Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No issues at all.
I think more so the question is - width. A lot of the 12.5” wide tires suggest at least 8” wide wheels. Doubtful a 1/2” makes a difference on the road…

I’m torn on tires at the moment. KO2 at 34x10.5 or AT3 at 35x11.5.
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think more so the question is - width. A lot of the 12.5” wide tires suggest at least 8” wide wheels. Doubtful a 1/2” makes a difference on the road…

I’m torn on tires at the moment. KO2 at 34x10.5 or AT3 at 35x11.5.
It definitely looks close on the inside. I haven’t gotten an alignment yet so it should be fixed with the alignment. Drove it around looking for a place to get it aligned (i found that most tire stores : Firestone, tire kingdom, tires plus…CANNOT align 21 Broncos- they do not have the specs yet). No issues with turns, no rubbing at all and drive as smooth as stock even with the level kit and new tires….was very surprised because when i did that to my Jeep you can tell a big difference in how it handled. Hoping to get an alignment on Thursday to see if it helps with the clearance (see the pic).

E0B361A2-5811-41ED-AF5C-A36B1E3E0F8A.jpeg

DEF3ECE7-C4C0-49B7-8740-4C98213EBEDB.jpeg

6CB04A98-02AE-4C3A-A93C-4F7ECEE38F94.jpeg

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 6CB04A98-02AE-4C3A-A93C-4F7ECEE38F94

Love the way the steelies look! Not so happy they gave us crap 6 ply tires on it
This is the first time I've heard that the grabbers are "crap". Are you just saying that due to the ply count? Or some other reason? I really haven't heard any complaints on them.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the first time I've heard that the grabbers are "crap". Are you just saying that due to the ply count? Or some other reason? I really haven't heard any complaints on them.
Sorry I should have emphasized. Grabbers are not bad tires themselves but the 6 ply rating is what is crap. I only like to run 10 ply on off road trails for better puncture resistance on sidewall.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry I should have emphasized. Grabbers are not bad tires themselves but the 6 ply rating is what is crap. I only like to run 10 ply on off road trails for better puncture resistance on sidewall.
Makes complete sense. K02s are 10 ply right?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Makes complete sense. K02s are 10 ply right?
They make 10 ply tires just like Grabber can come in 10 ply too. It would depend on which rating you buy. Most tire companies make different ply tires of the same line so people who don't go off road can get less ply which is usually a better ride on the pavement.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They make 10 ply tires just like Grabber can come in 10 ply too. It would depend on which rating you buy. Most tire companies make different ply tires of the same line so people who don't go off road can get less ply which is usually a better ride on the pavement.
10 plys get a lot of bad press on this forum, but I'm with you. Never had a tire ruining event with 10 plys, can't say the same about others. And I don't believe ride quality is that much different, properly inflated.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Hkak45. Sounds like you know what works best for you, and are pretty adamant about it. So the following is aimed more at members that may be trying to figure out what will be best for them.

I off-road A LOT, and routinely run LT C load (6 ply) tires without any sidewall issues. There’s a lot more to tire toughness than the number of plys, and the number of plys has little to do with sidewall strength. For example, in the same tire line, a P and a LT C load tire probably both have 6 plys, but the LT will have thicker and stronger side walls. I would never run a P rated tire on anything more than a gravel road. Also, another thing to consider is the typical trail conditions you wheel and your style of driving. If you’re into mudding and/or have a heavy foot on the gas, a 10 ply might be the best choice. If you’re into rock crawling, a 6 ply tire will conform better to the terrain when aired down and helps smooth out the bumps. If you’re into “overlanding” and carry tons of gear, than a 10 ply makes a lot of sense. There’s pros and cons all around. What works for, or is preferred, by one person, may not be the best choice for another. There is a TON of good information (from companies and people that “eat, sleep and breath tires) out there for selecting the best tire for your new Bronco.

I upsized (33s) the tires on my 2 door BD but stuck with C load (6 ply) tires, as I know they’ll work really well for how I’ll use my Bronco. If GT offered the ATx (factory tire for the BD) in a LT 285/70R17 C load, I probably would have bought them. Since they don’t, I decided to try Falken’s A/TW3.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Hkak45. Sounds like you know what works best for you, and are pretty adamant about it. So the following is aimed more at members that may be trying to figure out what will be best for them.

I off-road A LOT, and routinely run LT C load (6 ply) tires without any sidewall issues. There’s a lot more to tire toughness than the number of plys, and the number of plys has little to do with sidewall strength. For example, in the same tire line, a P and a LT C load tire probably both have 6 plys, but the LT will have thicker and stronger side walls. I would never run a P rated tire on anything more than a gravel road. Also, another thing to consider is the typical trail conditions you wheel and your style of driving. If you’re into mudding and/or have a heavy foot on the gas, a 10 ply might be the best choice. If you’re into rock crawling, a 6 ply tire will conform better to the terrain when aired down and helps smooth out the bumps. If you’re into “overlanding” and carry tons of gear, than a 10 ply makes a lot of sense. There’s pros and cons all around. What works for, or is preferred, by one person, may not be the best choice for another. There is a TON of good information (from companies and people that “eat, sleep and breath tires) out there for selecting the best tire for your new Bronco.

I upsized (33s) the tires on my 2 door BD but stuck with C load (6 ply) tires, as I know they’ll work really well for how I’ll use my Bronco. If GT offered the ATx (factory tire for the BD) in a LT 285/70R17 C load, I probably would have bought them. Since they don’t, I decided to try Falken’s A/TW3.
Solid response. I have been spending TOO MUCH time researching tires the past week. Right now I think I am going with the 34x10.5R17LT D KO2s. Nice and narrow, adding 2" plus the 1" from the Bilsteins...should fill the wheel well nicely...they friggin' pricey though at $400 a pop.

Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Solid response. I have been spending TOO MUCH time researching tires the past week. Right now I think I am going with the 34x10.5R17LT D KO2s. Nice and narrow, adding 2" plus the 1" from the Bilsteins...should fill the wheel well nicely...they friggin' pricey though at $400 a pop.
Ouch that is pricey, but they will look awesome! I was considering Mickey Thompson's 33x12.50 R17 (D Load) Baja ATs, but decided to go with a different, less expensive, and easier to find tire. I think a D load tire will be a great in between tire for the Bronco. Just wish there were more options with that load rating. You'll have to post pictures when you get them.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stupid question. What ply is stock tires on black diamond non sas ?
Are they considered a good tire ?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stupid question. What ply is stock tires on black diamond non sas ?
Are they considered a good tire ?
I think they are 6 ply. Overall, i think they are pretty decent as far as i have heard.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands