Sponsored

Uncomfortable front seats! What is the solution?

huck2080

Black Diamond
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me, it isn't my back per se, it's my shoulders. Coming from a BMW 328 with leather bucket seats, the flat seat isn't providing any support for my shoulders as my arms stretch out to the steering wheel, resulting in upper-back/shoulder pain after a few hours.

Certainly not a problem enough to get rid of my Bronco, but my one complaint.
did you pull the steering wheel closer ?
Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue. Glad to know I’m not alone. It’s 100 percent the bottom seat cushion angle for me. It leans forward just a bit too much. Drives me crazy.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Y'all!

I have a 2022 4dr Badlands Lux w/ MGV(Took delivery June 2022 and put 27k miles on it already). It has manual seat adjustments and I can get it to "comfortable enough" but on drives of 1hr+ I get pretty bad back pain. I did a 9hr straight drive and my back hurt for like 2 weeks afterwards 🤦

For comparison sake, I had a 2019 Mustang Bullitt before this and I could take it on 4hr+ drives with no pain.

I'm not an ergonomics expert, so I'm not quite sure what the source of this discomfort is. Has anyone else had a similar experience and a fix?

I'm open to the idea of replacing the whole seat, if that's what it takes 😂 I love my Bronco and would like to keep it for a very long time... But if I can't solve this, I might have to trade it for something else 😔
my 2021 bd 4dr 2.7l soft tpo sas seats are great ?
try moving the lumber as others mentioned
im 5 10 222 lbs

Jok3r

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark O.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Flew to DFW on a Friday morning and picked up my new 2023 BD Manual 2-door, drove the 1,200 miles back to Richmond Va (18 hours non-stop), never had an issue with the seats...I'm 58 years old. Maybe you are better in a lower-to-the-ground seating position of a mustang. I doubt you will be able to duplicate that feel in a Bronco.

Sponsored

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lok at seat cushions from the Cushion Lab.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Y'all!

I have a 2022 4dr Badlands Lux w/ MGV(Took delivery June 2022 and put 27k miles on it already). It has manual seat adjustments and I can get it to "comfortable enough" but on drives of 1hr+ I get pretty bad back pain. I did a 9hr straight drive and my back hurt for like 2 weeks afterwards 🤦

For comparison sake, I had a 2019 Mustang Bullitt before this and I could take it on 4hr+ drives with no pain.

I'm not an ergonomics expert, so I'm not quite sure what the source of this discomfort is. Has anyone else had a similar experience and a fix?

I'm open to the idea of replacing the whole seat, if that's what it takes 😂 I love my Bronco and would like to keep it for a very long time... But if I can't solve this, I might have to trade it for something else 😔
I got the Electric Leather seats on a OBX for precisely that reason. They are minutely adjustable. The seating position in a Mustang is more laying back; Bronco sits up. Getting in is different as well. Id check with an orthopedic or Chiropractor to be sure you dont have spine issues that the new car exacerbated. For a start. Typically, I lay back, im tall, but Id be annoyed to have to adjust the seat manually . . . That alone would hurt my back

NirWheels

Base
First Name
Nir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m pretty sure the issue is the headrest. I felt the same, and it improved a lot after pushing the lumber support all the way out. New Bronco should have a 4way headrest, hopefully we can upgrade to it.

Sponsored

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Y'all!

Dont get a jeep if you trade it...you will be even more uncomfortable.

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I deal with back pain off and on from office chairs. I can say that very small adjustments can make a big difference. My stock Bronco seat has been great so far, but my longest trip has only been an hour.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey Y'all!

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Sponsored