First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I was going to purchase a WARN VR EVO 10-S or 12-S winch for my bronco and was looking at two types of winch mounts. You have the JCR Winch Plate for $594 right now, however I was hoping to keep the Tow Hooks on the front of the modular bumper but this would require I remove them. I also found Rough Country's winch mount for $210 where I could keep the tow hooks. My only issue is if the RC mount might not be as sturdy as the JCR mount and if it might damager certain areas of the car. I was also concerned with relocating the front camera eventually and saw that the relocating hardware from JCR was $250. I don't know if I would pay $250 for that little piece of metal, but if that's the only option then sure. I am wondering if other people found better options for winch mounts that could keep tow hooks, are sturdy, and could also relocate the camera.
Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the forums and I see this is your first post.

I really suggest searching on this forum for each specific product as many have installed and commented on them.

I'm assuming you have the modular front bumper on your Badlands, so there are many styles that bolt to the front of that bumper and all the ones I've seen will block your front camera, albeit not completely. As for the Tow Hooks, look at the other designs as not all of them require removal, some use them as support for the winch and some provide alternatives to them.

I'm assuming the version of the Rough Country one is the "hidden" winch, but it appears that you are not able to access the winch lever to free spool your winch and there is no way to tell if you are loading the winch line properly.

As to the camera relocation, I believe it also includes the extension wiring to move said camera. Again I recommend searching each of those products separately in this board and should get enough information to make the right decision for you. I would also suggest searching on youtube for the same.

Good luck!

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I really suggest searching on this forum for each specific product as many have installed and commented on them.

I'm assuming you have the modular front bumper on your Badlands, so there are many styles that bolt to the front of that bumper and all the ones I've seen will block your front camera, albeit not completely. As for the Tow Hooks, look at the other designs as not all of them require removal, some use them as support for the winch and some provide alternatives to them.

I'm assuming the version of the Rough Country one is the "hidden" winch, but it appears that you are not able to access the winch lever to free spool your winch and there is no way to tell if you are loading the winch line properly.

As to the camera relocation, I believe it also includes the extension wiring to move said camera. Again I recommend searching each of those products separately in this board and should get enough information to make the right decision for you. I would also suggest searching on youtube for the same.

Good luck!
you can access the winch lever to free spool on rough country.Through engine bay.

OP
OP

SirSawyer

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good luck!
This is the rough country mount that I found.
https://www.roughcountry.com/high-winch-mount-51066c.html

Good luck!
This is the rough country Mount that I found.
https://www.roughcountry.com/high-winch-mount-51066c.html
I did want to get the hidden winch mount but that would require cutting off parts of the car which I do not feel comfortable with.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a preference for the high mount RC and got that one for myself. It tucks in nice and tight and is easy to install and use.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a preference for the high mount RC and got that one for myself. It tucks in nice and tight and is easy to install and use.
It's got my vote if I ever found a need for a winch ;)

OP
OP

SirSawyer

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it mess with the parking sensors at all? And would there be a way to relocate the camera with that winch mount?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it mess with the parking sensors at all? And would there be a way to relocate the camera with that winch mount?
It has relocations for the sensors and check out @66GT 's cameras relocation bracket.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has provisions to relocate the sensors, as Tricky said.
The least expensive yet functional off-the-shelf relocate kit for the camera I have found is from Mountains2Metal.
https://mountains2metal.com/BR6FCRL/

Sponsored

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I was going to purchase a WARN VR EVO 10-S or 12-S winch for my bronco and was looking at two types of winch mounts. You have the JCR Winch Plate for $594 right now, however I was hoping to keep the Tow Hooks on the front of the modular bumper but this would require I remove them. I also found Rough Country's winch mount for $210 where I could keep the tow hooks. My only issue is if the RC mount might not be as sturdy as the JCR mount and if it might damager certain areas of the car. I was also concerned with relocating the front camera eventually and saw that the relocating hardware from JCR was $250. I don't know if I would pay $250 for that little piece of metal, but if that's the only option then sure. I am wondering if other people found better options for winch mounts that could keep tow hooks, are sturdy, and could also relocate the camera.
IAG has the one I bought.
Ford Bronco Unsure on which Winch Mount is right for me bronco

Cody@Mountains2Metal

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2D Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BIGJIM

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have ordered the Rough Country, and it is on back order. But after seeing that IAG...I'm cancelling my order and going in that direction.
Sponsored