DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never understood the point of tube doors, nor the expense. People afraid they’re going to go flying from the vehicle laterally? You go through the trouble of taking your doors off only to put some welded pipes in the way?
Tube doors help with the feeling of not falling out when doing rock crawling or other obstacles that get you squirrely, while also allowing the visibility that comes from open doors. Before tube doors, my wife and kids were inclined to not stay in the jeep for those types of obstacles...after tube doors no problem.
Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No snarky replies as I realize someone can just climb through, but do they have a locking mechanism? What is the weight of them?

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not for me but cool for people that like them.

They are different and can see being psyched if these are accessories you are into.

Congrats op

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tube doors help with the feeling of not falling out when doing rock crawling or other obstacles that get you squirrely, while also allowing the visibility that comes from open doors. Before tube doors, my wife and kids were inclined to not stay in the jeep for those types of obstacles...after tube doors no problem.
I'd like to get them to just use over the summer for open air effect. I'd have to check the laws in my state as I'm not sure if I can drive with no doors...regardless, my wife would never allow that with the kids...

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They latch but do not 'lock'. They unlatch with a pull strap. Seen in my post #22 above.
I've never had a Wrangler before (will be putting in order for Bronco when we are able), but I assume that security is generally not an issue with these types of vehicles? Plus, I can always get that security box in the center console?

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've never had a Wrangler before (will be putting in order for Bronco when we are able), but I assume that security is generally not an issue with these types of vehicles? Plus, I can always get that security box in the center console?
I think it depends on your comfort level and where you live. We ran top down tube doors for a long time in our Wrangler with no issues. Just mindful to not leave things laying around that could easily be grabbed or other items that are inviting people to want to reach in and grab. Other items were locked in the console or we also had a metal lockbox that bolted in under the drivers seat which was super helpful as well. Then again, we had a soft top wrangler and now have a soft top Bronco, so if someone was willing, they could easily get in anyway.

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those look great! I would love to see what they look like on a 2D Bronco. Someone should post here. Also, I wonder if they would look good if the tube doors were paint matched 🤔
Ford Bronco UPDATED - OEM Tube Door installed! 1652893197925

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it depends on your comfort level and where you live. We ran top down tube doors for a long time in our Wrangler with no issues. Just mindful to not leave things laying around that could easily be grabbed or other items that are inviting people to want to reach in and grab. Other items were locked in the console or we also had a metal lockbox that bolted in under the drivers seat which was super helpful as well. Then again, we had a soft top wrangler and now have a soft top Bronco, so if someone was willing, they could easily get in anyway.
good points...being I've never had tube doors, they seem so cool to run around town, soccer games/practices, etc....oh...how heavy are they and are they easy to switch with standard doors?

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odd about the hate. They look awesome, that's the biggest reason for me

HRBowhunter

First Edition
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Ford Bronco, '21 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Super cool doors! Not super cool that they don't close properly.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A little disappointed that these are a no-go option for the Raptor, as for the added expense/defeats the purpose of no doors - I need the armrest for my dog to lean on when he's riding shotgun.
Sponsored