Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So this morning I decided to reinstall my doors for the first time since I took him off over a week ago I've absolutely love the doors off experience can't say enough for it but I want to put them on cuz she needs a bath cuz I took it out in the mud yesterday well suffice it to say the first one did not go so well I was having trouble lining up with the top hinge when I finally got it I let my hand off of the door to grab the bolt and apparently it wasn't seated all the way and fell off after looking at the top hinge the way it mounts there is a four-sided square that has two recess onto I guess I was just sitting on the top of it and just catching so a word to the wise don't take your hand off your door until you put a bolt in preferably the top bolt

Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent 20210725_100615

I was able to take vise grips and a towel and bend it back so the door closes fine and everything seals and actually it's not that noticeable yeah right

Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent 20210725_101348

My biggest concern now is that the crimp on the edge is broken open so it's just rust waiting to happen and considering how everything's made today are they going to be able to fix it or do I have to get a whole new damn door skin
Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent 20210725_102905

Well, shit happens and we just gotta move on!!!!!

P.S. don't beat me up to bad this is my first doors off vehicle.......

UPDATE:
Body shop called me back. Took so long because there are no parts out there. Because of the corner and the crimping of the door it needs to be replaced totaly!! They also found a dent in the door sill( i guess when it dropped it fell over on the sill and put a little dimple in it) also there is some chipping on the rear door (no idea how that happened) So the total would be about $3000.00!!!!
I was surprised that the door was only about $700.00. Most of the cost is labor and paint because of blending everything together. Even if i want to fix it, i cant because there are no parts. God forbid i get a door skin taken away from one of your builds!!😂😂😂

The one good thing is that it actually is hard to notice, i have asked 7 people to look for it and only two spotted it and it took a good 5 to 10 seconds.....

So it shall stay, for now.

We will see what happens this weekend, going to Rausch Creek on saturday. Maybe wont matter after that!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your experience - I’m sure you had a few choice words when this happened. But this is a great reminder/tip for all of us. Sorry to hear this happened.

I’m sure someone on this forum will have some body-shop tips to help out. I’m sure it can be fixed, but who knows how much. If you’re concerned about rust long term, the cost up-front may be cheaper than long term impact.

LolaD

Outer Banks
First Name
Lola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would die!

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ughh… sorry to heart it man. I was hoping we wouldn’t see too many situations like this. I’m wondering if getting a door dolly would be a good idea.

And unfortunately you can’t buy a door skin. You would need an entire door. But a good shop should be able to pull that off. Just be glad you can drop the door off somewhere to be fixed while you can still drive it.

https://www.eastwood.com/e-z-rest-d...0QU2BHnIf4l40aEBf40-2KCYxvszcP14aAmaQEALw_wcB

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your experience - I’m sure you had a few choice words when this happened. But this is a great reminder/tip for all of us. Sorry to hear this happened.

I’m sure someone on this forum will have some body-shop tips to help out. I’m sure it can be fixed, but who knows how much. If you’re concerned about rust long term, the cost up-front may be cheaper than long term impact.
Thank you yeah what really sucks besides all this I had an appointment next week to get paint correction and ceramic coating oh well I guess that has to wait and I'll definitely get it fixed right away and done right it's not worth it not to like you said long-term

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ouch sorry to see that man. Thanks for sharing the $@&*# moments with us. You know you won’t be the only one to do it.

OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ughh… sorry to heart it man. I was hoping we wouldn’t see too many situations like this. I’m wondering if getting a door dolly would be a good idea.

https://www.eastwood.com/e-z-rest-d...0QU2BHnIf4l40aEBf40-2KCYxvszcP14aAmaQEALw_wcB
I thought of that as well afterwards but honestly putting on the driver's door now that I know what to feel and look for it's not a problem this is how we learn life right! The door's not really that heavy a little awkward but with the bag on it you have so many handles my own dumb fault and of course I pulled the bag off then it fell so there's no protection there

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No advice, Just wanna say that sucks. Sorry this happened. To attempt a positive, the first "ding" is out of the way.

OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

were you using the alignment pin in the lower hinge?
Yes I was it was hooked on that but the top if you look at the top it has a circle that goes to a square it had latched onto the first part but not seated all the way so that's why I slipped off the top hinge

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh shit! That sucks, I’m sorry! I’m not sure how to respond since this is Bronco6G so you’ll get both types.

*Look on the bright side! At least you have a Bronco to bust the door!

*Idiot, you deserve to drive a Jeep.

Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent 1627223837901

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m sure others will do this as well….
Sponsored