Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Neither did I until I took the doors of my Wrangler the first time.

Also, if you’re rock crawling, it will give you better sight lines.

Going down the road there’s like a weird novel thrill to it… something about driving a car with the doors off.

(and I ride motorcycles so it’s not like I don’t have a lot of experience being exposed)

To each their own, though. I for one won’t make fun of you if you prefer to leave them on.
Lean the knee out and air up the shorts...... its a good day

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
That really sucks. If I had done that, every time I'd look at it I would fly into a rage.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel your pain, the first time I took my tailgate off of my F-350 I forgot about the camera wiring and ended up dropping it.

Wmneill

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this morning I decided to reinstall my doors for the first time since I took him off over a week ago I've absolutely love the doors off experience can't say enough for it but I want to put them on cuz she needs a bath cuz I took it out in the mud yesterday well suffice it to say the first one did not go so well I was having trouble lining up with the top hinge when I finally got it I let my hand off of the door to grab the bolt and apparently it wasn't seated all the way and fell off after looking at the top hinge the way it mounts there is a four-sided square that has two recess onto I guess I was just sitting on the top of it and just catching so a word to the wise don't take your hand off your door until you put a bolt in preferably the top bolt

20210725_100615.jpg

I was able to take vise grips and a towel and bend it back so the door closes fine and everything seals and actually it's not that noticeable yeah right

20210725_101348.jpg

My biggest concern now is that the crimp on the edge is broken open so it's just rust waiting to happen and considering how everything's made today are they going to be able to fix it or do I have to get a whole new damn door skin
20210725_102905.jpg

Well, shit happens and we just gotta move on!!!!!

P.S. don't beat me up to bad this is my first doors off vehicle.......

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for posting.. I may have been too embarrassed to actually come out and say it!

For me I figured I would use two people the first few times just to be sure, but now because of this post I'll know there's a couple things you can check before you let go of the door, like the click, or the fact that if you're on the square fully you shouldn't be able to really move the door back and forth.

I also think I'll have the top bolt in hands that I can slide it in to help secure the top before I let go.

Do the door bags actually have any sort of protection for something like this. I would think it's for scratches and such, I don't think a bag would have helped. All that weight falling on a corner is going to take its toll.

It also made me realize, Jeep doors are rounded, I wonder if this is why?

Wmneill

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this morning I decided to reinstall my doors for the first time since I took him off over a week ago I've absolutely love the doors off experience can't say enough for it but I want to put them on cuz she needs a bath cuz I took it out in the mud yesterday well suffice it to say the first one did not go so well I was having trouble lining up with the top hinge when I finally got it I let my hand off of the door to grab the bolt and apparently it wasn't seated all the way and fell off after looking at the top hinge the way it mounts there is a four-sided square that has two recess onto I guess I was just sitting on the top of it and just catching so a word to the wise don't take your hand off your door until you put a bolt in preferably the top bolt

20210725_100615.jpg

I was able to take vise grips and a towel and bend it back so the door closes fine and everything seals and actually it's not that noticeable yeah right

20210725_101348.jpg

My biggest concern now is that the crimp on the edge is broken open so it's just rust waiting to happen and considering how everything's made today are they going to be able to fix it or do I have to get a whole new damn door skin
20210725_102905.jpg

coderman

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup!! I’ll be using the barstool method again! Works like a charm. I also suggest a hydraulic cart!!
As a Boston resident I immediately thought of El Presidente and pizza 😅

Sponsored

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent 1627316034054

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent 1627316034054

Solution!! 👇🏼👇🏼
Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent 2E6CD766-DD1B-48D2-B6D0-5BB55F4916E2

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Neither did I until I took the doors of my Wrangler the first time.

Also, if you’re rock crawling, it will give you better sight lines.

Going down the road there’s like a weird novel thrill to it… something about driving a car with the doors off.

(and I ride motorcycles so it’s not like I don’t have a lot of experience being exposed)

To each their own, though. I for one won’t make fun of you if you prefer to leave them on.
Yeah, not knocking it. Just never appealed to me in any way. I can see the rock crawling aspect. Sucks that it got damaged. I can see an aftermarket for door corner protection.