Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anybody here been reading this other thread? He seems really unhappy with the number of rocks the General Grabbers are picking up in his gravel driveway...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-on-my-black-diamond-bronco.19068/post-686327

Living in Arizona, all my tires get rocks in them (and all my windshields🤣🤣). Is this some bigger issue I don't understand? Why don't you just have a stick or something to pick them out once in a while?

I didn't want to sound like a snarky ass, so I didn't comment over there. But since this thread is a bunch of future General Grabber owners, I thought y'all could add some thoughts for me.
I've never had this problem while cruising the mall.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok. So I can see wanting the better crawl ratio if we're planning on rock crawling, but what specifically would "on demand" 4x4 do for me?
My truck came with a 4H transfer case and I specifically went through the trouble of converting it to 4A. 4H is not to be used on pavement. So now in the winter I put the truck in 4A and leave it there for a few months. If roads get slippery, it adjusts power front to rear as needed. Without it, you'd be switching back and forth from 2H to 4H as surface conditions change. And since the Bronco doesn't have a limited slip, 2H is just one wheel drive, which is worthless in slick conditions.

Totally worth it in Iowa.

you’re going to get that to some extent on all A/T tires, I don’t care what certain people say. Only way you’re going to avoid that is an all season tire, like the obx or bb have.
Depends on the A/T tire, some are worse than others. The Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 (not the Bridgestone that comes on the Bronco) has a draft angle on the tread blocks that prevents rocks from getting trapped.

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 1625851618214

The Generals pictured in the other thread have near vertical tread blocks that grab and hold gravel very well.

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 1625851652049

echance01

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hoping someone can definitively clarify for me…

Looking at getting a 2dr BD as is. Im am on the B&P site and it says the 2 door models have heated seats “included”. But also see further down adding the Mid package gives you the heated seats.

My question is: If I get a 2 door black diamond will I get heated seats or do I need to add the mid package?

Thanks!

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking at getting a 2dr BD as is. Im am on the B&P site and it says the 2 door models have heated seats “included”. But also see further down adding the Mid package gives you the heated seats.

My question is: If I get a 2 door black diamond will I get heated seats or do I need to add the mid package?

Thanks!
It's one of many B&P blunders. All the trim levels describe the seats as heated, but a couple of people who received Broncos confirmed they are not.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@NoDoorsNoProblem, so happy I found this thread. The Velocity Blue 2 door in here is what I'm ordering. Just need to tell my wife first!
The ONLY good thing about not having a VIN yet was being able to switch my 2 dr from cactus to VB last month after seeing colors in person.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only heated with the mid package. Not standard equipment unfortunately. (One of the only things that disappointed me with the BD/7spd combo).

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thanks!
need mid package

Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My truck came with a 4H transfer case and I specifically went through the trouble of converting it to 4A. 4H is not to be used on pavement. So now in the winter I put the truck in 4A and leave it there for a few months. If roads get slippery, it adjusts power front to rear as needed. Without it, you'd be switching back and forth from 2H to 4H as surface conditions change. And since the Bronco doesn't have a limited slip, 2H is just one wheel drive, which is worthless in slick conditions.

Totally worth it in Iowa.
Totally worth it in Wisconsin as well. The rear locker and the availability of the advanced transfer case is what brought me to the BD. It is the ultimate value utilitarian version. I do wish I could get heated seats (I have the 7m on order.) but the aftermarket will take care of this.

The Bronco does have "limited slip" in the front and rear. The ABS system will brake the spinning wheel. This even works with the traction control off. With a set of winter tires I rarely need 4wd in the winter with my Xterra. Still, I miss the 4A of my old '96 Explorer Sport.

If I win the lottery with my October reservation I'll find out how wise a soft top is in a Wisconsin winter. The Xterra is pushing 220k and I don't want to buy a used vehicle with the inflated prices right now. (I made the switch with the announcement of the prep kit.) I do still have the tow package sin.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You should drive them both. If I didn't want MT, I would have a hard time deciding. A few people have said the 2.7 is better, but not enough better to offset the initial purchase cost or the long term gas mileage cost.
I agree with driving both but the long term gas mileage cost on the non Sas BD is actually better with the 2.7.

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been asking everybody...
What does the Adv 4x4 really give me with the 7spdMT?
Seconding everyone here with the support for the 4A. I have it in my Canyon and use it all the time even in Georgia, where it will torrentially rain. On wet surfaces, especially in a pickup with not a lot of weight over the rear axle, it’s easy to kick the tires loose at a stoplight or at a turn when the roads are soaked. I’m sure it will be a bit better in an SUV like the Bronco, but it’s a great feature to add safety and peace of mind when driving on-road in treacherous conditions.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree with driving both but the long term gas mileage cost on the non Sas BD is actually better with the 2.7.
That makes no sense.🙃
Everything I've seen from Ford and government shows the 2.3 getting a mile or two better on a similarly equipped Bronco.🤔

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That makes no sense.🙃
Everything I've seen from Ford and government shows the 2.3 getting a mile or two better on a similarly equipped Bronco.🤔
If I read the mpg chart Ford released correctly the non Sas BD 2.3 is 18 city 18 hwy and 18 combined. The Non Sas BD 2.7 is 18 city 20 hwy and 19 combined.
Sponsored