we can satisfy all orders timely and efficiently and with the highest level of quality and safety.

This is the only way manufacturing will remain in this country. And if you think the day will ever come when corporations put the interest of their employees before shareholder profits, you need to wake up.
I am non union, but I was going to post something the other day on this topic as it is and will impact my career in the short term, I was in some meetings last week and the AI and automation movement is a very legit topic that is 100% on the radars of the "C" suite wing and how to incorporate it or be left behind. I am talking a large swath of the current labor market that will have to make a shift. If you work in technology or around technology, the hyper acceleration is here.

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who do you think really pays for the increased wages and benefits? we do... all us goobers that pay too much for our vehicles. Ford doesn't lose a dime. So the employees get higher pay and it gets eaten up by paying higher costs for the vehicle and services. What a win. :(
Ford pays dearly in lost sales due to vehicle pricing. It’s no secret that Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Genesis, Lexus, Acura, etc., are better quality for less money. And that too gets passed on to us.

Once again, I urge you to watch the documentary, “American Factory”. As a Detroit kid with UAW on every side of the family, I can tell you firsthand… well, watch it for yourself.

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am non union, but I was going to post something the other day on this topic as it is and will impact my career in the short term, I was in some meetings last week and the AI and automation movement is a very legit topic that is 100% on the radars of the "C" suite wing and how to incorporate it or be left behind. I am talking a large swath of the current labor market that will have to make a shift. If you work in technology or around technology, the hyper acceleration is here.
If there’s anything that’s accelerating this it’s the general lack of work ethic and entitlement in the US. The “I want to make more but work less” attitude will only go so far here.

Sponsored

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Back in the early late 1980’s my good friend and former Ford executive, Tom Zorn (RIP), was put in charge of the still conceptual Lincoln Mark VIII, Ford’s flagship luxury performance sedan.

Tom’s team acuired a Lexus LS400 as soon they were released. The team dismantled the new Lexus sedan and compared every part, the design, etc., to the current Mark VII which would carry over to the Mark VIII.

Tom’s presentation to the board began with, “Ladies and gentlemen, we are absolutely screwed.“

In Tom’s telling, every singe part - down to the screws that held the glove compartment in place - was superior to what Ford was sourcing. And the kicker - the Lexus was a few thousand dollars cheaper.

Tom complained in private that the UAW was restricting Ford’s ability to stay competitive.

From Motor Trend:

“Few cars can brag about making the thunderous shockwaves the original Lexus LS sent across the automotive industry. Unveiled at the 1989 Detroit Auto Show after a lengthy, no-expenses-spared development process, it sent executives from rival brands running back to their respective board rooms to completely overhaul their product plans. The LS defined the Lexus identity, and the torch it lit has passed through the hands of four generations of flagship sedans developed to topple the Germans.”

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with @flip, it’s high noon and the first casualty is the mercantilist selling the wares the two dualists spinning pistols produce or provide. One sets the stakes, the other ups them. Good luck figuring out which is which.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't say what I think about Unions, I'd catch a timeout here.

Noone be shocked at the next massive price increase across much of the Ford lineup.
It's crazy that this is a prevailing opinion. Prices go up based on what car companies think we will pay, cost is left way behind by the final price. Furthermore, if unions were the source of the problem then vehicles from non-union plants would be cheaper than their competitors, which is not the case. The non-union Tundra MSRP is more expensive than a union F-150 or Silverado at almost every comparable trim level, for example.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in the early late 1980’s my good friend and former Ford executive, Tom Zorn (RIP), was put in charge of the still conceptual Lincoln Mark VIII, Ford’s flagship luxury performance sedan.

Tom’s team acuired a Lexus LS400 as soon they were released. The team dismantled the new Lexus sedan and compared every part, the design, etc., to the current Mark VII which would carry over to the Mark VIII.

Tom’s presentation to the board began with, “Ladies and gentlemen, we are absolutely screwed.“

In Tom’s telling, every singe part - down to the screws that held the glove compartment in place - was superior to what Ford was sourcing. And the kicker - the Lexus was a few thousand dollars cheaper.

Tom complained in private that the UAW was restricting Ford’s ability to stay competitive.

From Motor Trend:

“Few cars can brag about making the thunderous shockwaves the original Lexus LS sent across the automotive industry. Unveiled at the 1989 Detroit Auto Show after a lengthy, no-expenses-spared development process, it sent executives from rival brands running back to their respective board rooms to completely overhaul their product plans. The LS defined the Lexus identity, and the torch it lit has passed through the hands of four generations of flagship sedans developed to topple the Germans.”
That's funny because every Lexus LS ever made was built with union labor. The folks on the line demanding a fair cut of profits are not the problem.

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously, you’ve never worked on the management side or in an executive position. Profits (which you call greed) are necessary for a company to weather the downturns, invest in new technology, update plants, invest in research and development and, again, weather the inevitable storms - which our automakers seem to be incapable of doing.

Because of several issues, including the added costs if unionization, the US taxpayer has had to bail out the automakers more than once. The Detroit Three’s ability to manage through the regular downturns in business is hamstrung by the unions ridiculous staffing rules, legacy costs and their well documented corruption.

The US automakers have roughly half the money to invest in R&D, falling billions of dollars short of the money Volkswagen, Daimler and Toyota have to invest. Without R&D, the US automakers will, once again, fall far behind their Asian and Eurooean competitors.

As they said in the 1980’s, “Will the last person out of Detroit please turn out the lights”.
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/automobile-companies-and-rd:-top-5-spenders-2021-07-14
I've actually been on both sides. You're correct profits do go to all those things. When
Obviously, you’ve never worked on the management side or in an executive position. Profits (which you call greed) are necessary for a company to weather the downturns, invest in new technology, update plants, invest in research and development and, again, weather the inevitable storms - which our automakers seem to be incapable of doing.

Because of several issues, including the added costs if unionization, the US taxpayer has had to bail out the automakers more than once. The Detroit Three’s ability to manage through the regular downturns in business is hamstrung by the unions ridiculous staffing rules, legacy costs and their well documented corruption.

The US automakers have roughly half the money to invest in R&D, falling billions of dollars short of the money Volkswagen, Daimler and Toyota have to invest. Without R&D, the US automakers will, once again, fall far behind their Asian and Eurooean competitors.

As they said in the 1980’s, “Will the last person out of Detroit please turn out the lights”.
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/automobile-companies-and-rd:-top-5-spenders-2021-07-14
I think this take is a bad joke, when cost of living adjustments have been in hold since 2007, THATS greed.
Sponsored