First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was wondering about the perimeter alarm. What exactly is it and is it for sure on the base.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Itā€™s definitely mentioned in hereā€¦ I remember scrolling by it:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/owners-manual-for-2021-bronco-download-here-šŸ“–.17439/

And itā€™s listed as standard on the Base. I posted the screen cap earlier in this thread.
The only thing the manual mentions is the remote start won't work if the perimeter alarm is sounding. There's no mention of what it is exactly. Also, there is a perimeter alarm available as an accessory, which makes me wonder why do they sell it as an accessory if it comes standard on all models.

I did find this but still confused as to why it's offered as an accessory: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...&userMarket=GBR&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, I can see the first thing I'm doing when I get my Bronco home is to download the FORSCAN modules and start disabling stuff.

Sponsored

jmjoyas

Big Bend
First Name
Joyas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSport, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8, 2010 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From the packaging guide:

Base:
Ford Co-Pilot360ā„¢ technology āˆ’ Auto High-Beam Headlamps āˆ’ Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Pedestrian Detection and Forward Collision Warning with Dynamic Brake Support āˆ’ Rear View Camera with backup assist grid lines
Mid package:
Ford Co-Pilot360ā„¢ ā€” Auto High Beams ā€” BLISĀ® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert ā€” Lane-Keeping System (Lane-Keeping Aid, Lane-Keeping Alert, Driver Alert System) ā€” Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Pedestrian Detection and Forward Collision Warning with Dynamic Brake Support ā€” Rear View Camera with backup assist grid lines
So, looks like Mid package is adding BLIS and lane keeping system.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you ever had a car with automatic braking. It shouldnā€™t be super noticeable unless youā€™re a bad driver.
We're discussing limitations imposed on drivers while we're in the woods or rock crawling. Sorry if you misunderstood.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mid size Bronco does not have lane centering or Stop and Go ACC available like the little sport does.
Thank god. Those both sound annoying and I have no interest in paying for them.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're discussing limitations imposed on drivers while we're in the woods or rock crawling. Sorry if you misunderstood.
Iā€™ve off roaded way back in the mountains with two vehicles with automated emergency braking. I think itā€™s helpful to realize itā€™s not for low-speed accident mitigation. It uses a camera to slow your speed by 10-15 miles an hour in the event of a high speed collision.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever had a car with automatic braking. It shouldnā€™t be super noticeable unless youā€™re a bad driver.
Before I turned it off, my Ram 1500 used to panic brake every time I tried to back into my driveway because it detected the transition from the asphalt street to the concrete driveway as "OMG! He's trying to back me into a wall!"

That might have been resolved in a later software update, but I wouldn't know since I turned it off and haven't turned it back on since. I don't hit things backing up anyway, so it was a kind of useless feature.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I turned it off, my Ram 1500 used to panic brake every time I tried to back into my driveway because it detected the transition from the asphalt street to the concrete driveway as "OMG! He's trying to back me into a wall!"

That might have been resolved in a later software update, but I wouldn't know since I turned it off and haven't turned it back on since. I don't hit things backing up anyway, so it was a kind of useless feature.
That does sound annoying. I will admit that Iā€™ve never had reverse automatic braking. The Bronco doesnā€™t mention it, so Iā€™d assume it doesnā€™t include it. Radar/Lidar has proven to be problematic and vision-based systems seem more intuitive somehow.

pjwalker

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 67 Mustang, 08 landcruiser, 14 BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this is a old post but I was wondering the same, here is my Window sticker for Base Bronco. Love the base with sasquatch, just the basics,

Ford Bronco Unclear what "standard" features are in all models IMG_8090

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, those documents are unclear. They say the base includes:

ā€¢ Ford Co-Pilot360ā„¢ technology āˆ’ Auto High-Beam Headlamps āˆ’ Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Pedestrian Detection and Forward Collision Warning with Dynamic Brake Support āˆ’ Rear View Camera with backup assist grid lines

But it also says those are added in the mid package. So I'm confused. A window sticker would help.

Ford is weird in how they describe things. Yes, Ford Co-Pilot360 is STANDARD for all Broncos. The capability of Ford Co-Pilot360 is different. For the MID+ package they say the following: notice the difference? They are essentially very long SKU ID's. One includes BLIS, Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System the other doesn't.

• Ford Co-Pilot360ā„¢: Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), BLISĀ® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam Headlamps, and Rear View Camera with Backup Assist Grid Lines

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford is weird in how they describe things. Yes, Ford Co-Pilot360 is STANDARD for all Broncos. The capability of Ford Co-Pilot360 is different. For the MID+ package they say the following: notice the difference? They are essentially very long SKU ID's. One includes BLIS, Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System the other doesn't.

• Ford Co-Pilot360ā„¢: Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), BLISĀ® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam Headlamps, and Rear View Camera with Backup Assist Grid Lines
Why are you responding to a post from 2.5 years ago?