Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
East Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/ 1998 Honda C-RV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got my Black diamond Bronco and wanted to remove the doors. Needless to say, I've watched a few videos and it was very simple. Now take into consideration, I received my order 4 days after my Bronco was built-- i.e. paint is really fresh.

Ok so here was my issue, the video I watched did not specify that there were door "rubber protectors" in the tool case that comes with truck and I chipped one of the doors (very small paint chip) by barely touching the door to the frame of the car. because of that, I wanted to directly come here an share what I have learned:

PLEASE EITHER USE the rubber protectors or some other contraption so you do not chip your cars paint or wait 30-90 days door the paint to fully cure. In all reality we need to come up with 2 rubber pieces that are at least 8-10 inches long--the ones provided are about 2.5 inches to protect the door whilst putting them back on.
Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just got my Black diamond Bronco and wanted to remove the doors. Needless to say, I've watched a few videos and it was very simple. Now take into consideration, I received my order 4 days after my Bronco was built-- i.e. paint is really fresh.

Ok so here was my issue, the video I watched did not specify that there were door "rubber protectors" in the tool case that comes with truck and I chipped one of the doors (very small paint chip) by barely touching the door to the frame of the car. because of that, I wanted to directly come here an share what I have learned:

PLEASE EITHER USE the rubber protectors or some other contraption so you do not chip your cars paint or wait 30-90 days door the paint to fully cure. In all reality we need to come up with 2 rubber pieces that are at least 8-10 inches long--the ones provided are about 2.5 inches to protect the door whilst putting them back on.
Thanks for the helpful, albeit painful to experience, info!

EDIT: For those that do not have one yet, would you be able/willing to provide photo of one of these installed widgets? Just so that the rest of us can have a clue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

EDIT: For those that do not have one yet, would you be able/willing to provide photo of one of these installed widgets? Just so that the rest of us can have a clue.
About 47 seconds in, you see the protectors.

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I will once I go on lunch break.

Sponsored

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if we are allowed to do Bronco Nation videos and it could already be posted, bit this is the best one, especially at the end. I will at least be doing this.

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know if we are allowed to do Bronco Nation videos and it could already be posted, bit this is the best one, especially at the end. I will at least be doing this.

THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED TO WATCH! THANKS FOR THIS, AT LEAST 3 OF MY DOORS WILL NEVER HAVE A CHIP.

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
first thing I do is go to the parts store for some hose and splice it for the entire length of the door. what they provide seems minimal at best.

Yup! that's what I am doing before I remove once more.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering what those things were for. Ha!

“Available door bags” (re: for $350 [unless you have a black diamond] though they should be included).

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering what those things were for. Ha!

“Available door bags” (re: for $350 [unless you have a black diamond] though they should be included).
what is this about the door bags?
Sponsored