Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just wanted to pop in and say I got these same error messages about 30 seconds after cranking up and getting on the road yesterday. I’m still learning about all the drive modes but 2H is the normal default right? Have you heard any updates from your dealer? Talking to mine on Monday.
Ford Bronco Updated: Check 4x4 warning alert - 4A DAE35AAA-BF28-4465-B23F-89B866207C92

Ford Bronco Updated: Check 4x4 warning alert - 4A D450EE96-33D0-4E4D-8F9F-38028929CBCF
Sponsored

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2H is normal and the manual says 4A is for “all on road driving conditions” despite people saying you shouldn’t use it in dry conditions. Having said that, it’s probably easier on the transfer case to operate in 2H most of the time.

My dealer ordered a new transfer case module that will take 4-6 weeks to get in. They said if that doesn’t work, they’ll have to open up the transfer case and sign around for issues.

Let me know what your dealer Says as I don’t think mine really knows what’s wrong.

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2H is normal and the manual says 4A is for “all on road driving conditions” despite people saying you shouldn’t use it in dry conditions. Having said that, it’s probably easier on the transfer case to operate in 2H most of the time.

My dealer ordered a new transfer case module that will take 4-6 weeks to get in. They said if that doesn’t work, they’ll have to open up the transfer case and sign around for issues.

Let me know what your dealer Says as I don’t think mine really knows what’s wrong.
Mine doesn’t even have 4A so it’s not that for me. Right now my dealer has a ticket open with Ford and has told me they’re baffled. So…. Just waiting. 🤷🏼‍♀️ They did say that they’re had checked connections and ended up stopped because the diagrams they had didn’t match what the computer was telling them so we’ll see. I’ll update when I hear back.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: They replaced MB3Z*7P238*D transfer case module today, and it seems to have solved the issue. I drove it for a while in Sport mode, which should be harder on the transfer case and places it in 4A. I tried lots of tight turns under power on dry pavement and was never able to trigger the warning again. I'll continue to test it out, but all seems well.

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just saw the Check 4X4 box this morning, and the Service Vehicle Soon, but I do not have 4A in my Base Manual Bronco. I never moved away from 2H since getting the Bronco last Monday.

Replaced tires from 30" to 33" on Tuesday, Changed the circumference with ForScan yesterday. Would this trigger the Check 4X4 /service? Hope the Check 4X4 thing can resolve itself. Made an appointment with dealer for Friday, no vacancy until then.

Thank you for your advices and suggestions!

Sponsored

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine doesn’t even have 4A so it’s not that for me. Right now my dealer has a ticket open with Ford and has told me they’re baffled. So…. Just waiting. 🤷🏼‍♀️ They did say that they’re had checked connections and ended up stopped because the diagrams they had didn’t match what the computer was telling them so we’ll see. I’ll update when I hear back.
Does your 4x4 not engage?

vmals

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This just happened to mine at just over 4k mile. 22 Wildtrak.

Happened randomly over the weekend and wouldn't switch into 4A or anything other than 2H. Didn't drive it Monday and on Tuesday afternoon on my way to the dealer the service light went away and I was able to go into 4A and 4H normally as it should. Almost turned back around lol but glad I didn't because by the time I got to the dealer check 4x4 came back on and it wouldn't switch into 4A or H. At service now and I will update what they turn up.

Dcook

Badlands
First Name
Davon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
03/02/22 Update: They replaced MB3Z*7P238*D transfer case module today, and it seems to have solved the issue. I drove it for a while in Sport mode, which should be harder on the transfer case and places it in 4A. I tried lots of tight turns under power on dry pavement and was never able to trigger the warning again. I'll continue to test it out, but all seems well.

I’ve had my Badlands for just under a week, and have been running in 4auto the entire time as we’ve been getting a lot of snow. The snow is drying up and the roads are mostly clear and I got a “service vehicle soon “ warning and a “check 4x4” warning.

I took it into the dealer and there were no codes. I scheduled an appointment for next week to look into it, however in the meantime they are telling me that 4A is not for use on dry pavement. I thought that was the entire point of having 4A and I’m doubting his recommendation.
Thoughts?

Ford Bronco Updated: Check 4x4 warning alert - 4A D450EE96-33D0-4E4D-8F9F-38028929CBCF
You had no codes with a scan tool? I’m getting this message one my screen but when I scan I get U0403-00 (invalid data received from transfer case control module) along with C068F-35 and -36. Those are awd module codes…. But replacing the tcase control module did it for you?

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You had no codes with a scan tool? I’m getting this message one my screen but when I scan I get U0403-00 (invalid data received from transfer case control module) along with C068F-35 and -36. Those are awd module codes…. But replacing the tcase control module did it for you?
I didn’t run the scan tool myself, but from what I remember the dealer told me there were no codes

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just saw the Check 4X4 box this morning, and the Service Vehicle Soon, but I do not have 4A in my Base Manual Bronco. I never moved away from 2H since getting the Bronco last Monday.

Replaced tires from 30" to 33" on Tuesday, Changed the circumference with ForScan yesterday. Would this trigger the Check 4X4 /service? Hope the Check 4X4 thing can resolve itself. Made an appointment with dealer for Friday, no vacancy until then.

Exact same scenario here. Messed with Forscan yesterday, changed tire circumference from 2440 (BD default) to 2520 (BL default, I have BL takeoffs on my vehicle) and boom, this morning I have the Check 4x4 message. No attempt to do 4A. Will return to 2440 tonight and see if this clears up things.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

See this thread, solution (via Forscan) is there

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/stock-badlands-tire-circumference.40863/page-3#post-1961707

Smitty1979

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F-100, 2016 F150, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Did you ever figure this out? I have same codes, but I can't pull up AWD module reset. I am unsure of how to retro it, tried removing and re installing Forscan on new HP laptop with no change. Not sure if I need a differnt USB adapter or something else prohibiting me from accessing it???

Dcook

Badlands
First Name
Davon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t remember what this thread is about 😂. Is this the 4x4 error after editing tire size in forscan? If so you need to do a pcm relearn with the new tire size as well as a awd module relearn. If this about a 4x4 error that you got driving around; my issue was fixed by the dealer replacing the tcase control module.